IGNORED

Alex Scott

steviestevieneville

1 minute ago, E.G.Red said:

No theyd rather show a boring snore draw.  Their loss, not ours. Under the radar until after Tuesday.

Yes, they showed Ipswich Burnley before our game and the other draws too. The only thing they said about Scott was "his first goal for a year". Maybe we asked them not to give him any publicity? :)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

. He’s very level headed and knows where he’s going . Watching him today live was a experienced ive never seen by a city player. He owned the pitch . I really mean that . Every time he got the ball was like slow motion . My first home city game was Stoke when shilton done cheeses knee . I was 5 . I was too young really to remember Gow in his pomp but I do know he never had Scott’s ability . Some of his skill today was world class 

I agree that Scott is level headed and I'm sure he sees his pathway to the top clearly in front of him but I'd be wary of comparisons with the great Gerry Gow just yet. I've little doubt he will be able to make the step up to the top level but he's yet to prove that, something that Gerry did in spades. Gow was much more than a hard working enforcer, and his 50 goals in a City shirt are but one measure of that. Scotland's failure to cap him multiple times was a travesty. I hope to see young Alex in a City shirt for a while yet and will readily chart his rise to surpass the achievements of the City legend when he does depart but let's not get carried away, he still has a long way to go. 

33 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Has anywhere got extended highlights where I can watch The Alex Scott Show?

He could have easily filled one of those YouTube highlight packages in that one game. 

I would love to know what his passing stats were @Davefevs, I can only remember one that didn't get to its target, which considering how many were attacking passes is amazing.

And that run that brought the booking was like watching a slalom skier! 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He could have easily filled one of those YouTube highlight packages in that one game. 

I would love to know what his passing stats were @Davefevs, I can only remember one that didn't get to its target, which considering how many were attacking passes is amazing.

And that run that brought the booking was like watching a slalom skier! 

According to some stats sites it was something like 48 / 49 success.

Wyscout doesn’t count sideways passes less than 10m (don’t ask why), and they had him at 33 / 39..

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

The way he opens and positions his body when receiving the ball is exceptional. It enables him to control perfectly, to give himself more time, to compose...then the perfectly weighted pass. 

Clever use of body when drawing fouls as well.

He could be a huge star on this trajectory. 

He's one of the best players we've ever had imo. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pl00peh91 said:

Even this doesn't really do his performance full justice. He also made a couple of key interventions in our box. Reminds me of Bellingham in that regard; he's always in the key areas of the pitch when he needs to be. 

Like all top sportspeople he makes the game look easy too. Always looks like he has got more time on the ball than anyone else. 

He alone makes me want to attend as many games as I can between now and the end of the season, as we have to accept there is little to no chance he'll be a City player come August. 

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Even this doesn't really do his performance full justice. He also made a couple of key interventions in our box. Reminds me of Bellingham in that regard; he's always in the key areas of the pitch when he needs to be. 

Like all top sportspeople he makes the game look easy too. Always looks like he has got more time on the ball than anyone else. 

He alone makes me want to attend as many games as I can between now and the end of the season, as we have to accept there is little to no chance he'll be a City player come August. 

Little to no chance at all.........corrected!! The pass for Sam Bell's hat-trick attempt was made to look like a simple little ball slipped inside the full back but the pace and weight was perfection and I guarantee you James, Massengo and Williams most certainly don't have that in their locker. Same the other week for Cam Pring to assist Semenyo. Like you say, makes it look easy. Interesting that he was getting stick from the lads for a lack of end-product. Been saying it for a few weeks and the stick is being given, not because he's crap, but because he has so much ability in comparison to the rest that he really should be giving us that bit more............and the other players know it.

Edited by Numero Uno

People say he needs to add goals to his game....if he does that's a bonus. He doesn't need to. He's going to the top regardless.

He's Modric. He's David Silva. He's the kind of player we've always lacked in this country. Keeps things ticking over. Does the simple stuff so well. So good technically, recieves the ball in tight spaces with ease. Picks the right pass at the right time with the right weight, always in front of his man. Not making a player check back or take a touch to get it under control, hitting them right in stride.

Give it a few years he's going to compliment Bellingham so well in the England side

• Like 2

I’ve watched Scott’s highlights from yesterday a few times now. 

Being rational and with no City bias, I’ve been trying to think of another Championship or lower Prem young player with his game at his age. (Bellingham is the obvious one, but only because he’s recently moved and so fresh in my mind and was/is so young.)

Struggling to think of a like for like, not just to try and rationalise a market value, but to try and compare the kind of hype/interest a similar player has had. 

If premiership teams weren’t sure before yesterday, then they are now surely?! I can’t see how he’d have gone unnoticed to any team in that league, so its conceivable that European teams are aware too. Due diligence, not hyperbole.

Another performance like that against a prem side in the next round and his stock will rise further. 

Agree with others that I can’t see him staying past this summer, but it’ll be fascinating to see who shows their hand first, where he ends up and for what fee. 

57 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Just looked through Twitter. It would appear that the cat is out of the bag boys. 

We’ve got 48 hours to get through. 

As I said yesterday on the match day thread, the cat has been out of the bag for a while - it’s now exited the cat flap and is shitting on a neighbours garden. 

I make no excuses for repeating that. Clubs have been aware for ages. Every prem club knows of Scott. The difference now is they know they need to make a move and soon.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Already had more better performances than Massengo has had the whole time he’s been here. Age doesn’t matter when it comes to pure talent. That’s what a talented 19 year old looks like. 

basically, Alex Scott is everything we were hoping Massengo should be. They’re leagues apart. 

You say that, but has Alex Scott ever played in the European Champions League? No, of course not.

Han-Noah has; more than once, in fact.

Has AS ever played against PSG? Of course not.

AS might have played away against Stoke on a cold Tuesday night (it was probably on a nice, sunny Saturday afternoon!), but has he ever played in the cauldron that was Stade Lyonnais, now Groupama Stadium? Thought not.

Finally, just look at their respective hair styles.

AS sports nothing more than a form of ‘short back and sides’, which bears no comparison whatsoever to the magnificent mane worn with exquisite splendour by Han-Noah.

• Haha 2