IGNORED

Alex Scott

steviestevieneville

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

I’m worried someone meets our £25M asking price. Time for a rethink 

Let’s wait a bit longer and take the £100m 

If only it worked like that. £100m to a prem club selling to a top 6 prem club, championship club selling to prem probably has a ceiling of about £25/30m post COVID.

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

Edited by Pezo

9 minutes ago, Pezo said:

If only it worked like that. £100m to a prem club selling to a top 6 prem club, championship club selling to prem probably has a ceiling of about £25/30m post COVID.

Agree with your concept, only exception is Morgan Gibbs White, I haven't seen enough of him to know how AS compares to be honest but Scott is just a special standout talent so my gut feel is he has to be at the top end of your bracket if not above

Enjoyable. 

People often say a young footballer "speaks so well", but honestly he speaks so well. Visibly delighted for Bell, and some lovely and encouraging words about Francois at the end. Also some self-reflection that belies his 19 years. 

Bellingham speaks with incredible maturity for a young man, and Scott echoes that.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Agree with your concept, only exception is Morgan Gibbs White, I haven't seen enough of him to know how AS compares to be honest but Scott is just a special standout talent so my gut feel is he has to be at the top end of your bracket if not above

MGW moved from a prem club to a newly promoted prem club for £25m? that type of move wasn't explicitly covered but seems to fit close enough to a lower prem team buying someone.

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Absolutely.  Would be a great signing for Liverpool with their aging midfield.  Cue the confused emojis!  I remember saying why on earth aren’t Man United making sure they get Bellingham and ensuring he knows he would be in their squad. He was good enough. These top teams could save themselves a lot of money by buying players one move earlier. 

I see quite few similarities between Thiago and Scott, the way they glide across the pitch and direct their passes directly into team mates path.

I enjoyed watching Scott after the game today.

He ran over to congratulate Bell, and then shared a moment with Francois.

The lad has everything in regards to technical ability, that much we already knew. But it’s his role as a leader that is equally as impressive.

He is like a seasoned professional at such a young age, a quality that few have at such an early stage of their career. Bellingham looks to have the same traits, as did Gerrard when he burst into the scene many years ago. 

Those characteristics are what can set players apart. 

He is heading to the very top of the game.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, firstdivision said:

I find it very surprising that a PL club hasn’t taken a £25m punt on him in this window. He might be a ‘one for the future’ for a big PL club at the moment but there is so much to work with. 

. He’s very level headed and knows where he’s going . Watching him today live was a experienced ive never seen by a city player. He owned the pitch . I really mean that . Every time he got the ball was like slow motion . My first home city game was Stoke when shilton done cheeses knee . I was 5 . I was too young really to remember Gow in his pomp but I do know he never had Scott’s ability . Some of his skill today was world class 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I enjoyed watching Scott after the game today.

He ran over to congratulate Bell, and then shared a moment with Francois.

The lad has everything in regards to technical ability, that much we already knew. But it’s his role as a leader that is equally as impressive.

He is like a seasoned professional at such a young age, a quality that few have at such an early stage of their career. Bellingham looks to have the same traits, as did Gerrard when he burst into the scene many years ago. 

Those characteristics are what can set players apart. 

He is heading to the very top of the game.

Comparisons on leadership with Bellingham are 100%,  different players obviously but I wouldn’t be surprised if Dortmund came in for him in the summer 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Comparisons on leadership with Bellingham are 100%,  different players obviously but I wouldn’t be surprised if Dortmund came in for him in the summer 

Agreed. I keep saying it, enjoy while you can. This is some Champions League future star we’re seeing grow here. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

. He’s very level headed and knows where he’s going . Watching him today live was a experienced ive never seen by a city player. He owned the pitch . I really mean that . Every time he got the ball was like slow motion . My first home city game was Stoke when shilton done cheeses knee . I was 5 . I was too young really to remember Gow in his pomp but I do know he never had Scott’s ability . Some of his skill today was world class 

I started going to AG in 1967 aged 13,  I just missed seeing John Atyeo. I'm 68 now. 

He's the best player I've seen in a City shirt.....and he's 19 FFS !

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

21 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I was there for the Stoke game and somewhat older than you so saw some good players as far back as mid60s.

Have been racking my brain to find a better or at least the same level player as Scott.

He's the best iv seen in a City shirt. The only ones that come anywhere near for all round ability were Merrick and Collier, both defenders of coarse and seasoned players by the time City were at there peak.

Scott out on his own at this age for sure.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

He's the best player I've seen in a City shirt.....and he's 19 FFS !

Yes, got to say he looks the most assured and mature 19 year old I’ve seen play for City, and started going in 1966. Gow was a great inspirational midfield player (more of a destroyer who could play as well), but I would say that at this moment Scott looks to have the most potential and talent of home developed players I’ve seen at the Gate. To look on that pitch today, he played as though he’d been playing at this level for someone having 10 years more experience. What he lacks over the likes of Mount and Grealish at a similar age is probably that explosive goal at the moment. If he can add more goals to his own game (I think he can) then he’s going to a top six team because he looks to have all the tools to become the complete midfield player.

• Like 3

Already had more better performances than Massengo has had the whole time he’s been here. Age doesn’t matter when it comes to pure talent. That’s what a talented 19 year old looks like. 

basically, Alex Scott is everything we were hoping Massengo should be. They’re leagues apart. 

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, pride of the west said:

I think you've answered your own question.  No prem club is gonna spend £25m for 'one for the future'. He goes for that fee then he's immediately on the bench for a top 6 team or starting for anybody else. 

Fwiw I think the whole of the prem is watching him and are waiting for the season to finish to confirm whether or not he can put in an 8 out 10 performance most games. He carries on playing like today then there will be a bidding war like we've not seen before at this club. 

I didn’t ask a question; I made a statement.

But you buy him now to make sure someone else doesn’t get him…because there’s so much to work with.

6 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Agreed - let’s hope there weren’t any scouts there, watching him today ?

I do wonder whether we may need to fend off a big bid before the window closes on Tuesday - hope I am wrong as we need to build our side around him next season and see where it takes us!

Yes Alex was very impressive today. Any scouts watching today would be impressed as much. It might take one or offers bit of bidding war and if 25 mil does get offered with decent add ons . I think the club cannot turn that down . Unfortunately money counts . And there still time in window for that to happen. And as level headed as Alex is, prem club, huge pay rise, he might get his head turned. He will go in summer if not anyway. But want to enjoy watching him play for city for rest of the season 

• Like 2

Basically, he has the lot.  At times he’s carried us this season.  He’s had quiet games too.  But he’s 19 FFS.

He is incomparable with anyone we currently have or have had.  I saw Gow a bit before he went to Man City, and as key as he was to City, he wasn’t like this at 19 (according to those who saw him break into the first team).  He wasn’t key for quite a few years.

I’d love him to stay another season, but now I worry about him staying this window.

• Like 3

I am sure he won't go by the end of the window. That Semenyo deal has netted off any theoretical 

Next sesson totally different matter, if the bid is right he surely goes- question is would a move in summer 2024 be best for his development or is summer 2023 the time? Either way enjoy him while he lasts as a City fan- he's fantastic yet only 19!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I am sure he won't go by the end of the window. That Semenyo deal has netted off any theoretical 

Next sesson totally different matter, if the bid is right he surely goes- question is would a move in summer 2024 be best for his development or is summer 2023 the time? Either way enjoy him while he lasts as a City fan- he's fantastic yet only 19!

Lets hope you're right, but it'll be easy for a top 6 prem club to make use an offer we can't refuse without thinking too much about it.

Edited by Sleepy1968

If I was him I would forget the top English clubs for now and go somewhere he will play every week in the. Dortmund would be a great move for him when Bellingham goes.

Edited by Super
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Absolutely.  Would be a great signing for Liverpool with their aging midfield.  Cue the confused emojis!  I remember saying why on earth aren’t Man United making sure they get Bellingham and ensuring he knows he would be in their squad. He was good enough. These top teams could save themselves a lot of money by buying players one move earlier. 

I suppose at its basic, the very top clubs don't have to? If there is two players with cracking potential, they can wait and then buy the one who continues to become a top top player for stupid money as, well, they have it. 
In terms of maximising value, we could I suppose draw a top six club in the cup, and he shows then he has got it at that level, which I am sure he does. Personally, I would leave him on the bench.