IGNORED

Alex Scott

steviestevieneville

30 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

He's the most talented player we have had in the modern era.

And Its not even close.

We are blessed to have him. 

He’s the most complete player I’ve seen play for us in 25 years of watching - especially when you consider he’s doing it in the hardest position on the pitch and at the highest level we’ve played during that time.

I just can’t think of another player who comes close to his all-round game? And he’s 19! ?

Edited by The Journalist
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

He’s the most complete player I’ve seen play for us in 25 years of watching - especially when you consider he’s doing it in the hardest position on the pitch and at the highest level we’ve played during that time.

I just can’t think of another player who comes close to his all-round game? And he’s 19! ?

Once he adds goals he’ll be.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

If Semenyo is 10m. 
scott is 4 years younger, has 2 years longer on his contract And is miles better. 
25m would seem low. 

Absolutely.  Would be a great signing for Liverpool with their aging midfield.  Cue the confused emojis!  I remember saying why on earth aren’t Man United making sure they get Bellingham and ensuring he knows he would be in their squad. He was good enough. These top teams could save themselves a lot of money by buying players one move earlier. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Agreed - let’s hope there weren’t any scouts there, watching him today ?

I do wonder whether we may need to fend off a big bid before the window closes on Tuesday - hope I am wrong as we need to build our side around him next season and see where it takes us!

Let’s hope there were….25 30 35 mil keep going.

I didn't take time to read this thread as I would had started something myself, but Scott was absolutely fantrastic today.

Faultless performanace and what a brilliant player. Make the most of this as he will be gone in the summer, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Simply outstanding…….let’s hope he signs that new contract!

Being realistic , I don’t think he will & he has two & a half years left on the one he has . I think it’s best to just enjoy the lad. He won’t be here by the time the summer window shut unfortunately . The upside is , if he plays like that until the end of the season then the £25m supposedly quoted will just be for his shin pads 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, richyy66 said:

Simply outstanding today. Would not even bet against him playing for our National team one day. Best player on the pitch

He’s already won the euros with the u19s, I know it’s no guarantee of senior call up but he’s in the right circles already.

I missed the game today but absolutely buzzing for him and Sam Bell, just catching up on all the threads and comments. Sounds like a great win

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

I'd take £20m and a bigger percentage of his next sale.

He's a £100m player in the making. 

You talk a lot sense Percy generally but there’s no way I’d take £20m but depends who come in for him. If it’s one of the big guns then he’ll probably be there for years or not kick on & get sold cheap. I really think the lad got his head screwed on . If he went to a club like villa then there’s every chance off a big sell on. I think he’s in charge of his own destiny . He won’t be going to Bournemouth or palace that’s for sure 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

I find it very surprising that a PL club hasn’t taken a £25m punt on him in this window. He might be a ‘one for the future’ for a big PL club at the moment but there is so much to work with. 

Who’s to say that one won’t before 11pm on Tuesday……hopefully not but you never know 

Just now, firstdivision said:

I find it very surprising that a PL club hasn’t taken a £25m punt on him in this window. He might be a ‘one for the future’ for a big PL club at the moment but there is so much to work with. 

They will wish they had when he sells for 30+

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Agreed - let’s hope there weren’t any scouts there, watching him today ?

I do wonder whether we may need to fend off a big bid before the window closes on Tuesday - hope I am wrong as we need to build our side around him next season and see where it takes us!

But there is still Match of the Day to come. Let's hope they don't sing  his praises too much. 

He's very good and certainly one of the best i've seen in my 40 years of following City.

In terms of a fee, we have to remember that he's playing Champ football and The Prem is a different beast all together.

I would say 20mill with a number of performance related/sell ons is about right. If he goes on to become a full England international (and it is an if) then as long as we benefit from it, thats all we can ask.

24 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

I think you've answered your own question.  No prem club is gonna spend £25m for 'one for the future'. He goes for that fee then he's immediately on the bench for a top 6 team or starting for anybody else. 

Fwiw I think the whole of the prem is watching him and are waiting for the season to finish to confirm whether or not he can put in an 8 out 10 performance most games. He carries on playing like today then there will be a bidding war like we've not seen before at this club. 

• Like 1