IGNORED

Six nations

Kid in the Riot

5 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I can see why he's done it. I'm not sure Smith and Farrell work as a combination. The World Cup is soon and Farrell has won lots of games for England. Smith doesn't have the credit in the bank yet. If the World Cup was next year, I might struggle to see the case for benching Smith.

Again I didn't think they played that badly. They were poor defensively but they haven't had long with Sinfield. You'd expect that to improve. 

The problem with Farrell is that being captain, if he's not kicking well he doesn't give anyone else a chance!

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Midred said:

If Wales don't play their match against England do all the points go to England or just a proportion of them?

I would expect a bonus points win would be awarded 

I can't see it getting to that the fall out and repercussions for not playing the game will be immense 

Also imagine the financial loss of everyone impacted 

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

I would expect a bonus points win would be awarded 

I can't see it getting to that the fall out and repercussions for not playing the game will be immense 

Also imagine the financial loss of everyone impacted 

It will be interesting to see how Wales play. They could either be completely fired up for it or they could just think "**** it!" Although that would be unlikely! 

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Only saw the second half but Wales didn’t offer much. England should have scored more but a win in Cardiff is always a big result. Stadium seemed quite subdued which is weird as it’s normally bouncing. 

It was crap for the Ireland game too. Big problems for Welsh rugby. Wales were shite but again England left a lot of points out there. Still work in progress I guess. Nice to see Sinckler go over. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Seemed to be loads of England fans there. I can remember hearing swing low being so loud and not drowned out. A Very tame atmosphere

Ticket prices a big bone of contention. Don't think they're conducive to getting the right kind of fans in to create an intense atmosphere. Compare it with the impressive work the Welsh FA have done with the football and it's chalk and cheese. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot

13 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ticket prices a big bone of contention. Don't think they're conducive to getting the right kind of fans in to create an intense atmosphere. Compare it with the impressive work the Welsh FA have done with the football and it's chalk and cheese. 

Too expensive/ too cheap?

8 hours ago, The Bard said:

Rumours in the media and around Bristol that Farrell has been dropped for the France game for Smith and Ellis is captain. 

Good. Farrell is miles off it even his normally reliable kicking has gone to pot.

12 hours ago, The Bard said:

Rumours in the media and around Bristol that Farrell has been dropped for the France game for Smith and Ellis is captain. 

Brave from Borthwick to drop Farrell, but the right call. I hope Smith grasps the opportunity. Also really delighted for Genge

• Like 1