IGNORED

Six nations

Kid in the Riot

14 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

One of the most powerful players in the game, on his day. 40 odd international tries and 2 Lions tours.

He would have walked into any Northern Hemisphere team in his prime.

He'll be best remembered for that tackle in his first Lions tour. He was good no doubt but not World Class IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Can someone who knows more about rugby than me tell me why England would kick the ball in the air with four mins left instead of keeping it? Commentators didn’t even acknowledge it 

That's what I dont get about rugby. Possession is freely given to the opposition.

• Like 1

I will be at our local bar / cafe in the morning and expect to get a good bit of light hearted banter from all and sundry in attendance ........................ bastards !!!!!

I shall instead ignore their comments and will treat them to my Paddy's Day shirt (also referred to as a ZZ Top shirt by others who have seen it).

paddys.jpg

Edited by BigTone
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Can someone who knows more about rugby than me tell me why England would kick the ball in the air with four mins left instead of keeping it? Commentators didn’t even acknowledge it 

I asked this exact same thing when we had just taken the lead and we kicked the ball back to them rather than trying to run down the clock. I’m not a big rugby fan anyway, so also have no idea why they would have done this. 

14 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Not sure on the specific example as I didnt see the game last night, but it depends on the situation. England are an off-ball team, so their whole scheme is to kick the ball away and use their kick chase and defence to pressure the opposition into mistakes. Then you get territory or possession in a more advanced area of the field.

You can't put the ball up the jumper for four minutes, especially at the end of a game, when all your forwards are fooked and refs are looking for sealing off or other ruck infringements. You kick the ball (ideally into the stand to wind down the clock a bit) and you trust your defence when they're set and wait for an error.

• Like 1