IGNORED

Six nations

Kid in the Riot

The red card was ridiculous - should have been a yellow and 10 mins in the bin. Stewart couldn’t do anything else and turned his shoulder to protect himself. 

However Ireland are number one in the world, very well organised and powerful team.  England had a tough enough task with a full team but lose a player in such a shambolic fashion just ended any hope of an upset spoilt the game.

28 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Ireland remind me of England pre 2003.

Can you go on and win the world cup?

Who knows. We're on the harder side of the draw and have Scotland and SA in our group. Then we'd have to play NZ or France in the QF if we get out of the pool. This team definitely could do it, but I'd have France as favourites given that they're at home. They're also a brilliant team.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Who knows. We're on the harder side of the draw and have Scotland and SA in our group. Then we'd have to play NZ or France in the QF if we get out of the pool. This team definitely could do it, but I'd have France as favourites given that they're at home. They're also a brilliant team.

If the draw was favourable to Ireland they would have a great chance. As you say their route to a final is very difficult and I can’t see them doing it. France for me

36 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

If the draw was favourable to Ireland they would have a great chance. As you say their route to a final is very difficult and I can’t see them doing it. France for me

True Tone, but the weight of expectation has always weighed heavily on Frances head.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

If we do win it, we'll have done it the hard way.

Lots can go wrong for everyone between now and then as well. Injuries, loss of form, etc. 

I could see a team like Aussie doing well. They're on the nicer side of the draw and caused us a lot of problems in the autumn.

The groups being the way they are says to me that the draw should be done much closer to the tournament than it is. At least one, probably more, of England, Wales and Australia are making the semi final and you wouldn't have any of them anywhere near the best 4 teams in the world on current form.

Be a nice change for Ireland to go into a tournament at their peak, rather than in between them as they have for the last few.

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

The red card was ridiculous - should have been a yellow and 10 mins in the bin. Stewart couldn’t do anything else and turned his shoulder to protect himself. 

However Ireland are number one in the world, very well organised and powerful team.  England had a tough enough task with a full team but lose a player in such a shambolic fashion just ended any hope of an upset spoilt the game.

It was a harsh call.I honestly think Ireland would have probably still won a 15 vs 15 game,but I thought England were causing them problems and  the supporters of both sides were robbed of what could have been a very good,competitive game of rugby. Yellow card towards the end of the game was a little bit questionable too.Fair play to Ireland but I think the deck was stacked a bit against England. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Slacker said:

It was a harsh call.I honestly think Ireland would have probably still won a 15 vs 15 game,but I thought England were causing them problems and  the supporters of both sides were robbed of what could have been a very good,competitive game of rugby. Yellow card towards the end of the game was a little bit questionable too.Fair play to Ireland but I think the deck was stacked a bit against England. 

I don't think England can complain about the yellow to be honest. Fickou was a bit lucky to avoid one earlier in the day but it was a sin bin for me.

8 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I don't think England can complain about the yellow to be honest. Fickou was a bit lucky to avoid one earlier in the day but it was a sin bin for me.

To be fair you do see them given.Enjoy your victory mate.I would rather Ireland won it if England didn't.I am trying to take a bit of comfort from that!

• Like 1

Rugby union is doing its upmost to ruin the game - so many yellows and red cards now. It’s a hard physical sport, if your getting a red card for that then the games done.  i know it’s been rescinded but let’s not forget 3 or 4 people agreed on the day that the player should have been sent off. 

44 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Rugby union is doing its upmost to ruin the game - so many yellows and red cards now. It’s a hard physical sport, if your getting a red card for that then the games done.  i know it’s been rescinded but let’s not forget 3 or 4 people agreed on the day that the player should have been sent off. 

It's a bit of a difficult one. You can understand the governing bodies attempting to make the sport safer,but at the end of the day rugby is a high contact sport.No one wants to see players get hurt, but they are very aware of the risks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

I don't agree. I think that what they're doing to lower the tackle height is absolutely essential to the survival of the game. That doesn't mean that I agree with every decision (I certainly didn't agree with this one) but you can't have it both ways. Referees and TMOs make mistakes. That's sport. 

11 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I don't agree. I think that what they're doing to lower the tackle height is absolutely essential to the survival of the game. That doesn't mean that I agree with every decision (I certainly didn't agree with this one) but you can't have it both ways. Referees and TMOs make mistakes. That's sport. 

But it’s getting more and more boring - how many games are Completed 15 v 15 for the whole game. Too many yellows and reds, too many substitutions, i hardly watch these days compared to 5-10 years ago. 

17 minutes ago, Rob k said:

But it’s getting more and more boring - how many games are Completed 15 v 15 for the whole game. Too many yellows and reds, too many substitutions, i hardly watch these days compared to 5-10 years ago. 

You're entitled to your opinion. I don't think the game has been this exciting or dynamic since professionalism. The days of endless kick tennis and scrum resets seem a long time ago when you watch the top club or national sides these days.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Rob k said:

You should have seen Bears last two performances!!

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 1

Just now, Northern Red said:

France will play their home games in next season's competition away from Paris, as the Stade de France is being prepared to host the Olympics. They host Ireland in Marseille, Italy in Lille and England in Lyon.

England in Lyon. Yes please

• Like 1