IGNORED

Six nations

Kid in the Riot

Here we go again...

Early train over to Cardiff on Saturday for Wales v Ireland. A contender for one of the biggest piss ups in world sport. Lots of Irish I know heading over from Knowle and Bris. Gonna be epic. 

Expectations for Cymru are low. Will take any result this year. Gatland has very much gone with experience so we'll see how that works out. Ken is a popular captain. 

Sensing Delilah is gonna get sang!! 

@MichaelRobartes win for you boys by 7 incoming? Agreed?

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Here we go again...

Early train over to Cardiff on Saturday for Wales v Ireland. A contender for one of the biggest piss ups in world sport. Lots of Irish I know heading over from Knowle and Bris. Gonna be epic. 

Expectations for Cymru are low. Will take any result this year. Gatland has very much gone with experience so we'll see how that works out. Ken is a popular captain. 

Sensing Delilah is gonna get sang!! 

@MichaelRobartes win for you boys by 7 incoming? Agreed?

Have a great day mate. Jealous!

I'm really not sure. It feels like Gatland coming back has thrown everything up in the air a bit. On paper we should win, but Wales were never as bad as people said and are always dangerous at home. Leinster have had some problems in the scrum on the loosehead side. Porter has been getting on the wrong side of refs and James Ryan isn't a tighthead lock. Kelleher and Furlong missing may not help either. The scrum isn't necessarily that important but we'll see. I'll say we'll win by 10 but I wouldn't be completely surprised to get turned over by the same margin.

@Welcome To The Jungle I fancy France to win as well. It's set up for Ireland with France and England at home but I don't trust us in a World Cup year. I have no idea what to expect from England. I can't see Scotland finishing above Ireland. Italy are on a high from beating Wales, Aussie and Samoa last year (although they also lost to Georgia) and Benetton are playing brilliantly in the URC but the fixtures aren't kind to them this year.

We look good but haven't had to do much. Win collisions and you'll do alright. 

That said, terrible decision making from Wales in our 22. Biggar throwing an intercept, then not throwing a pass with an overlap and getting turned over. Morgan held up over the line. Could have easily scored 3 tries. Wales beeb unlucky with a couple of pens but brutal discipline giving us access to their 22. Pretty brainless from an experienced side.

16 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Cheap shot. Pathetic really. 

Ah come on now.

England could easily have won that game but for some individual brilliance and a few missed tackles. They've a good coach and I think they'll be much better by the end of the tournament. I think they're potentially a really bad match up for us. Then again I thought today would be close so what do I know...

Admit to not having any tactical rugby knowledge but kicking to the opposition in the last few minutes when you’re only a few points up seems ridiculous. Why give the opposition the initiative? Just keep the ball. Seems just an act of desperation that you’ve run out of ideas, stamina and/or just fearful of making a mistake. 

Didn’t Bristol do the same thing against someone recently and lost the game. 

Any rugby experts here to enlighten me?

I can see why he's done it. I'm not sure Smith and Farrell work as a combination. The World Cup is soon and Farrell has won lots of games for England. Smith doesn't have the credit in the bank yet. If the World Cup was next year, I might struggle to see the case for benching Smith.

Again I didn't think they played that badly. They were poor defensively but they haven't had long with Sinfield. You'd expect that to improve. 

• Like 2