IGNORED

Alex Scott - Treasure his outstanding talent

Curr Avon

15 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Gerrard is a decent comparison, better than Grealish anyway.  Fair to say Scott is on everyone’s radar now. Apart from the city fan on here last week who said he ‘isn’t that good’!

It's not really. Gerrard was tough would crunch into tackles for one. Scott has different qualities. I think Grealish is a better one.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

It's not really. Gerrard was tough would crunch into tackles for one. Scott has different qualities. I think Grealish is a better one.

Gerrard also scored screamers from outside of the box which is the one big talent that Alex Scott just doesn't have (yet?)

How does Scott compare to Conor Gallagher, a regular CM at Chelsea? He also isn't a goalscorer like Gerrard or Lampard but has great feet and movement and similarly looked quality aged 19.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Gerrard also scored screamers from outside of the box which is the one big talent that Alex Scott just doesn't have (yet?)

How does Scott compare to Conor Gallagher, a regular CM at Chelsea? He also isn't a goalscorer like Gerrard or Lampard but has great feet and movement and similarly looked quality aged 19.

Miles better than Gallagher.  Gallagher is going to be a solid Premiership pro. Scott's ceiling is way higher

He's OK, but Alex Scott is not the most successful Guernsey footballer currently playing.   There's another who played boys football up to the age of 16, played in the Guernsey boys U-16s team, captained England under 17s, played for England under 19s and for the under 23s (at 19), who was last summer was bought from Brighton by Manchester United, scored 2 goals on debutwhile  playing as a central defender and was called by and played for England soon after. Her name is Maya Le Tissier, she's 20 and is no relation to Matt Le Tissier.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 2

11 minutes ago, wybmadwity said:

He's OK, but Alex Scott is not the most successful Guernsey footballer currently playing.   There's another who played boys football up to the age of 16, played in the Guernsey boys U-16s team, captained England under 17s, played for England under 19s and for the under 23s (at 19), who was last summer was bought from Brighton by Manchester United, scored 2 goals on debutwhile  playing as a central defender and was called by and played for England soon after. Her name is Maya Le Tissier, she's 20 and is no relation to Matt Le Tissier.

No relation? To be fair I’d probably say I were no relation either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Miles better than Gallagher.  Gallagher is going to be a solid Premiership pro. Scott's ceiling is way higher

In fairness CG had a great season in the PL at Palace last season. Scott is doing well at Championship level currently. You can't compare.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wybmadwity said:

Scott knows her well and talked in glowing terms about her in one of his interviews. He also talked up Ben Acey in the same interview I remember.

3 hours ago, wybmadwity said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

34 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Scott knows her well and talked in glowing terms about her in one of his interviews. He also talked up Ben Acey in the same interview I remember.

I believe Maya is Alex’s step-sister.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

This is the one straw I am clinging to that Alex may yet stay for one more season. Nigel seems to have instilled in Alex a "big brother" role for not only the Guernsey lads, but any Academy player moving up to first team training and it's a role he appears to take some pride in from watching some of the BCFC video content. Nigel has had a similar affect on Nahki and I wouldn't be surprised to see him take his coaching badges over his latest contract with us.

• Admin
30 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Featuring heavily in his Instagram post titled "beat year in my life" had me praying for similar. I just can't see it though. 

One things for certain, he's going to be insane on the winter update for FM.... ?

The other aspect is things like Naismith saying on that podcast about Scott going to a top 4 club. If Alex's people think the same and those clubs aren't ready to sign him yet this Summer, he might be prepared to wait another year to go directly to one rather than risk an extra stepping stone and a longer wait.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

The other aspect is things like Naismith saying on that podcast about Scott going to a top 4 club. If Alex's people think the same and those clubs aren't ready to sign him yet this Summer, he might be prepared to wait another year to go directly to one rather than risk an extra stepping stone and a longer wait.

It would seem strange to offer him a new contract currently if we intend to just let him go in the summer (at whatever price in the several millions).  What would be the point to get a pay rise for a few months?

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It would seem strange to offer him a new contract currently if we intend to just let him go in the summer (at whatever price in the several millions).  What would be the point to get a pay rise for a few months?

Theoretically it would be hard to reinvest the money from a Scott sale into the squad without an Ashtonesque spiralling of the wage bill. That or having to massively overpay for players just because other teams know we have the money (the old joke about Kevin Keegan being asked for £750k plus Robbie Elliott for a cod lot after he sold Andy Cole to Man U). Far better to keep him if he can be persuaded!

6 minutes ago, awbb said:

Theoretically it would be hard to reinvest the money from a Scott sale into the squad without an Ashtonesque spiralling of the wage bill. That or having to massively overpay for players just because other teams know we have the money (the old joke about Kevin Keegan being asked for £750k plus Robbie Elliott for a cod lot after he sold Andy Cole to Man U). Far better to keep him if he can be persuaded!

I think that depends on whether you sell one player and replace with fifteen!!!  I appreciate that it shouldn’t always be one in / one out, as sometimes you need to strengthen certain areas.  But one Webster sold on say £10k p.w. (total guess) and replaced with Kalas on £25k p.w. plus all the others is why it spiralled.

I’m quite intrigued how we’d go about replacing Scott.  Buying multiple players isn’t the answer, only one can play!  That was out failure last time.  I’m also keen to see how we make sure we don’t cut off the pathway too.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Interesting stat just came across. Alex has been fouled (as in given by the ref) 65 times so far this season. That is more than any other player in the Championship.

And at least half of them were real fouls! :fear:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Bit of the Grealish? I think it shows he is being targeted, and there are a fair few on him that get missed. Also our most booked player, so does get in the middle of it all.

Well he hasn't won us a penalty so he's not a proper diver, but like you say he ticks both boxes; he'll get stuck in, but also win loads of free kicks, usually when he wants to.

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Going to be honest, not sure if that is agreeing or disagreeing? I assume 100% is most?

Not sure equally how accurate they are, but got it from here…

https://twitter.com/NTT20Pod/status/1623622765776338949/photo/1

Yes, I’m agreeing…??????

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Agreed but has he signed it? 

No idea.  

• Like 1

On 08/02/2023 at 18:47, Davefevs said:

I think that depends on whether you sell one player and replace with fifteen!!!  I appreciate that it shouldn’t always be one in / one out, as sometimes you need to strengthen certain areas.  But one Webster sold on say £10k p.w. (total guess) and replaced with Kalas on £25k p.w. plus all the others is why it spiralled.

I’m quite intrigued how we’d go about replacing Scott.  Buying multiple players isn’t the answer, only one can play!  That was out failure last time.  I’m also keen to see how we make sure we don’t cut off the pathway too.  

The way I look at it, is that Scott is an amazing talent, but he's only as useful as the other players around him in the team and in our squad.

Right at this moment, we're 17th in the Championship, so there's 16 more teams above us without an Alex Scott in their sides. What they have though, is a collection of players that operate at a consistently higher standard than Bristol City, which has resulted in them getting higher up the table than us.

The key for me, is making sure that the day we lose Alex, we bring in players where we're lacking in other areas of the team. For instance, we may have 2 defenders and 3 midfields scoring an average of 6 out of 10 per match, however can we improve on those players to deliver a 7 or 8 out of 10 to make us collectively a much better side?

Of course, the best option would be to keep Alex Scott, and gradually bring up the standard of the rest of the team over time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beaverface said:

The way I look at it, is that Scott is an amazing talent, but he's only as useful as the other players around him in the team and in our squad.

Right at this moment, we're 17th in the Championship, so there's 16 more teams above us without an Alex Scott in their sides. What they have though, is a collection of players that operate at a consistently higher standard than Bristol City, which has resulted in them getting higher up the table than us.

The key for me, is making sure that the day we lose Alex, we bring in players where we're lacking in other areas of the team. For instance, we may have 2 defenders and 3 midfields scoring an average of 6 out of 10 per match, however can we improve on those players to deliver a 7 or 8 out of 10 to make us collectively a much better side?

Of course, the best option would be to keep Alex Scott, and gradually bring up the standard of the rest of the team over time.

Personally I think you can only really say that Burnley and Sheffield United are operating at a consistently higher standard than us.  There is no significant difference with the anyone else, based on points and results. The one defining thing about this division is the lack of consistency.  Win the next 2 games and we are in the play off picture. Lose them and we're in a relegation battle.

On 08/02/2023 at 11:14, The Bard said:

Cant see how anyone can say he is miles better than Gallagher who banged in a load of goals for Palace in the prem last season.

Scott has a long way to go but he does have time on his side. 

You are of course entitled to your opinion.