IGNORED

Alex Scott - Treasure his outstanding talent

Curr Avon

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

OK, but who is the last young player to go from the Championship to one of those top teams and make it stick? I struggle to think of any if I am honest.

Name the last player under the age of 21 that Liverpool signed from the Championship who got more than 1,000 minutes in the league in his first season.

I f Scott is as talented as you presume then even if he goes to Brentford, Brighton or Leicester he will stand out and, as Webster was with us, will be flipped on for £70m the following summer. If he's actually not as good as you say and you are wearing a very big pair of Mr. & Mrs. Biased's special biased glasses for the biased, then he will not, as he will have found his level. Equally, if he goes to Liverpool and is in fact not as good as we think, then again he will not get minutes and will be loaned out to Rennes to join Djed Spence.

Ultimately what I am saying is that if he really does want to play 40 games every season, then he should take that stepping stone club and break himself into the division above us at a more understanding and generous club.

Alternatively you and I could twist this argument to a point where it proves beyond doubt that he may as well just play for us forever because he's so good that he will naturally drag our club with him until we both find our level. I'd prefer that we do that and I am sure that Mr. Alexander will understand.

Just up front - I don’t think there’s any twisting of argument needed. I think we both agree AS is very good and has potential to play at top level, and I also think we both agree that we’d rather he took us with him.

My point is I don’t necessarily think playing 40 games for (say) Villa then will lead to a big move - irrespective of whether he plays well. Zaha has been at Palace for years, Ward-Prowse at Southampton, both playing at very high levels. They haven’t got the big move (acknowledge WZ went to Man U before ready). There isn’t a golden route here - my feeling is though that AS could play top six and there may be a move for him where he hits first team with a big club quickly. My gut, as I said, is Liverpool.

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If Scott goes for, say £25m in the summer, how much of that do you think we might see reinvested in the team - and how would Pearson spend it do you think?

As sad as it would be to see Scott go, a substantial summer “war chest” could also be fun…

We have to manage FFP. Maybe we invest half including wage spend over a contact? We want to be making sure the academy continues to deliver quality (and I think spend there is exempt from FPP) so I'd be hoping for some investment there,

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just up front - I don’t think there’s any twisting of argument needed. I think we both agree AS is very good and has potential to play at top level, and I also think we both agree that we’d rather he took us with him.

My point is I don’t necessarily think playing 40 games for (say) Villa then will lead to a big move - irrespective of whether he plays well. Zaha has been at Palace for years, Ward-Prowse at Southampton, both playing at very high levels. They haven’t got the big move (acknowledge WZ went to Man U before ready). There isn’t a golden route here - my feeling is though that AS could play top six and there may be a move for him where he hits first team with a big club quickly. My gut, as I said, is Liverpool.

But you said he wants to play games. I don't think he would currently get games at a top 6 club. Carvalho and Spence tore this division a new one last season, got their Big Six moves, and aren't in those teams.

Is Scott better than those two? Really? Honestly? Objectively and before the WBA cup game? Without your City biased goggles on? When I take mine off...I'm not sure.

I think if he wants both the Premier League and minutes then he will go to Brighton, Villa, Brentford or the like.

19 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I don’t think that’s true…….

At the end of the day, I think we will find thay Scott will turn out to be a much more successful footballer than Elliott

It is very true. He was carrying a Blackburn side when he was 17. One is currently playing regularly for Bristol city the other for Liverpool. Huge difference.

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I love how Alex Scott is being compared to players that he is nothing like,, Dele Alli, Harvey Elliott....

Scott plays much deeper than both

Alex Scott isn’t that different to a 19 year old Dele to be fair, if anything Dele played deeper.

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

Who should he be compared to?

He seems pretty unique to me especially in the English game but if you're asking I would compare his style to Barce midfielders of the 00's and 10's

Iniesta

Xavi

Busquets

Not to say he is that level but I think he should move abroad anyway

26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yes,, it's the extra 'something' & it's extremely unlikely he takes us with him..pity!!

Star quality, whatever you want to call it - Alex has it.

Liverpool could absolutely be a great fit.