IGNORED

European Super League

Barrs Court Red

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Why would it mean that? 

Do they field their reserve sides in the premier league currently in favour of CL games? No. 

Is the CL the death of English football? 

This is just an alternative competition to the CL. 

The Premier League is a very wealthy and prestigious league. 

The only thing clubs want to leave iz Uefa competitions. 

Is this sort of hysteria that makes me giggle. 

Giggle away because I'm not sure you are really understanding what is being proposed.

Edited by BigTone

Not that I follow the NFL or any American sports but the format of the champions league from next season reminds me very much of that with a regular season where teams play a random combination of teams then have a play offs at the end. It looks awful to me but now that the big clubs have that the next progression is to prevent relegation from european competition for themselves, and I am sure when that is achieved they will be back 5 years later to move their big ESL games to weekends rather than midweek games, and after that to move venues for some games to different countries around the world etc. For me these are all poor developments but money talks in these situations, and with thanks to a powerful media the next generation of fans plus foreign supporters will get on board to the new ways just fine.

I don't think it is the end of football though, teams are still passionately supported where the quality of football is low and I think the lower levels English football would adapt if it came to that here too. 

Edited by Baba Yaga

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've always understood whats being proposed. 

Its others that don't. 

It's a rival competition to the CL that is not run by Uefa. Simple as that really Tone. 

Not what I'm reading though but hey ho no doubt it will be clarified soon enough. Maybe I am misunderstanding it.

Edited by BigTone