IGNORED

Ian Gay knows sod all about football part 7,432

Silvio Dante

Is Piers Morgan the phone hacker, who was shown to have put faked photos on the front of a national newspaper?

I don’t rate Ian Gay’s opinions at all & pretty clear him & Jon Dolman don’t like mine, either, they have both blocked me on Twitter..

But still a bit harsh comparing him to that ****.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

He's often at Senior Reds, sharing his pearls of wisdom when questioning the guest speaker, whoever that might be, about City related matters.

He will probably be at next Thursday's luncheon as Steve and Maggie Lansdown are the guests.

Yes, he thinks he's being hard with his questioning but actually most think it's embarrassing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I'm starting to feel for Ian when piers Morgan is used as a analogy, one thing is clear Ian is putting bums on seats when it comes to podcasts, i enjoyed Roger Malone and he never spoke any sense and was incapable of getting facts right, but he was a good listen 

Sorry but Malone was a sad cartoon of a man, who made Alan Partridge look like an intellectual....Ah Ha!!

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I think in his defence, he does like a debate but doesn’t necessarily have the time to debate as long as you do.  He would say it’s sometimes best to just agree to disagree after a bit of back and forth than have long drawn out debates 

The problem is he doesn’t want to “agree to disagree”, he only wants his view to be agreed on.  He was the same on here, very rigid in his thinking.  Using an example of a player doing something once 20 games ago to justify he’s right.  Same with Ian, sometimes all you want is them to recognise there is another viewpoint.

We all see different things in a match, I can appreciate why someone can reach their viewpoint, a different one to mine, but with Jon he couldn’t see why anyone could think differently to him.  Sometimes just sitting in a different part of the ground gives that different viewpoint.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Countryfile said:

I listened to the podcast live for the first time today.

He was far more realistic than he is on RB or other forums.

No doubt the publicity hasn’t gone to his head.

Did he mention wanting Pearson sacked in December?

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness to Ian (did I just say that?) you need someone like him on the podcast, because his comments spark debate.

True - it would just be great if said counterpoint/debate was within the pod itself and discussed, not unquestionable 'fact'. Sometimes, something akin to "Do you have a source?" for some of his supposed figures would be interesting.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fuber said:

True - it would just be great if said counterpoint/debate was within the pod itself and discussed, not unquestionable 'fact'. Sometimes, something akin to "Do you have a source?" for some of his supposed figures would be interesting.

Think that happens if you just get Ian, Dave, plus one, e.g. @NcnsBcfc, because you then get a bit of back and forth…and that allows challenge / discussion.  But if there’s an extra person on, it tends to be “everyone gets their turn” and you kinda lose the opportunity for that debate.

52 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Yes, he thinks he's being hard with his questioning but actually most think it's embarrassing.

Agreed, it’s very much a social occasion for life long fans.

It’s the wrong stage to ask any serious questions of SL.

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Did he mention wanting Pearson sacked in December?

Not so far as I am aware, however in a previous discussion on line he did write that he believed something Mark Ashton had told him, make of that what you will.

Listening to the podcast now. I think the problem with Ian is he’s just rude. He shouts over people if they happen to make any sound while he’s talking. He says he predicted teams ahead of Pearson’s  choice. The classic being “yesterdays team is the one I picked when they knew Naismith was out”. Well it didn’t take much Williams for Naismith.  

listening to Ian it does make you wonder why the board didn’t approach him before offering the job of manager to anyone else, cos he apparently has all the answers and has apparently predicted everything good that’s happened. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I think in his defence, he does like a debate but doesn’t necessarily have the time to debate as long as you do.  He would say it’s sometimes best to just agree to disagree after a bit of back and forth than have long drawn out debates 

Not sure he does like a debate. He has his opinion he’s not really interested in anyone else’s. Very arrogant. 
He often states the obvious and makes it sound clever e.g. he said they need to get together on Monday and work out how they’re going to beat Wigan. Wow better let Pearson know quickly in case he’s not thought of that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

30 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Agreed, it’s very much a social occasion for life long fans.

It’s the wrong stage to ask any serious questions of SL.

Serious questions are fine, opiniated, negative and disrespectful questions are not and in the past when he asks one like that many there either laugh nervously, look away or look down and shake their heads.

He probably thinks he looks great but infact he looks a ****.

I really hope he's not there.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Not sure he does like a debate. He has his opinion he’s not really interested in anyone else’s. Very arrogant. 
He often states the obvious and makes it sound clever e.g. he said they need to get together on Monday and work out how they’re going to beat Wigan. Wow better let Pearson know quickly in case he’s not thought of that. 

Can’t see that on twitter.  

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments on the FBC podcast. I've got my 17 year old son "Tom" on their now for a bit of added perspective. I think between the pair of us, we're able to trim Ian' wings a bit at times.

I've started to pop round to @headhunters office in Clevedon when i can do the pod, as it's more fun to be in the same room; and laugh at Ian's answers at times.

Some of the ones from today that made both of us laugh include:-

"If you would let me speak, you're always speaking over me"

"Nobody was more than 6/10 for me yesterday". God knows what the back 4 have to do.

"When i meet Steve Lansdown next week". Fails to mention that it's a senior reds event, with everyone meeting SL.

To be fair i met him in person during the tour of the HPC ( many thanks to Neil Palmer there), and he was a jovial chap.

@Davefevs i love doing the pods when work/life allows. But i never quite feel the need to go on Twentyman beforehand, and give out opinions knowing that i'll be on the podcast the next day.

Hopefully between Me and Tom we are able to give the pod a bit more balance.

• Like 7
  • Robin 2

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

On the podcast today Mark mentioned you on terms of confirming that any ban for Scott (10 yellow cards) wouldn't rule him out him out of the Man City game, is that right?

I always thought the 2 match ban would encompass cup games, and that was potentially why he was a little subdued yesterday. Weary of getting that ban perhaps?

8 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

On the podcast today Mark mentioned you on terms of confirming that any ban for Scott (10 yellow cards) wouldn't rule him out him out of the Man City game, is that right?

I always thought the 2 match ban would encompass cup games, and that was potentially why he was a little subdued yesterday. Weary of getting that ban perhaps?

@Curr AvonYou need to be careful quoting me ???.  He cannot miss the Man City game for totting up yellow cards.

He could miss the Man City game should he get a red card though and the suspension of however many games cover the Man City game.

image.thumb.png.3ad93c6835bd18122f08f3afdb2f93f1.png

So, should he get a a red card on Wednesday that carries a 3 game ban, he’d miss the Man City game.

If he got a yellow card against Sunderland he would miss the Hull game, be available for Man City, then miss the next league game.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Cam Pring was banned for West Brom due to 2 yellows vs Swansea in the cup 

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s really interesting the bit about possession, because he harps on about it so much.  He once said (paraphrased) - “we never seem to win with 52%+ possession, yet we win with 35-45%”.  There was no further “analysis”.  That to me confirms he doesn’t understand how we play / opponents play, or how the state of the game influences possession.  He often says “I’ve done the analysis”, when what he really means is “I’ve plucked some numbers off of a website”…there is no actual analysis.

Thanks, I actually slapped my palm into my head reading that ? 

Who could possibly think that a team who are winning for 80+ minutes of the match might just have less possession of the ball, jesus wept ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Curr AvonYou need to be careful quoting me ???.  He cannot miss the Man City game for totting up yellow cards.

He could miss the Man City game should he get a red card though and the suspension of however many games cover the Man City game.

So, should he get a a red card on Wednesday that carries a 3 game ban, he’d miss the Man City game.

If he got a yellow card against Sunderland he would miss the Hull game, be available for Man City, then miss the next league game.

Fair point Dave. That's what I meant to say. But then again, some of my points are like Eric Morecambe's rendition of Grieg's Piano Concerto, I play all of the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So, if he got a red for two yellows how would that work? Presumably he`d get a one game ban but would he then be on ten yellows as well or stay on 9? Or  would he have11?

5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I like Ian (and @Curr Avon

Incidently

Not sure why anyone would block @Davefevs on any media, the bloke is a rockstar on here.  I just see him as a more measured and thoughtful version of Ian with a spreadsheet!

I think sir, you should become a politician as we could do with more attitudes like yours. It made me laugh and the statement was said with grace. Hopefully even Ian would laugh and take it as a compliment!

I enjoy listening to Ian. Sometimes I think he is watching a different game to the one I watched on the red button etc, but he is a fan and speaks most of the time with grace as well. I don't know who grace is but she's getting around!

As far as Dave is concerned with his spreadsheets, I want the A1 flip chart versions. If Fevs was a rock star, he'd be the bassist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, if he got a red for two yellows how would that work? Presumably he`d get a one game ban but would he then be on ten yellows as well or stay on 9? Or  would he have11?

I believe he would stay on 9 yellows, and serve a one match ban in the next game for the red card (two yellows).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1