IGNORED

Ian Gay knows sod all about football part 7,432

Silvio Dante

16 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Blimey four pages on a bloke and City fan most of you don’t like and somehow he’s meant to be the saddo. 

All a bit odd isn't it?

A fixation with one fan and a thread to lay into him.

I listen to the pod and afaic he's opinionated, knowledgeable and can talk City all day - so all the basic ingredients to be on a City podcast.

Whether I agree with him or not (I don't on many things, especially his repeated calls for NP to go) isn't that important. I don't expect, or want to agree with everything the panel say.

Headhunter has previously invited critics of himself and Ian Gay to appear on the pod to challenge them and their views directly.

You can't get fairer than that, but which of those who (mostly) anonymously snipe on here is going to actually put yourselves forward to do it, and put themselves up for similar criticism?

When he's taken the chair in headhunter's occasional absence he does the job very well imo.

The podcast imo has good mix of contributors and opinions and is always worth a listen.

Keep up the good work @headhunter.

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

All a bit odd isn't it?

I listen to the pod and afaic he's opinionated, knowledgeable and can talk City all day - so all the basic ingredients to be on a City podcast.

Whether I agree with him or not (I don't on many things, especially his repeated calls for NP to go) isn't that important. I don't expect, or want to agree with everything the panel say.

Headhunter has previously invited critics of himself and Ian Gay to appear on the pod to challenge them and their views directly.

You can't get fairer than that, but which of those who (mostly) anonymously snipe on here is going to actually put yourselves forward to do it, and put themselves up for similar criticism?

When he's taken the chair in headhunter's occasional absence he does the job very well imo.

The podcast imo has good mix of contributors and opinions and is always worth a listen.

Agreed. I don't agree with many of Ian's opinions or the way they're delivered (whether on a podcast or twitter).. but it's interesting to have a bit of a pantomime villain.

If everyone was agreeable and on the same page, it likely wouldn't be very good listening.

My issue with this particular podcast is the productions value. I appreciate it's just a few City fans talking about the team and sharing their passion, but I do find it quite a hard listen due to the low production values. 

I would probably find this podcast a bit more interesting than OSIB or the Peas in a Podcast one (personal preference no slight on either) but I can't bring myself to listen when it's people talking over eachother on Skype or whatever it is. 

That said, I appreciate it's just people giving up their time to talk about the club - so unless people commit to spending on a more professional setup, it's always going to be a bit like this. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

but I can't bring myself to listen when it's people talking over eachother on Skype or whatever it is. 

That’s the joy of live production!!!

FBC goes out live, and you don’t get to see your fellow “fandits” to be able to put your hand up.

OSIB and 3PIAP are recorded and done over a video link, so you can see each other.

42 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

All a bit odd isn't it?

Very well said mate. 

• Like 1

Was watching the WIgan preview yesterday

At about 7:00mins someone asks how good was Matty James, as perhaps he is not seen as very eye catching.

NP says :

He is eye catching to him and the squad.

His team mates recognise his contribution (There is no bigger compliment than that!)

He is a good technician ... has the abilitity to influence games

He is a very accomplished performer

He's got a Premier League medal

I was watching it ... fingers crossed that NP was going to finish with ... "6 out of 10"

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 12/02/2023 at 11:51, Davefevs said:

Haha, I wouldn’t have seen that tweet on twitter…both of them blocked me!!!  BCFCAnalysis is JonDolman.  Neither like having a debate / discussion.  That’ll be a good thread to follow!! 

That account needs to be renamed BCFCOpinion because there is absolutely no analysis going on there!

Edited by marcofisher
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Think this topic is a bit harsh. Surely the whole point of discussion forums & podcasts is to express opinions which is what Ian does. You may not agree with him but there's always the option to not read his posts or not listen to his podcast. You can't question his love of the club & at the end of the day that's something we can all agree with. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, soultrader said:

Was watching the WIgan preview yesterday

At about 7:00mins someone asks how good was Matty James, as perhaps he is not seen as very eye catching.

NP says :

He is eye catching to him and the squad.

His team mates recognise his contribution (There is no bigger compliment than that!)

He is a good technician ... has the abilitity to influence games

He is a very accomplished performer

He's got a Premier League medal

I was watching it ... fingers crossed that NP was going to finish with ... "6 out of 10"

Nah he can't be any good because Ian Gay doesn't rate him. And what Ian says is factual. 

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

Think this topic is a bit harsh. Surely the whole point of discussion forums & podcasts is to express opinions which is what Ian does. You may not agree with him but there's always the option to not read his posts or not listen to his podcast. You can't question his love of the club & at the end of the day that's something we can all agree with. 

Was kind of my thoughts - hence why I shared a link to where people in this thread had an opportunity to discuss with him rather than about him

As the thread author, just a quick clarification. Ian’s post came up on my Twitter feed as a “Bristol City” post. I don’t follow him and have no desire to do so, because everything I’ve seen when he does come up on Twitter or when he phones into RB is absolute nonsense (IMO). It’s the reason I’ve avoided the podcast, as several others have per this post. That’s kind of the opposite of Rent Free, if you’re listening…

I posted it because it’s kind of the same level as Roy DeAlien on Twitter (who also sometimes comes up in my feed - cheers Elon). And when someone like Roy or Ian “puts themselves out there” as a good source/poster then I think it’s fair to say when they’re talking nonsense.

Phants - all due respect, in my understanding Ian flounced off from here. Why would anyone want to follow Roy DeAlien to Roy’s forum?

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

Agreed.

Come on everyone, let's all have a go at @Chrizzler

:boxing:

(Joke!!!!!)

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

As the thread author, just a quick clarification. Ian’s post came up on my Twitter feed as a “Bristol City” post. I don’t follow him and have no desire to do so, because everything I’ve seen when he does come up on Twitter or when he phones into RB is absolute nonsense (IMO). It’s the reason I’ve avoided the podcast, as several others have per this post. That’s kind of the opposite of Rent Free, if you’re listening…

I posted it because it’s kind of the same level as Roy DeAlien on Twitter (who also sometimes comes up in my feed - cheers Elon). And when someone like Roy or Ian “puts themselves out there” as a good source/poster then I think it’s fair to say when they’re talking nonsense.

Phants - all due respect, in my understanding Ian flounced off from here. Why would anyone want to follow Roy DeAlien to Roy’s forum?

I asked Ian ages ago why he quit otib and he said (para phrase) “they’re a bunch of idiots on there”……..I know that he had a major dispute with another poster who has also quit otib a while back and in my opinion that’s one reason he quit, plus if he posted the same pessimistic stuff on here he’d definitely be challenged and called out.

He now posts on Ziderheads with very  low numbers compared to otib and no other posters over there ever challenges him except me and now he’s blocked me…………..…He named himself TTO, the trusted one……………:rofl2br:

He’s exceptionally negative in his posts which he calls ‘facts’ which they are but without any context whatsoever and that negativity spreads out into his RB comments, so much so that the guys I car share with turn off RB if he ever comes on.

It’s a pity because he can make some decent points but it’s difficult to see/hear them when he’s being so downbeat about everything City related.

I refuse to listen to any podcasts that he’s involved it - I really don’t enjoy feeling that I’m being lectured.

Edited by Robbored

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I asked Ian ages ago why he quit otib and he said (para phrase) “they’re a bunch of idiots on there”……..I know that he had a major dispute with another poster who has also quit otib a while back and in my opinion that’s one reason he quit, plus if he posted the same pessimistic stuff on here he’d definitely be challenged and called out.

He now posts on Ziderheads with very  low numbers compared to otib and no other posters over there ever challenges him except me and now he’s blocked me…………..….:rofl2br:

He’s exceptionally negative in his posts which he calls ‘facts’ which they are but without any context whatsoever and that negativity spreads out into his RB comments, so much so that the guys I car share with turn off RB if he ever comes on.

It’s a pity because he can make some decent points but it’s difficult to see/hear them when he’s being so downbeat about everything City related.

I refuse to listen to any podcasts that he’s involved it - I really don’t enjoy feeling that I’m being lectured.

You know that feeling when a football match is on TV and you are watching it hoping both teams lose............

• Haha 4
  • Hmmm 1

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I asked Ian ages ago why he quit otib and he said (para phrase) “they’re a bunch of idiots on there”……

He’s been similarly derogatory about OTIB on twitter as well.  That was prior to him blocking both of my accounts on twitter, one of which he seems to have recently unblocked.

He reaps what he sows in my opinion.  If you want to give it “I know best” or “I’m ITK” on social media or BBCRB then you open yourselves up to challenge.  I’m sure that if you do it in a less arrogant / rude way, you probably get cut more slack by people.

As I said earlier, you sometimes need a character like him on a podcast, it’s about having balance in the panel.  Dave P usually has that balance on FBC.

• Like 2

Kinnel... 5 pages on a bloke who gives an opinion...wtf.??

I haven't got a clue on who he is...don't listen to podcasts or follow him on twitter...but he must be creaming himself on the attention he's getting, in the same way Piers Morgan gets so much negative attention.

This thread is embarrassing. It's playground stuff. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

He now posts on Ziderheads with very  low numbers compared to otib and no other posters over there ever challenges him except me and now he’s blocked me…………..…He named himself TTO, the trusted one……………:rofl2br:

I remember when you used to have a very different opinion on him and you used to regularly defend him.

It was the same with Mark Ashton and the little pet name you gave him.

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Kinnel... 5 pages on a bloke who gives an opinion...wtf.??

I haven't got a clue on who he is...don't listen to podcasts or follow him on twitter...but he must be creaming himself on the attention he's getting, in the same way Piers Morgan gets so much negative attention.

This thread is embarrassing. It's playground stuff. 

If you knew him either on RB or a podcast you’d soon realise why he creates so many diverse opinions.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t remember ever defending Ian Gay but if I have can you find a link? I love to see it.

You seem to ‘forget’ quite a bit. I’m not going to go back through years on your posts but you know what I would find.

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Mr Ch arisma ? !

Embarrassing wasn't it  !! 

Cringeworthy. Hence why there is an auto replace for his pet name!

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If you knew him either on RB or a podcast you’d soon realise why he creates so many diverse opinions.

Everyone has opinions RR. Some more diverse than others. We don't all agree.

I just don't get the pile on attitude towards a bloke who isn't on here, and in the big picture of things means nothing. 

I don't think the OP intended it to end up like this.

It just looks naff...' he said this, he said that...narrr narrr narrr...my dad's bigger than your dad'...just looks playground imo. Pack mentality.

Just find it all a bit weird from grown men. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Everyone has opinions RR. Some more diverse than others. We don't all agree.

I just don't get the pile on attitude towards a bloke who isn't on here, and in the big picture of things means nothing. 

I don't think the OP intended it to end up like this.

It just looks naff...' he said this, he said that...narrr narrr narrr...my dad's bigger than your dad'...just looks playground imo. Pack mentality.

If you met him within 10mins you’d feel as if you’d been swept away by a tsunami. 

I’ve had my issues in the past with Ian. He once threatened to beat me up!

I generally listen to the podcast most weeks now the sound issues have been resolved. I find the host awful at times, doesn’t do his research and makes lists of errors. 

I don’t always agree with what Ian (or the others) say but I don’t just want to listen to views that I agree with. 

Where the likes of Fevs wants to debate the life out of things and beat you you stats and spreadsheets. I quite like Ian’s approach of saying his piece and not giving a shit if people like it.

I would like to go on the podcast. Just to leave my mic on and create an echo. Ian copes really well with that…

• Like 1