IGNORED

Wigan Athletic at home match thread

6 minutes ago, trickytimes said:

I think he scored 1 goal in a win at Oldham (live on TV)  but was left out of the next game for the slow Sean McCarthy. Was miffed and went off to play for Grenada. Given his career after that not a great decision by John Ward.

Played 3 matches for City according to this below

image.png.745e4440247963bf8ea58b9a4cc25c73.png

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-victory-sends-bristol-city-a-point-clear-1153803.html

image.thumb.png.ca1b671bf8d4d7257ab55f6d67b4c2c9.png

Edited by BCFC101
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, trickytimes said:

I think he scored 1 goal in a win at Oldham (live on TV)  but was left out of the next game for the slow Sean McCarthy. Was miffed and went off to play for Grenada. Given his career after that not a great decision by John Ward.

Yes it was definitely on tv as I remember he and another city player, can’t remember who, were interviewed after the game. The interviewer handed the man of the match trophy to Jason who thanked him and started to walk off before being called back and asked to present it to the other player. Jason thought he was taking the mickey.

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I appreciate they don't create a programme from scratch every game and instead change the main details within a template, but if you are going to 'file' and 'save as' the last programme and then change the details, surely get somebody to check it!  I'm an Internal Auditor so I do this stuff as a job but it's not rocket science surely

Everything is half arsed, hidden away behind a shiny veneer. 

4 hours ago, Bcfcshags said:

Mehmeti & Cornick starting tonight. 

3 hours ago, Super said:

From Bristol Post

Bristol City (4-3-3, probable): Max O’Leary; George Tanner, Zak Vyner, Rob Atkinson, Cam Pring; Joe Williams, Matty James, Andi Weimann; Mark Sykes, Harry Cornick, Anis Mehmeti

So, the source is the BEP who are guessing. I’m going to stick my neck out and say that’s wrong. I fully expect Anis to start tonight in place of Sam Bell, who looked a little lost in patches on Saturday. Asking him to come in and be the fulcrum instead of Alex Scott on his full debut is a little much I think (the BEP have Weimann in the midfield three but he’d be in the front three as you need a “passer” in the Scott role how we play at the moment).

Changing three of the front four when you’re on a winning run is madness and shows no respect to the opposition. That’s not Niges style. 

One change from Saturday I’d imagine - Mehmeti for Bell.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

Cornick is a lovely looking lad, don't get me wrong, but I always think he looks a bit like he's been taken hostage and is asking for someone to pay his ransom. Anyone else? No? Yeah, me neither

He looks to me like someone that has recently run over his neighbour's cat, and said neighbour has just knocked on the door to ask if he's seen Tiddles...

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, the source is the BEP who are guessing. I’m going to stick my neck out and say that’s wrong. I fully expect Anis to start tonight in place of Sam Bell, who looked a little lost in patches on Saturday. Asking him to come in and be the fulcrum instead of Alex Scott on his full debut is a little much I think (the BEP have Weimann in the midfield three but he’d be in the front three as you need a “passer” in the Scott role how we play at the moment).

Changing three of the front four when you’re on a winning run is madness and shows no respect to the opposition. That’s not Niges style. 

One change from Saturday I’d imagine - Mehmeti for Bell.

Yeah think you will be correct. Need a Mehmeti type tonight to unlock their defence. The maverick type that NP was alluding to wanting to bring to the club.

39 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I appreciate they don't create a programme from scratch every game and instead change the main details within a template, but if you are going to 'file' and 'save as' the last programme and then change the details, surely get somebody to check it!  I'm an Internal Auditor so I do this stuff as a job but it's not rocket science surely

Yup not hard eh!

CTRL-F then find and replace "Norwich" with "Wigan"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

Re Alex Scott and yellow cards am I right in thinking he'll be OK if he survives tonight and on Saturday (ie our 32nd game)? If so then there will be a temptation to rest him tonight or at least only use him for part of the game?

Got a feeling it's the 37th game where the limit increases to 15 yellow cards.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Re Alex Scott and yellow cards am I right in thinking he'll be OK if he survives tonight and on Saturday (ie our 32nd game)? If so then there will be a temptation to rest him tonight or at least only use him for part of the game?

Nope, that’s the prem - see below for the relevant sheet from FA players handbook:

9164360F-3546-4BEB-83F7-D58795BE71C1.jpeg

7 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Alex Scott is currently on 9 yellow cards if he gets booked tonight a two match suspension. So expect him to play as he would then Miss Sunderland &Hull returning for Manchester City. If not booked tonight he is walking a tight rope 

8 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

I had a very vivid dream last night - honestly - in which Fammy (odd it was him) was hacked down just inside the penalty area and we were awarded a penalty which we scored from and the match scoreboard showed us leading 2-0.

It is sign I tell you ?

More chance of Fammy scoring for us tonight than getting a penner.

• Haha 2