IGNORED

Sunderland away match thread

12 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

My fire stick was buffering like a good un and missed the pen!!!
Well done city.A great point.A happy household here in Briz tonight.Me and the boys were doing the tango/Charleston at full time.

enjoy tonight fellow reds

10 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Mine buffered the entire second half.

Mine didn't buffer, but jumped back about 30 seconds every now and again. Had to go to a different station and back in again. 

Just surmising , if rob is out for a while kalas is the obvious replacement , if we lose another there are other options without panicking to much , Tanner could possible drop into the middle 2 you then have Wilson and jay to cover the full back positions , pring could possibly drop into the middle 2 , so there are other options not quite the bare bones yet , even Naismith ( when fit not sure how far away he is ) 

50 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

It's a shame, NP on RB just now said it looks serious and he will be having a scan!

He did travel back with the team though, his knee was in a brace thing and as I said he wasn't moving well and didn't look comfortable. But, that said my positive is that at least he was going back with them and not taken to hospital. 

Fingers crossed for him

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, RedM said:

This was the first time I've seen this, apart from obviously being there. The one the Ref turned down so blatantly seems much more a cert than this. In fairness I can see why Sunderland would be gutted.

PS I'm on a metro packed with them at the moment ?

I'd like to see the Sykes one again, wasn't convinced at the time but TV wasn't clear.
The one we got is a Pen IMO, more like a Rugby Tap tackle. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, redkev said:

Just surmising , if rob is out for a while kalas is the obvious replacement , if we lose another there are other options without panicking to much , Tanner could possible drop into the middle 2 you then have Wilson and jay to cover the full back positions , pring could possibly drop into the middle 2 , so there are other options not quite the bare bones yet , even Naismith ( when fit not sure how far away he is ) 

It’s why you have to have a squad.

Rarely throughout a season do you get your pre-season “best eleven” on the pitch.  Football has its funny little quirks like this.

As for Kalas, he had a very tidy game, and playing LCB2 is where he plays for the national team so no issues for him in terms of body position both with and without ball.  Whereas other right footers who’ve played LCB when they’re used to playing RCB look lost, e.g. Bailey Wright.

He played some nice balls into midfield / forwards too.

• Flames 1

I thought we played really well. We were on the ropes a bit for 15 minutes or so after they scored, but we deserved at least a point over the piece.

I’m genuinely really chuffed for not just the manager and players for everything they’ve put in but also the fans who’ve stayed behind them home and away.

It’s been a long three years for City fans, really - football without supporters thanks to Covid and then, by and large, some pretty poor stuff since. It’s not been easy following that lot up and down the country, I’m sure.

But I feel like, after a long time putting the foundations in among a whole lot of subsidence caused by previous incumbents, the walls are finally starting to go up and everyone’s got something a bit more tangible to look at - a young, hungry team playing good football and getting the results they deserve.

Well done all and hope you all have a good night. Enjoy it, it’s been a while coming.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

If he'd have pointed the other way for our penalty, I genuinely don't think we could have many complaints...

I disagree as I think it is a Pen, but I also agree with you. I'm so used to not getting them I wouldn't bother complaining. I said earlier, in the middle of the 469 days it was exactly the type we weren't getting.

16 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I thought we played really well. We were on the ropes a bit for 15 minutes or so after they scored, but we deserved at least a point over the piece.

I’m genuinely really chuffed for not just the manager and players for everything they’ve put in but also the fans who’ve stayed behind them home and away.

It’s been a long three years for City fans, really - football without supporters thanks to Covid and then, by and large, some pretty poor stuff since. It’s not been easy following that lot up and down the country, I’m sure.

But I feel like, after a long time putting the foundations in among a whole lot of subsidence caused by previous incumbents, the walls are finally starting to go up and everyone’s got something a bit more tangible to look at - a young, hungry team playing good football and getting the results they deserve.

Well done all and hope you all have a good night. Enjoy it, it’s been a while coming.

Subs help wrestle back control.  We were pretty good in the final 10+ injury time, we looked strong.  Plenty of “moments” where you felt a little bit better Final pass and we’d have got that equaliser.

Great pen.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As for Kalas, he had a very tidy game, and playing LCB2 is where he plays for the national team so no issues for him in terms of body position both with and without ball.  Whereas other right footers who’ve played LCB when they’re used to playing RCB look lost, e.g. Bailey Wright.

Looking for positives, I'd say we don't lose much in the heading, and though we lose some in bringing the ball out , Kalas is a proper defender and is a little quicker than Atkinson.

I think we have officially hit "Bare Bones" territory .

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s why you have to have a squad.

Rarely throughout a season do you get your pre-season “best eleven” on the pitch.  Football has its funny little quirks like this.

Totally agree Dave , I understand we will never have the first eleven on the pitch due to injuries , and as I said in another thread the injury situation is so much better than previous years but we seem to get so close to a full squad then there’s another injury it seems 2 comeback then 2 get injured. But like I said not the bare bones as there are a few options with a bit of jiggery pokery, shammed though because the back 4 recently picks itself and has been pretty good 

• Like 1