IGNORED

Sunderland away match thread

23 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Looking for positives, I'd say we don't lose much in the heading, and though we lose some in bringing the ball out , Kalas is a proper defender and is a little quicker than Atkinson.

I think we have officially hit "Bare Bones" territory .

No quite bare bones yet , think we could reshuffle a little but at what cost I don’t know 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

It’s the tug on the shirt coming from JD that causes their player to go down and tap the legs out, just an observation not complaining at all! 

Ffs we get a penalty at last and now we’re not sure if it was or wasn’t one ??????   In my eyes 10 yards outside the box , hit on the chest not arm anything deffo pen nailed on for me . God we have earned some luck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

It’s the tug on the shirt coming from JD that causes their player to go down and tap the legs out, just an observation not complaining at all! 

Yep, Dasilva nearly ripped the shirt off the players back before getting in the area, but the player was also trying to impede Dasilva. I'm certain Dalsilvas fouling couldn't be seen by the ref due to his positioning. It was aslo well covered up by Dasilva. 

Once in the area, clear penalty imo.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, redkev said:

No quite bare bones yet , think we could reshuffle a little but at what cost I don’t know 

WE have players to "fill in" , but we have 

1 fit RB
2 fit CBs
2 fit LBs

If that's not bare bones then it's a short Taxi ride away. Yes King could step in, but in a 2 ? I wouldn't risk that, same could be said of Pring, but I'd be a little happier. We surely have to try and keep this shape, it's the best defensively for some time. Not sure how soon Naismith is available, but has to be a couple of weeks away, Wilson the same. So it looks like we have to muddle through just when the games are 2 a week again. Not sure how far Idehen has fallen or if Low is even on the Radar for a recall, but I think we need a run of luck with injuries and Bookings for the rest of the Month.

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

North East football fan entitlement, just because 40 thousand people  in Sunderland have **** all else to do on a Saturday, they think that grants them big team status, Newcastle fans were as bad until they got their blood money

That was two comments what about those that thought he would be a good signing?

Typical one eyed view. Mackems  in general a pretty down to earth bunch, certainly not Billy Big Bollocks.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

WE have players to "fill in" , but we have 

1 fit RB
2 fit CBs
2 fit LBs

If that's not bare bones then it's a short Taxi ride away. Yes King could step in, but in a 2 ? I wouldn't risk that, same could be said of Pring, but I'd be a little happier. We surely have to try and keep this shape, it's the best defensively for some time. Not sure how soon Naismith is available, but has to be a couple of weeks away, Wilson the same. So it looks like we have to muddle through just when the games are 2 a week again. Not sure how far Idehen has fallen or if Low is even on the Radar for a recall, but I think we need a run of luck with injuries and Bookings for the rest of the Month.

Can't recall Low apparently.

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Ps cough Mehmeti cough Ryan cough Kent cough

They even look similar

Hopefully this lad has a better attitude and learns to pass at the right moment 

What a strange comment. In flashes he’s lit up the last two games. I can’t remember Ryan Kent giving us that? If he had already learned to pass at the right time and consistently make the correct decisions, he’d of leapfrogged us for another club. Worked to be done, yes. Ryan Kent, I don’t think so. 

(Feels weird knocking Kent as he’s carved out a decent career by the looks of it). 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I think I saw one in the 80's or early 90's. Maybe it involved Steve Galliers.

Galliers was probably a jockey in another life.

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Interesting the way people see a game differently .

Sunderland fan.

Screenshot2023-02-18at20_47_37.png.5f66b22e714e03e4379c7dd004c1ecd7.png

Sunderland fan.

Screenshot2023-02-18at20_50_46.png.604655581c36424b662f2ef51bf10597.png

Preston fan "neutral" :facepalm:

Screenshot2023-02-18at20_48_43.png.8b77f663780cdd613e02e2b8eb221a5e.png

That made me laugh.  How anyone could think 5-0….according to infogol their xG was 0.46 ???

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

gavin ward got to go up in the hall of fame with sir colin of daniels., best ref in 2 years.  i refreshed this page just before the pen and knew something amazing had happened as i got a white page, cannot display content, too many connections ?

Colin Daniels, this ref...

Who else not directly connected to City goes in our honorary hall of fame?!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Galliers was probably a jockey in another life.

That made me laugh.  How anyone could think 5-0….according to infogol their xG was 0.46 ???

Was he the guy that said they'd wipe the floor with us?

52 minutes ago, Super said:

Seeing some very good comments from Sunderland fans on FB saying how good we were yesterday and how good our support was ? 

Lovely to read. Also goes to show how much the noise can travel in a stadium, drove up yesterday, really enjoyed the game, thought we were excellent first half, Mehmeti looked incredible, defenders couldn't handle him and were petrified of him running at them. The move in the first half where he hit the post was simply breath taking. 

2nd half they dominated for large portions, we couldn't find out rhythm, lucky we didn't concede a 2nd.

As for our fans/noise, genuinely didn't think we were loud at all! Large portions of the game I thought we were quiet, glad it didn't come across that way to their fans! ?

Excellent point on the road.