IGNORED

Sunderland away match thread

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Ps cough Mehmeti cough Ryan cough Kent cough

They even look similar

Hopefully this lad has a better attitude and learns to pass at the right moment 

I said when we signed him they looked similar. I think ive already seen more from him than Kent tho!

Edited by nickolas
6 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Got to give Mehmeti chance to learn, you’ve got to allow the maverick players to do their thing, that’s why you bring them in for that something different.

With the ball he’s a Maverick, but I like how off the ball he tracks his man, presses, seems ok in the air, doesn’t shirk a challenge.

I think we’ve got ourselves a right player here.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

It was a clumsy , obvious Pen and yet during this Run there would be plenty of Ref that would not have given us that, we have several better and more obvious shouts.

It was a funny performance going forward, went direct too much and without quality. Didn't get anyone up around Bell and no one gave him a decent through ball. Mehmetti was good and frustrating, needs to let others play with the ball some times. 

Great to see Williams managed another game, not so good with Atkinson. Need a bit of luck on the injury front soon.

Decent point, probably a fair result over the 90+. 

• Like 2
Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Ps cough Mehmeti cough Ryan cough Kent cough

They even look similar

Hopefully this lad has a better attitude and learns to pass at the right moment 

Nothing like Kent, who went missing so often we had to organise a search party most weeks.

By comparison, Mehmeti is fearless. Always prepared to take on his man.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Gavin Ward`s not going to be popular with the refs` association. Their pension fund was riding on us beating the record.

And finally the s*gs result comes in.

Happy days!

Any chance of sharing what meal you will be enjoying this evening as you pop over to the slaggies site to enjoy the latest meltdown.......it's a highlight of my week atm!!

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Thought that was a fairly odd attacking performance. Mehmeti was dangerous but too often trying to do it himself rather than pass - you might have been the best player in the game in League 1 - but here you're passing to competent players.

Other than that we were just pretty toothless. Got in the box but Sykes seemed shot shy today. Bell and Cornick moved around alot but Bell couldn't get in the game and Cornick I'm far from sold on. 

Wells was ok but looked leggy.

Says a bit that it was a fullback who won the penalty, and Wells did convert it with aplomb.

In the end it goes down as a well fought draw. Not a bad performance or result overall. We were good in midfield and Kalas played well. O'Leary continues his good form as well. Organised and quite prickly, definitely didn't give Sunderland a comfortable or respectful afternoon.

Ps. Given O'Nien got just a yellow for piggy-backing Scott does this mean all players now get one permitted piggy-back in a game?

I thought we were unusually wasteful up front today. We’re generally quite ruthless in terms of putting away a good proportion of the chances we create. But today felt like we created a fair bit but just never really clinical enough with the final ball/shot. 
But, overall, great performance and deserved point. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I thought we were unusually wasteful up front today. We’re generally quite ruthless in terms of putting away a good proportion of the chances we create. But today felt like we created a fair bit but just never really clinical enough with the final ball/shot. 

Felt like the decision making in the box was a bit off today. We've created a lot of chances from short low crosses. Today they often didn't find anyone in the box. So that comes across as dangerous and good play in order to get the cross away, but then it looks wasteful as no actual shot comes from it. Had they been shots today rather than crosses, then Patterson might have been busier.

So yeh I agree it was a bit wasteful/toothless/indecisive up front. Pick whichever word feels best to be honest.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

Things were looking so ominous.

First, the bad weather grounded flights to the North East.

Then. Atkinson went off injured early in the game.

Next Sunderland go one up.

But . . .

cue the long overdue penalty in late added-on time.

Coolly dispatched by Wells and . . .

wild celebrations at the away end in the Stadium of Light and in thousands of homes, inhabited by City supporters, worldwide.

The unbeaten run continues.

What a wonderful feeling.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 14