IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

Just watching the live stream for a while.

Obviously, the game is not going as well as I should have liked, but the accompanying text is quite interesting, especially the predictive text.

There was some discussion about The Hundred and previous England players, and one poster wanted to comment on Kevin Pieterson and Graham Swann. I am assuming he wanted to say that KP was lambasted, but.... 

Yet Swann the deserter still held in some regard , kp got lamb bastard during an Ashes tour for suggesting extra practice after a poor displayed by the England team :laugh: 

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

And they actually discussed it between them before giving the decision.

I appreciate they don't have access to the live stream, but it seemed clear to me that it bounced first.

I don't get how they can be sure it was out is the thing

40 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Interesting call by Essex, how long do you bat for? Just before Tea tomorrow? Try to add an extra 150

I think they, the commercial dept, we’re worried it may all be over by lunch tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Oh, and Craig O has just got Browne LBW for a duck!

He’ll be extremely pleased with that, following his earlier dismissal - ‘caught’ by Browne.

If the umpires have had any feedback, which I’m sure they have, there’s no way they were giving that not out.

33 minutes ago, TomF said:

Kent giving Surrey a bit of a shoeing, Hants looking like losing at Southport didn't expect these results.  Strange round of games..

Yeah the 3 clubs below us that are olaying are all in top in their matches. 

I reckon we'll get enough points in the remaining games to maintain our record breaking stay in the top flight 

So, what with Craig O yesterday and the two Toms today, we shall no doubt be receiving a letter of apology from the umpires’ assessor - or does it not work like that in cricket?

In all seriousness, though, why were we even facing that last over?

A few balls before the end of the previous over, Tom K-C was adjusting his pads, and surely one of the two Toms could have changed their gloves, especially as we had already gone past the minimum over requirement.

• Like 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So, what with Craig O yesterday and the two Toms today, we shall no doubt be receiving a letter of apology from the umpires’ assessor - or does it not work like that in cricket?

In all seriousness, though, why were we even facing that last over?

A few balls before the end of the previous over, Tom K-C was adjusting his pads, and surely one of the two Toms could have changed their gloves, especially as we had already gone past the minimum over requirement.

I kind of agree with you but hindsight is a wonderful thing 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I kind of agree with you but hindsight is a wonderful thing 

It is, but I was moaning at the stream from around 17H30 your time.

Anthony Gibson, who I quite like, as I believe he tells it as it is (and I am aware of the criticism he receives for his supposedly negative outlook) together with the female Essex commentator, who I thought was also good, were discussing how many overs beyond the 96 they might get, and I was saying ‘Have a drink, change your gloves - as long as you get the 96 overs in it’s fine).

Obviously, they didn’t hear me all the way from France.

• Like 1

Sad news

We at Somerset County Cricket Club are devastated to hear about the death of young Somerset cricketer Barnaby Webber in Nottingham earlier today. Sending our wishes to Barnaby’s friends and family at this extremely difficult time

#WeAreSomerset

• Sad 2