IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Are you sure about that? 

That was what was said after the first 100 series and then I noticed it has Smeed’s ton from the 100 on his T20 record.

As with most things 100, I pay little attention to it so not sure if that’s still the case, looks like it is.

12 hours ago, tin said:

Good luck to Somerset. I genuinely wish them all the best. But I’m more concerned about my own team and our seemingly endless decline in every format under this clown. Something has to change. 

Sack the board etc !

I'm just glad that although I love Glos (actually born in Gloucestershire, none of this South Glos rubbish) their results don't mean a quarter of what the City results do..............if it did I would be close to slashing my wrists by now !?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Are you sure about that? 

Found this under The Hundred playing conditions, so it looks like it’s still the case. I guess places like India, Pakistan, South Africa etc want to be able to look at stats for a player like Smeed when he goes there to play.

7CBE7A45-AC6E-4530-B815-BA25FF579C2A.jpeg

Over the years we must be one of the worse counties at changing between T20 and championship cricket.

I know it’s the same for all countries but I can remember back to Trescothic saying how difficult it is when they chop and change between the two and nothing seems to have changed since.

4 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Over the years we must be one of the worse counties at changing between T20 and championship cricket.

I know it’s the same for all countries but I can remember back to Trescothic saying how difficult it is when they chop and change between the two and nothing seems to have changed since.

TBF T20 isn't "real" cricket, It's gratifying to know that we ( Glos) can't play any of it !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

TBF T20 isn't "real" cricket, It's gratifying to know that we ( Glos) can't play any of it !

True, I'd like to disagree as we're doing so well in it but I'd rather be at the top of the championship. 

I'm sure Gloucestershire will come good soon, they looked like they were back on track a couple years ago, time to go again 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

True, I'd like to disagree as we're doing so well in it but I'd rather be at the top of the championship. 

I'm sure Gloucestershire will come good soon, they looked like they were back on track a couple years ago, time to go again 

It's between them and Derbyshire for the title of the worst team. Will be close.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

How many we gonna need to have a chance of bowling them out? 300?

Good question, is it one of those Taunton pitches that offers zero to the bowlers from day 3 onwards? I’d be happier if we had Jack Leach, no offence to Bashir who I really like but is many games away from being an experienced spinner.

With loads of time left in the game I’d like to see us get a 350 lead. But with the way Henry bowled this morning maybe 250 would do! 

• Like 1