IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Think when you buy a 50quid kit for your kid you expect it to last more than a few months before being binned for a new one. 

Can understand that being frustrating, the club will probably hide behind the fact that 'most kits go to kids free as part of their season ticket' rather than answering a question of those who paid for one.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

It's mad isn't it? I'd love to know what they think the club should be doing, given that it appears there literally isn't enough stock for the players to wear, let alone for anybody to buy one.

To be fair a few of these guys have gone eleven without a moan so need to let off steam.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

It is truly is an abhorration …. so cheap looking… league 2 standard at best.

Can’t see our younger fans snapping these shirts up… I mean them being brand conscious… 

Even the gas have a more credible shirt manufacturer…

just soo badly advised… who signed this off at the club? Bermuda Jon?

Well my son loves it, if that's anything to go by. He's 16.

21 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Think when you buy a 50quid kit for your kid you expect it to last more than a few months before being binned for a new one. 

Not really the club's choice if they can't guarantee a minimum level of required stock until the end of the season as it says in the article.

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

That shirt is so bad. Looks so cheap. I absolutely loved the Hummel kits, especially the grey one this year. 

please don’t say we’ve signed a multiple year deal with this tat! ?

Whether you like it or not (I liked both the grey and the white ones) I’d certainly hope we’ll be with them for more than one year. And that this is our shirt for next season. Changing it again in August really would be taking the piss. 

It’s ok, bit bland with nothing design-wise to get excited about. Seems a bit of ‘we need to get something out quick, let’s look through our past catalogue’.

Pity we’re moving from an established ‘premier’ brand…but if they can’t supply enough shirts for the first team, let alone supporters we’re left with little choice it seems.

Like the O’Neill video which has allayed some concerns about origin and likely quality. Are they same as the established and decent’ish surf gear manufacturer? Seems a different logo.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

You're right to challenge me. I don't know many details.

All I know is that I have had a number of discussions with the club over the last two years related to kit. Mainly these have been aimed at ensuring that our kits take colourblind fans into consideration. Through those chats I have been told, by Gould, that kits are signed off in September/October each year and that is JL's responsibility/. That's not huge news to most as it's well known that JL looks after kit designs.

Then, through my job, I know a little bit about commercial contracts and the types of clauses they tend to contain. Not specifically football kit supply contracts, but general B2B contracts for supply of goods and services.

So it is just with those bits of background that I offer my conjecture, supposition, and assumption for the consideration of the forum.

With respect to whether the EFL would consider us to be "changing kit" - that would pretty much be up to the opinion of the EFL. Reg 39.1 in full says: "During the Close Season, each Club shall notify The League in writing details of its ‘home’ and ‘away’ kit (shirt, shorts and socks) and if applicable any ‘third’ set of kit. Each set of kit registered must differ visibly from and contrast with each other kit registered by the Club in that Season. No changes either in the kit or combination of colours of kits shall be permitted during the course of the Season."

It's quite clear that the EFL expects kits to be finalised during the off-season, and do not expect any changes to the kit during the season. However, there is also scope for a club to approach the EFL should a change be necessary. I expect the EFL would have a pretty high threshold as to whether a change is "necessary" and "we don't like our kit supplier and they've been a bit slow" is unlikely to cut the mustard.

I don't mean in terms of any potential breach of contract. If the terms say we can terminate without payment then we will do so.

What I was referring to was specifically whether we might need to pay them for the designs that they produced in the autumn of 2022 - if we want to use those designs with O'Neills. I don't know the answer btw, it will depend on the contract terms. It might also be irrelevant if O'Neills have created entirely new designs.

I know less than you ( think that's a fairly safe bet) but wouldn't the fact that Hummel , through Elite Sports going into admin , can't fulfil the contract be an easy out ? 
Coventry apparently bought up stocks from the Administrators in December , when they announced they would have to get a new supplier. Newport stopped selling all merch as the shop and online was run by Elite. So City saying they were concerned about being able to continue to supply kit for the first team, I imagine the League would at least look kindly at a change.
TBF they allowed us to wear that horrible Centenary shirt so they do have a sense of humour.

The designs thing might be different. We have had input in the kits I believe , that could mean the ownership of design is ours, rather than leaving it to the Hummel designers and them just dropping a kit off to us. 

I wonder if Hummel have to wait for the outcome with Elite, before they can look for a new UK distributor.  Elite themselves were suing Rangers for about £20m last year, not sure how that impacts on anything and I can't find any updates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

Fantastic recreation of one of my favourite ever kits. 

It’s a yes from me.

One of my favourite kits from one of my favourite ever seasons, even - looking back - one of my favourite periods in my life. But I think a basic copy & paste is poor. By all means take inspiration from it or whatever but don’t just bloody copy it. 

Yours, I. B. Gutted of BS3 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

It’s pretty obvious this was an unfortunate situation outside of the club’s control.

That said, I think a fiver off for those who have this season’s Hummel shirt would be a nice gesture.

• Robin 1