IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s pretty obvious this was an unfortunate situation outside of the club’s control.

That said, I think a fiver off for those who have this season’s Hummel shirt would be a nice gesture.

And to make matters worse, my lad got SEMENYO printed on his!! ?

Appreciate it’s an unusual situation and understand why the club have done it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Look at the last few seconds of this - putting another packaged shirt on top of the red one (its blurry but it looks colourful, possibly a GK jersey?) 

Great spot. So maybe black with bright colours?

42 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Nostalgia's all we've got left, my friend ?

But was it really as good as we thought at the time? Which on reflection sounds like a song lyric.
There’s always that nagging feeling of “it never rained when you played football before school” isn’t there?

For instance Thatcher was still in power (just) then & I bloody lived in Kingswood..

• Haha 2

I'm disappointed about the collapse of the Hummel contract but it is, what it is and let's hope this supplier is more secure. I'm not mad keen on the design of the new shirt having never really liked the old Hireite one. However, I'm more interested in its quality and fit which I have to wait and see on. Hummel shirts were roomy and I hoping this will be the same. 

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

If it weren't for those meddling kids stealing the shirts off the players backs after matches!

Not just meddling,pesky.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

But was it really as good as we thought at the time? Which on reflection sounds like a song lyric.
There’s always that nagging feeling of “it never rained when you played football before school” isn’t there?

For instance Thatcher was still in power (just) then & I bloody lived in Kingswood..

Jumpers for goalposts.

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

It’s ok, bit bland with nothing design-wise to get excited about. Seems a bit of ‘we need to get something out quick, let’s look through our past catalogue’.

Pity we’re moving from an established ‘premier’ brand…but if they can’t supply enough shirts for the first team, let alone supporters we’re left with little choice it seems.

Like the O’Neill video which has allayed some concerns about origin and likely quality. Are they same as the established and decent’ish surf gear manufacturer? Seems a different logo.

I think the quotation marks in this post are very apt.

Part of the evident appreciation for Hummel was perhaps that a lot of fans viewed Hummel as a "premier" shirt manufacturer for their history of supplying famous teams and iconic kits over the years. But it is just that "history". Their chosen distributor going out of business left us high and dry. I asume our legal team had break clauses in the six year contract (watertight?) which were realised when that happened.

There have been a lot of complaints on the fourm over the lack of availability of Kit in the shop from fans. Commercially this situation would have been disastorous for the club in reecnt months (missed opportunities at Christmas, and during our recent good run with bigger gates).

It sounds very much like the club have been now been backed into a corner by this turn of events - On the face of it it seems to me like thery have made a pro-active decision to change to next seasons Kit now to prevent the problems that could be caused by not having enough Kit for the players. This deal will also bring in revenue, as they can start selling Kit in the shop again soon.

1 minute ago, cityal said:

I think the quotation marks in this post are very apt.

Part of the evident appreciation for Hummel was perhaps that a lot of fans viewed Hummel as a "premier" shirt manufacturer for their history of supplying famous teams and iconic kits over the years. But it is just that "history". Their chosen distributor going out of business left us high and dry. I asume our legal team had break clauses in the six year contract (watertight?) which were realised when that happened.

There have been a lot of complaints on the fourm over the lack of availability of Kit in the shop from fans. Commercially this situation would have been disastorous for the club in reecnt months (missed opportunities at Christmas, and during our recent good run with bigger gates).

It sounds very much like the club have been now been backed into a corner by this turn of events - On the face of it it seems to me like thery have made a pro-active decision to change to next seasons Kit now to prevent the problems that could be caused by not having enough Kit for the players. This deal will also bring in revenue, as they can start selling Kit in the shop again soon.

So we had Adidas kit once, and they were unable to provide us with any stock, and now we've had the same issue with another premium brand.

Next season, I hope we get a George At Asda kit. 

Should fix everything. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve gone way past buying shirts but I do like wearing the shorts for holiday & around the house . Got both away kits shorts . It’s good when the players look smart though 

I’ve only ever bought two of our shirts and both times we were relegated ?

• Haha 1