IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Perhaps an indication of the additional stuff we may see, as per Wycombe’s range:

https://www.oneills.com/uk_en/shop-by-team/soccer/soccer-clubs/wycombe-wanderers-fc.html

Maybe it was a clause in the Anis Mehmeti deal, he only likes Oneills gear so wouldn't sign unless we changed supplier.

Edited by cider hoss rules
sausage fingers
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Could we not have done the same?

Coventry bought up stocks from the administrators, not sure there were stocks of ours to buy up, that may have allowed them to see out the season.  That partnership (Sportspro/Hummel) must be fairly new, or I missed it. I did search to see but hadn't seen anything, the Cov announcement was the first mention I could see.
I think City just lost confidence in Hummel , they have potentially lost a lot of sales (this time not their fault) .
Plus it could be a better deal.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

Something has occurred to me.

There are typically subtle differences between the shirts that go to the playing squad and the ones that are available for the fans. Player edition shirts often have a little hologram on them as well. 

Some clubs even sell two types of shirt - an ‘elite’ version (meant to represent the closest you can get to the athletic and borderline skin-tight player cut/fit) shirts and a ‘plebs’ version (typically looser and perhaps more suitable for your average pasty enthusiast city supporter).

Given Hummel’s (or rather Elite Sports) monumental blunders, and having read between the lines of the various statements which have been released today implying that the playing squad literally ran out of kit, I wonder if in any of the games this season any of our sides have been wearing the shirts that would/should’ve been in the club shop (I.e. the cheap versions for the plebs)?

I have Martins shirt from the away game at Reading, Its exactly the same the shirt from the club shop except for the badges on the arms. I was surprised as I thought they were 2 different kinds.

37 minutes ago, RedRock said:

It’s ok, bit bland with nothing design-wise to get excited about. Seems a bit of ‘we need to get something out quick, let’s look through our past catalogue’.

Pity we’re moving from an established ‘premier’ brand…but if they can’t supply enough shirts for the first team, let alone supporters we’re left with little choice it seems.

Like the O’Neill video which has allayed some concerns about origin and likely quality. Are they same as the established and decent’ish surf gear manufacturer? Seems a different logo.

No, they’re not the same company as the surf co - that company, as you rightly say has some kudos attached to it… no, the O’Neills we have is a Gaelic football brand who sponsor such football giants as Wycombe wanderers, Weymouth town and a number of park football teams…

All Hummel kit comes from Denmark. There was a a distribution centre in Blackburn but went bust back end of last year. They’ve only recently just been brought out and will be back up and running in this country but the stock of kit has been a shambles. Don’t blame the club one bit for moving away, they must have lost some serious money over recent weeks. Great to see JL is still knocking around. Never in doubt we’d see his face with a new kit launch. 

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Coventry bought up stocks from the administrators, not sure there were stocks of ours to buy up, that may have allowed them to see out the season.  That partnership (Sportspro/Hummel) must be fairly new, or I missed it. I did search to see but hadn't seen anything, the Cov announcement was the first mention I could see.
I think City just lost confidence in Hummel , they have potentially lost a lot of sales (this time not their fault) .
Plus it could be a better deal.

Yes, I wondered if the new supplier tried to change the terms and conditions and make them worse for us. 

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Well now….this lends the whole affair a rather different perspective…

I don't think it does. Coventry have been run poorly for years. It's no surprise they wish to continue with a supplier that has messed them around.

Just shows the difference in professionalism between the two clubs. We're not prepared to continue to work with people that have messed us around, Coventry are. 

Very interesting that Coventry have released this news not long after we've announced our new partnership. 

It could well be that O'Neils were the only available company that could supply kits at short notice and we got there ahead of Coventry, hence why they've maybe been forced to continue with Hummel.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Henry said:

It’s very easy to put the stock issues at the door of Hummels.

The stock levels have been a shambles for years. The common dominator is the football club.

The same thing happened to Millwall.  They negotiated with the Administrator at Elite to buy the remaining Millwall kit which the supplietr still had in stock, so they were able to carry on selling to fans for a while (not quite the same as Coventry) 

Edited by In the Net
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't think it does. Coventry have been run poorly for years. It's no surprise they wish to continue with a supplier that has messed them around.

Just shows the difference in professionalism between the two clubs. We're not prepared to continue to work with people that have messed us around, Coventry are. 

Very interesting that Coventry have released this news not long after we've announced our new partnership. 

It could well be that O'Neils were the only available company that could supply kits at short notice and we got there ahead of Coventry, hence why they've maybe been forced to continue with Hummel.

Yep fair enough, and I’m not necessarily suggesting we did the wrong thing - simply that there may still have been an option to stay with Hummel.

59 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I know less than you ( think that's a fairly safe bet) but wouldn't the fact that Hummel , through Elite Sports going into admin , can't fulfil the contract be an easy out ? 
Coventry apparently bought up stocks from the Administrators in December , when they announced they would have to get a new supplier. Newport stopped selling all merch as the shop and online was run by Elite. So City saying they were concerned about being able to continue to supply kit for the first team, I imagine the League would at least look kindly at a change.
TBF they allowed us to wear that horrible Centenary shirt so they do have a sense of humour.

The designs thing might be different. We have had input in the kits I believe , that could mean the ownership of design is ours, rather than leaving it to the Hummel designers and them just dropping a kit off to us. 

I wonder if Hummel have to wait for the outcome with Elite, before they can look for a new UK distributor.  Elite themselves were suing Rangers for about £20m last year, not sure how that impacts on anything and I can't find any updates.

Cheers. I'd wondered what other Hummel customers were doing. Interesting what Coventry are doing as well.

Jon Lansdown's interview suggests to me that these are brand new designs done very quickly with O'Neill's. That removes any issue with Hummel, it's what I hoped to hear.

As to the EFL. I guess it's pretty clear that we've sorted whatever we needed to sort with them and they've been reasonable given the situation we, Hummel, and Elite are in.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Could we not have done the same?

Maybe we’ve been unimpressed with Hummel and their supply chain, and we thought it made commercial sense to use this as the “opportunity” to get out of the contract.  If they can’t supply first team kit, that’s pretty piss poor imho.  Maybe Coventry were desperate?

We all moan that we can’t get get kit, or kit in the right size…some of that will be because of the Hummel issue (some our own ineptitude no doubt), but I’m surprised that OTIB is not open minded about this change.

(okay I’m not surprised at all….it is exactly the OTIB response I expected, some decreeing tinpot company, others decreeing the quality will be crap, etc, etc)

• Thanks 1

The only City shirt I possess is the one with the tramlines but black hirerite logo, was that before or after the white hirerite logo shirt? 
my 11 year old daughter wears it as a night dress occasionally but maybe I ought to wear it now,amazingly it still fits!   My girl is a bit miffed her two shirts of this season are already out of date but I guess they didn’t have much choice but to change them.

15 minutes ago, mattjb said:

The only City shirt I possess is the one with the tramlines but black hirerite logo, was that before or after the white hirerite logo shirt? 
my 11 year old daughter wears it as a night dress occasionally but maybe I ought to wear it now,amazingly it still fits!   My girl is a bit miffed her two shirts of this season are already out of date but I guess they didn’t have much choice but to change them.

The black Hirerite logo was first.