IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

24 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I'm fairly sure that the club have confirmed that the current shirts being used are not what the final ones will be like. They were clearly rushed out to be ready in time. The final ones that are put on sale (and worn by the players eventually) will have silicon badges etc.

Not disputing this - I'm well aware they said they'll have a proper version soon. I'm just saying that it's been a few weeks, it can't be that hard to have a proper version of the home kit for playing staff at a minimum by now.

We played our biggest game in 6 years the other night in a prototype and yesterday's game on Sky in it. Looks pretty tinpot, to be honest. 

Disclaimer: Not a doom and gloomer, I'm happy with the way the club is operating at the moment in regards to transfers, youth intake, manager etc. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Not disputing this - I'm well aware they said they'll have a proper version soon. I'm just saying that it's been a few weeks, it can't be that hard to have a proper version of the home kit for playing staff at a minimum by now.

We played our biggest game in 6 years the other night in a prototype and yesterday's game on Sky in it. Looks pretty tinpot, to be honest. 

Disclaimer: Not a doom and gloomer, I'm happy with the way the club is operating at the moment in regards to transfers, youth intake, manager etc. 

The alternative was to not have a kit to play in at all. That would actually be tinpot. The 1st team had run out of kits. 

• Like 1

I’ve been using O’Neills kits for many years now, as my own club supply from them and I have always been happy with the quality and fit. From my keepers shirt to training gear, hoodies, etc, I can’t fault them (except for a couple of delivery delays here and there). They’ve been supplying GAA in Ireland for a long, long time, so certainly not “tinpot”. They certainly come up with some impressive designs. Badges are usually printed into the design, not embroidered or the like, but sounds like that’ll be different for us.

And, no, I don’t work for them and they don’t sponsor me. ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Disappointing none of the new O’Neills kit in shop today, but did end up buying the purple Hummel GK shirt for £35. 

??‍♂️ It’ll be something of an oddity in years to come I suppose. Anyone selling the Hummel home shirt? 

It won't be until the end of the season at the earliest.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Italian Primitivo is by far my fav red. You tried it? 

I'll trump your Armani with....?? ☺️?

https://www.bikkembergs.com/gb-en/

@spudski Primitivo = Zinfandel 

So you might like Californian reds too.

As for Bikkembergs, who wears their kit? Antwerp? Napoli playing in Armani is quite the one-up on other teams. 

Of course, the Scousers could always follow the example of their fans and consider having knock-off Armani shellsuits!

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Italian Primitivo is by far my fav red. You tried it? 

Dr Balls knows his wine! He's correct.

I too love Primitivo. Always reliable.

For Italian whites, I find it is hard to beat Verdicchio dei Castilli di Jesi.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

@spudski Primitivo = Zinfandel 

So you might like Californian reds too.

As for Bikkembergs, who wears their kit? Antwerp? Napoli playing in Armani is quite the one-up on other teams. 

Of course, the Scousers could always follow the example of their fans and consider having knock-off Armani shellsuits!

Indeed it is...but I find Italian Zinfandel from Puglia, far more intense and with a really long fruity finish. By comparison, Californian examples imo are weaker in intensity.ikke

Ive done a few wine courses back in the day. I have a little knowledge. There's a lot of style over substance in the industry imo. 

I'm all for blind tastings bringing down the established pompous French establishment. 

The recent victory by  Woodchester Valley in Nailsworth is a prime example. Check out their Bacchus as well.

As for Bikkembergs...it does say on the link I gave. 

They are infamously known for FC fosseimbrone. 

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

Indeed it is...but I find Italian Zinfandel from Puglia, far more intense and with a really long fruity finish. By comparison, Californian examples imo are weaker in intensity.ikke

Ive done a few wine courses back in the day. I have a little knowledge. There's a lot of style over substance in the industry imo. 

I'm all for blind tastings bringing down the established pompous French establishment. 

The recent victory by  Woodchester Valley in Nailsworth is a prime example. Check out their Bacchus as well.

As for Bikkembergs...it does say on the link I gave. 

They are infamously known for FC fosseimbrone. 

Thanks @spudski

I guess the difference is that Napoli kit is made by Armani not just their “formalwear”. Providing classics like their Valentine’s Day shirt last month:

SSC Napoli Valentine's Day Match Shirt 2022/2023

14 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Thanks @spudski

I guess the difference is that Napoli kit is made by Armani not just their “formalwear”. Providing classics like their Valentine’s Day shirt last month:

SSC Napoli Valentine's Day Match Shirt 2022/2023

Have a closer look fella. They done kits as well. 

In the past 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7496656/fc-fossombrone-dirk-bikkembergs/ 

Edited by spudski

18 hours ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

I’ve been using O’Neills kits for many years now, as my own club supply from them and I have always been happy with the quality and fit. From my keepers shirt to training gear, hoodies, etc, I can’t fault them (except for a couple of delivery delays here and there). They’ve been supplying GAA in Ireland for a long, long time, so certainly not “tinpot”. They certainly come up with some impressive designs. Badges are usually printed into the design, not embroidered or the like, but sounds like that’ll be different for us.

And, no, I don’t work for them and they don’t sponsor me. ?

Shhhh…. You cannot come on here with positive posts as it doesn’t fit the agenda.

They must be awful, and the huge numbers of world wide sales of our replica shirts will leave everyone disappointed as a club like ours should have bespoke kits made by Nike or Adidas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

Shhhh…. You cannot come on here with positive posts as it doesn’t fit the agenda.

They must be awful, and the huge numbers of world wide sales of our replica shirts will leave everyone disappointed as a club like ours should have bespoke kits made by Nike or Adidas.

Or just, you know, break out the sewing machine and sew the badges onto the kits before sending them over. I don't think the kit looks crap, just that one element tbh.

• Like 1

Couple of points...

Looks a little washed out to start with>
I thought you couldn't have 2 different badges in a season , could be wrong.
I wonder if these kits are stop gaps and the badges will be sewn on later.

That said, I don't hate it.