IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Having now seen it on TV I really like it. 

Many seem to love black away kits/third kits but I always felt it must be hard to pick players out on an evening game. Where as the yellow really stands out.

It might help if the undershirts & socks were the same colour as the shirt  . Looks amateur at best 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1

In the flesh the fluoro was enough that the shirt was really visible. Our players were distinct. Black numbers stood out well.

Bad things - I did miss the badge. Green shorts are just rubbish. No football kit should be solid green. The mismatched yellows of the shirt, socks and underlayers looked poor.

15 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Yes, and a ridiculous price too, as has been pointed out earlier in the thread, you can buy both via China for £25.

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Those washed-out yellow shirts look more thread-bare than our squad.

Looks like the socks took up most of the yellow dye available.

I really like the colour of the shirt.  It's almost the shirt I was hoping for (badge atrocity aside), but yeah, the socks make it look like gravity has caused the colour to drain right out of the shirt!

26 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Got the link? I can’t seem to find it…

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2023-2024-bristol-city-soccer-jerseys-the/845297734.html?d1_page_num=1&dspm=pcen.sp.list.3.3vGlLk8t46IUEPZE8vGT&resource_id=845297734&scm_id=yf.shopauto.99.2knYIz3PAYWvPFh1Y-1SvLL2SgxA.2-d_4_0_0_29502_0_1_c2_WmT.Idz9nwmSbristolXcityBrrmesuCceOcfEss#gp-3-16|1:8c6876dd1edd47a2969013b46b2734aa:3

Assuming you tried Aliexpress, I always vouch for DHGate myself.

Aliexpress < Alibaba (B2C focused, loose verification, marginally cheaper, generally, due to B2C)
DHGate (B2B focused, standard verification, marginally more expensive, generally, due to B2B (unless buying wholesale))

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Those washed-out yellow shirts look more thread-bare than our squad.

Looks like the socks took up most of the yellow dye available.

My memory suggested the 1991 version of the yellow and green kit had a different shade for the socks too, and this photo proves my memory is still working!

(Can't remember any letters in the sports pages of the Evening Post complaining mind you)

Soccer - FA Cup - 5th Round - Nottingham Forest v Bristol City - City  Ground Stock Photo - Alamy

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

My memory suggested the 1991 version of the yellow and green kit had a different shade for the socks too, and this photo proves my memory is still working!

(Can't remember any letters in the sports pages of the Evening Post complaining mind you)

Soccer - FA Cup - 5th Round - Nottingham Forest v Bristol City - City  Ground Stock Photo - Alamy

There’s green in that shirt though . There isn’t in the new one . I don’t buy shirts anymore but I just think it reflects poorly on the club . Gone back to how poor the last Bristol sport kit was. It’s good that we have a say in the design but this really does look like JL  has full say . I’d rather a template kit by Umbro than Jon & his etch-a-sketch . How easily was wiemann’s shirt ripped last night as well . As Richie Benaud would say on twelfth man. Reeeaaallly piss poor effort that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Still struggling to believe how bad the badge is. Keep having to check it’s not April 1st.

You mean you don't feel a heartfelt emotional connection to the Club's latest trademark? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Edited by ExiledAjax

On 14/03/2023 at 22:14, Henry said:

@JerrySLOany chance of feeding this back to the club then letting us know why there was no consultation over a badge change?

or @thatcham red @Dollymarie @shahanshahan

I assume, as the ‘SLO’ hasnt been online in week and the ST board members have not commented, there is no interest in representing the fans views.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Henry said:

I assume, as the ‘SLO’ hasnt been online in week and the ST board members have not commented, there is no interest in representing the fans views.

Apologies, I missed these posts.

While there has been no collective statement or response yet, individuals have made comments.

My personal opinion is the same as many others - the new "badge" could have been swapped with the club badge that is appearing on the back. Even if it's for a third kit, the question could be asked is if the club could make this "subtle" change, what stops them from doing more?

The below is from

@thatcham red

• Like 1

City Women will wear the kit for the first time on Sunday away to London City Lionesses. Slight differences will be that they'll still have the UWE Bristol sleeve sponsor, the Thatchers sponsor on the back of their shirts (I assume), and the red shorts instead of the white...

9 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Club have announced on their Facebook that the new home kit will make its debut on Sunday. Will be interesting what kit is worn for the Southampton game the week after...

336715844_971481040934568_60144842778302

13 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

City Women will wear the kit for the first time on Sunday away to London City Lionesses. Slight differences will be that they'll still have the UWE Bristol sleeve sponsor, the Thatchers sponsor on the back of their shirts (I assume), and the red shorts instead of the white...

Skins for the Southampton away game! ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 17/03/2023 at 17:47, shahanshahan said:

Apologies, I missed these posts.

While there has been no collective statement or response yet, individuals have made comments.

My personal opinion is the same as many others - the new "badge" could have been swapped with the club badge that is appearing on the back. Even if it's for a third kit, the question could be asked is if the club could make this "subtle" change, what stops them from doing more?

The below is from

@thatcham red

Well seeing as you liked my original post on Wednesday, you did not miss the post.

im not sure one tweet is really enough from the trust. I’m sure other clubs supporters trust would have gone further.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2023 at 01:11, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Not as amateur as Weimanns shirt being ripped due to the material being so crap… scotty replaced it with a plain shirt with no number and name on the back…. The shirts really do look so cheap… the logos on the shirt look like the sort of print you get from a Turkish market selling bad replica football shirts…

The socks are also poor quality. Mehmeti had large holes in the back of his today and he only played the last half hour!

• Hmmm 1

14 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I have noticed that. Why do they do it?

Players generally cut holes in their socks in order to reduce pressure on the calf muscles, which are often restricted by the form-fitting, snug nature of the garment.

For players who have bulging leg muscles, socks can prove particularly restrictive, causing difficulties with effective bloodflow and circulation, as well as breathability.

Therefore, players will often move to cut up their socks, in order to remove the problem and help improve their game.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Players generally cut holes in their socks in order to reduce pressure on the calf muscles, which are often restricted by the form-fitting, snug nature of the garment.

For players who have bulging leg muscles, socks can prove particularly restrictive, causing difficulties with effective bloodflow and circulation, as well as breathability.

Therefore, players will often move to cut up their socks, in order to remove the problem and help improve their game.

Maybe Cornick should try it then

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Okay mr gpt ?

• Haha 1