IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

3 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

The full range that we currently have in store, just looks a bit crap doesn't it

2943-460.jpgBristol City Red Bucket Hat

Even in the photos you can see dirt/bits of string on the hats..

2942-467.jpg4628.jpg

If i wanted to be really critical, whoever edited the photo has done a really poor job too, choppy outline where it has been cropped.

Embarrassing.

32 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Surely rule number  one of marketing is brand consistency? 

It is, and in fairness to the club they've been quite consistent until this season. I wonder what's changed this season as they've moved away from the specific brand colours and logos which is quite a bold rebrand, especially in the context of a football club. There's been very little fan consultation over any of the changes made in recent times (I don't remember the wider fanbase being consulted on the new badge for example, although I might be misremembering) which makes things worse.

I bet you didn't know that we have a marketing academy running alongside the football academy.

Here are some of this year's marketing graduates putting the finishing touches to corporate branding and this season's kit design.

image.png.47e38722cd8b80e3dcd6a301903d162a.png

P.S. the lad at the front is wearing this season's training shirt - one that Jay Dasilva would have worn had he stayed.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

They do seem to be taking the piss a bit with everything at the moment, from kit suppliers, badges, colours, quality, and prices. It does make you wonder who's signing all of this off.

That being said I do quite like that blue polo shirt (had the Robin and the ball logo on it) that was being worn the other day.

With that being said, I've just realised it's 10x worse than I first thought - when you have to explain which shirt/badge combo you're talking about, it really isn't good.....

It’s really bad isn’t it. How can you go from Hummels quality to this absolute garbage? 

Hummels design work and quality was 10000x better than this. It looks like it’s been made by Vista print. 

The club is really going to take a hit on merchandise sales. That said, we haven’t actually got anything to buy!!!!! 

I’ve just popped on to our website and, oh my god ???

When you click on training wear, this is what you get:

IMG_6409.thumb.png.8e36b11700eec3ad420e56ae00ddb0aa.png

The only thing there is gloves, in July, when we’ve just had the hottest June since records began ???

Then you look a the accessories page:

IMG_6411.thumb.jpeg.98089c87917330b0c6757b7a5bf59bce.jpegIMG_6410.thumb.jpeg.1f6fb6757f2fb5f0873f7fd3f24c164e.jpeg

Gloves, bobble hats, a crap bucket hat and a calendar that’s only got 6 months remaining. October has the Wolves goalkeeper and December being a Bournemouth striker! 

Honestly incompetent at the highest order at the moment commercially.

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Roe said:

Who doesn't want mittens and a bobble hat in July

But come the winter there won't be one in sight. We will probably be pushing the Splat Robin ice cube tray or similar by then!

20 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Oh yes, the Supporters Liaison Officer who doesn’t actually liaise. ? 

@JerrySLO ?

I'll be honest every interaction I've had with Jerry has been top notch. Gone above and beyond. There is zero chance that the club is unaware of the supporters feelings on the kit design, quality, suppliers, badges etc from social media interactions and on here 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Oh yes, the Supporters Liaison Officer who doesn’t actually liaise. ? 

@JerrySLO ?

I'll echo the comment above, and say that every time I've had to deal with Jerry he's been fantastic. Even sorted out a problem with rugby tickets once, which is certainly not in his job description!

He does liaise. Just not on here. 

• Like 2