IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

33 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Tbf the bobble hat i ordered from the rewards scheme 2 months ago would be a nice start! ???

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Got sent to me by mistake instead of the jacket I ordered !!!

Right, which one of you have my pre season friendly stream codes?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Oh yes, the Supporters Liaison Officer who doesn’t actually liaise. ? 

@JerrySLO ?

He does, but not on here it seems. For whatever reason no SLO has ever used this forum as we had hoped. He is from what I understand more a user of Twitter and responsive though email and phone. I guess he would be out of a job if he didn't communicate and liaise, and just about everyone says he is excellent at his job.

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

I'll echo the comment above, and say that every time I've had to deal with Jerry he's been fantastic. Even sorted out a problem with rugby tickets once, which is certainly not in his job description!

He does liaise. Just not on here. 

Ive just written almost the exact same as you without reading this!

The rebrand was very successful in my opinion. 

However all that has been undone by the crap produced this season. It just screams 90s tat. 

I don't mind the blue. We wore blue in the fa cup final before those lot adopted blue. 

But the stuff produced is just tinpot. 

I'm really not sure why we didn't go with Umbro and why the Bears have moved away from them. They have produced some class stuff of late.

Three possibilities

1. Printer didn't have the right font installed

2. Artwork file became corrupted 

3. We no longer care

**** me we don't half produce some garbage these days. And all this bollocks about O'Neils being a serious brand - a serious brand would not have just nodded and printed all this shit and put their name on it. O'Neils is obviously happy to just print whatever the park football teams and Hen Dos send it to print.

DA3A985C-AB18-4A0B-92B3-889639D94E05.thumb.jpeg.2f8cbb9eb8d956654d76cf5b0e3b4b2c.jpeg

2D7F7129-E0D7-48ED-BF89-E57DEFD9AEEF.thumb.jpeg.459fe0358ba5e61407305964142321de.jpeg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Olé said:

Three possibilities

1. Printer didn't have the right font installed

2. Artwork file became corrupted 

3. We no longer care

**** me we don't half produce some garbage these days. And all this bollocks about O'Neils being a serious brand - a serious brand would not have just nodded and printed all this shit and put their name on it. O'Neils is obviously happy to just print whatever the park football teams and Hen Dos send it to print.

DA3A985C-AB18-4A0B-92B3-889639D94E05.thumb.jpeg.2f8cbb9eb8d956654d76cf5b0e3b4b2c.jpeg

2D7F7129-E0D7-48ED-BF89-E57DEFD9AEEF.thumb.jpeg.459fe0358ba5e61407305964142321de.jpeg

Sorry to keep banging on in this thread, but I work in marketing as part of my job and I find it amazing what is being produced. I mean, it’s not one thing here, it’s literally EVERYTHING coming out of O’Neills. I mean it’s terrible. You can barely read what it says. I’d love to know the players thoughts. 

Olé has hit the nail on the head. It’s like what someone would wear on a hen do when they design it themselves. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The rebrand was very successful in my opinion. 

However all that has been undone by the crap produced this season. It just screams 90s tat. 

I don't mind the blue. We wore blue in the fa cup final before those lot adopted blue. 

But the stuff produced is just tinpot. 

I'm really not sure why we didn't go with Umbro and why the Bears have moved away from them. They have produced some class stuff of late.

Agreed. Like you said the most obvious choice surely would have been for the Bears to stick with Umbro and us to go with them aswell. Guaranteed quality  from a brand you know what you are going to get from..

Will be interesting to see the sales figures for replica kit and training wear in 3 or 4 months time. Apart from the diehards that will buy it irrespective of if it is complete tat or not, I genuinely think sales will be massively hit with many floating fans not bothering to purchase any of it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Agreed. Like you said the most obvious choice surely would have been for the Bears to stick with Umbro and us to go with them aswell. Guaranteed quality  from a brand you know what you are going to get from..

Will be interesting to see the sales figures for replica kit and training wear in 3 or 4 months time. Apart from the diehards that will buy it irrespective of if it is complete tat or not, I genuinely think sales will be massively hit with many floating fans not bothering to purchase any of it.

As you say , can’t see loads of people buying this stuff. Even my 11 year old daughter isn’t in a rush to get her free shirt yet, she’s unimpressed with the home and 3rd shirts and hoping the away one will be better.Going on the training gear I’d be surprised if it is though!

3 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Sorry to keep banging on in this thread, but I work in marketing as part of my job and I find it amazing what is being produced. I mean, it’s not one thing here, it’s literally EVERYTHING coming out of O’Neills. I mean it’s terrible. You can barely read what it says. I’d love to know the players thoughts. 

Olé has hit the nail on the head. It’s like what someone would wear on a hen do when they design it themselves. 

Aren’t they just the manufacturer?

They don’t do the design.  I do agree that I’m not a lover of the new training stuff.

At what point does “retro = lack of creative imagination”?

Because I think it’s been reached!!!

• Like 3

The thing that really annoys me about the O'Neill's kit is the quality of the mini kit.

The Hummel one was an exact replica of the adult kit, but in a smaller size. The quality was excellent and it literally had all of the badges, and little design touches of the adult kit. 

The O'Neill's one however is completely different to the adult kit (just look at the collar and generic red socks) with everything including the badge printed into the shirt. In short, it looks absolutely awful. 

Now, I appreciate that my 20 month old son isn't going to care about this at all, but for the same price, the difference is absolute night and day. 

2794-486.jpg

• Like 5

• Admin
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

They don’t do the design.  I do agree that I’m not a lover of the new training stuff.

At what point does “retro = lack of creative imagination”?

Because I think it’s been reached!!!

I wonder if they have a set of templates that we start from?

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

The thing that really annoys me about the O'Neill's kit is the quality of the mini kit.

The Hummel one was an exact replica of the adult kit, but in a smaller size. The quality was excellent and it literally had all of the badges, and little design touches of the adult kit. 

The O'Neill's one however is completely different to the adult kit (just look at the collar and generic red socks) with everything including the badge printed into the shirt. In short, it looks absolutely awful. 

Now, I appreciate that my 20 month old son isn't going to care about this at all, but for the same price, the difference is absolute night and day. 

2794-486.jpg

I’d love to get one for my grandson but they dont hold any stock. However looking at your post…I’ll give it a miss this year.

10 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Players now employed as clothes horses and part time models.

They want to be having a word with their agents. 

That's probably why they are all on their phones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

We have some really good training gear over the last few years. But this season is very underwhelming, but also confusing, to much going on. The top with the letters overlapping looks dreadful. Hurts my eyes looking at it. 

I've never purchased training wear before until the Hummel stuff came along. 

I loved the vibrant designs which was nice to wear out places.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

A serious manufacturer would stop this stuff going to production the minute they saw the designs. They've put their label on it, they presumably want their brand to be taken seriously.

As per my earlier post, there is no way O'Neills should be getting a pass here. It's a race to the bottom between them and City who actually cares less about credibility of their product.

• Like 7

On 15/06/2023 at 17:55, phantom said:

Of course 

I am more than happy to raise at the next meeting (you'll probably have to remind me) 

Meetings are usually the first Wednesday in the month ?

Hi mate. Assuming the meeting is tonight..? Could you raise the issue regarding the "splat robin" (I think that is now it's official title..!)

Mainly though, the lack of any consultation regarding all the changes to kits and official merchandise. If you're not able to, perhaps @Dollymarieor @ExiledAjaxI believe are involved...?

Ta V much.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, phantom said:

Noticed even more variations of casual wear, never mind the winter gear will be handy 

Screenshot_20230704_195538_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230704_195548_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230704_195529_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230704_195518_Gallery.jpg

That first one looks terrible. 

I like the next two. Much better than than the blue training top that will lead most people to assume it’s the team from Manchester.

The last one is ok. 

I don’t have a clue about the quality of the new range of kits. I like the design of the home kit. Not keen on the yellow kit. 

The ‘splat’ robin is absolutely awful and seems senseless after so much work went into establishing the new crest. 

13 minutes ago, Offside said:

That first one looks terrible. 

I like the next two. Much better than than the blue training top that will lead most people to assume it’s the team from Manchester.

The last one is ok. 

I don’t have a clue about the quality of the new range of kits. I like the design of the home kit. Not keen on the yellow kit. 

The ‘splat’ robin is absolutely awful and seems senseless after so much work went into establishing the new crest. 

Not asking you specifically but how much fan consultation was there for the new crest? As a season ticket holder I can't remember it being mentioned until it was launched but I'm probably forgetting about it.