IGNORED

Hull City at home match thread

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

What happened in the first minutes?

I'm asking for a friend who went to Cardiff to watch Wales v England rugby.

I was referring to Coventry-Bristol City, played in November 2021 (the day of Martin's penalty). ?

Anyway, I never thought I'd see Nige dancing: strange things are happening to our team... ???

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Thanks 1

Our team has confidence, today the final pass was not there but the way we act is very Nice to see. We win second balls and the players fights and help each others. Defence is solid and today Max not kicking the ball outside the line. Really like our Messi, he is a player. You can feel the good vibes in the team, long time since we had such structure in our play. Now Im not nervous when corners and freekicks are coming against us. Every player seems to know What to do in defence. No more playing Barca in the defence.Kalas first start for a long while, he is very good and Vyner is nowadays solid as a rock. For me Wells is before Bell but NP is the manager, he he. NP has built a good team and know Whats he doing. COYR 

• Like 8
10 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

This is why i dont really understand the cornick signing, conway has a much higher ceiling, and i wouldnt want to see conways losing minutes to him.

On what basis does Conway have a “much higher ceiling” than Cornick? You can’t compare stats at similar ages as players progress in different ways, you can’t comment on track record because one has more experience than the other and they have largely played in different positions, you can’t comment on ability to play as a sole striker because we haven’t seen Conway do it before. It’s just a pointless statement that means very little.

Edited by Vidal
11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

True….I also think he’s having a little breather for a few games.  We have depth, his body has taken a battering at times this season facing up to hairy-arsed CBs, especially in the absence of TC.  Great for him to come off the bench two games on the trot and get the goals.  Seemed like he’d been stuck on 9 goals for ages.

His movement when he came on was great.

Something for Bell to learn (Conway has it).  Bell needs to learn that in a front three of the type we are playing that he might need to change the runs he makes, so that he’s in the centre of the goal when crosses come in.  Think that is partly down to playing quite a bit as a wide forward in u23s in previous seasons.  His link up play is improving though.

Back to Wells, delighted for him.  Should be in the discussions for POTY, but suspect others are ahead.  This is the Wells I first liked at Bradford, then Huddersfield.  He was different at QPR.  And he’s shown he can play in multiple set-ups with different partners.

Yeah I think for me PoTY would be James, Vyner, Scott and Wells in that order atm.

I knew Wells was in for a big season...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Vidal said:

On what basis does Conway have a “much higher ceiling” than Cornick? You can’t compare stats at similar ages as players progress in different ways, you can’t comment on track record because one has more experience than the other and they have largely played in different positions, you can’t comment on ability to play as a sole striker because we haven’t seen Conway do it before. It’s just a pointless statement that means very little.

On the basis that hes better now, and hes only young?

Really enjoyed yesterday. Hull made themselves hard to break down and did not make it easy for us. Mind I had expected Hull to show more as they only really became a threat after we scored. James and Williams top jobs in midfield although we still missing forward passes form Neismith. Mehmeti lovely to watch, does need to press the shot option more when running into box and still finding his feet a bit with new  team. Bell or Wells to start is interested, they give different options on the field and I think it is as NP sees it on the day with who we are playing knowing he has the other on the bench. Loving Kalas/Vyner at back looking so solid. Full backs both great. Looking forward to seeing how we set up defend against Harland. Loved the playing the game out. We looked so streetwise. And most importantly we look like a team who is together, commited and beliefs. I just going to watch Man city and enjoy the experience, who knows.

COYR 

Loved O'Leary's pink shirt 

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril
  • Like 2