IGNORED

What tactics should we employ to beat Manchester City?

Curr Avon

9 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Apart from scoring more goals over 90 - 120 minutes, or the winning penalty in a shoot-out, what are our tactics against one of the world's best teams?

Press, press, and press again? 

Sit in, and hope for the best?

Kick them off the pitch and hope that the officials lose the power of sight?

Take them out on the lash the night before for a pint or ten of Natch

36 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Take them out on the lash the night before for a pint or ten of Natch

You do realise that unconfirmed numbers of studies have proved that Natch contains all the nutrients and natural hormone boosters to increase performance at literally anything [in your mind]...?!!!

Just now, David Brent said:

Score more than them 

And the winner of the 'most obvious dad joke that has already been made seventeen times' goes to... ?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, mozo said:

You do realise that unconfirmed numbers of studies have proved that Natch contains all the nutrients and natural hormone boosters to increase performance at literally anything [in your mind]...?!!!

And the winner of the 'most obvious dad joke that has already been made seventeen times' goes to... ?

I know after 10 pints I feel I am more attractive to those of the opposite sex.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

We’re a counter attacking side & they’ll have most of the ball . Won’t have many chances but when we do we have to take them. 

Indeed we are. Because we struggle to keep possession against Luton, Swansea, Millwall etc.

Which begs the question, are we capable of retaining the ball at all against one of the best teams in the world? As far as I can tell, we won't have anything to counter attack with unless several of our lot have the game of their lives, far beyond anything we've seen them produce so far. 

Who knows, they may surprise us yet but I can see it being a bit like the one way traffic in the Lionesses game the other night. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Indeed we are. Because we struggle to keep possession against Luton, Swansea, Millwall etc.

Which begs the question, are we capable of retaining the ball at all against one of the best teams in the world? As far as I can tell, we won't have anything to counter attack with unless several of our lot have the game of their lives, far beyond anything we've seen them produce so far. 

Who knows, they may surprise us yet but I can see it being a bit like the one way traffic in the Lionesses game the other night. 

It wasn't like that in the two previous games against them.

I expect a 4-5-1. Defending in numbers . But to me the key is when we get the ball we have to hit at pace in numbers . We have the pace. Play forward through Scotty who has to find those pin point balls to our forwards. We not got much of a chance . But we do have a chance. It's the FA cup shocks do happen. 

COYR 

Well they are making Bournemouth run around in circles (currently 0-2) and they look frightening in attack; so we need to run around...a lot and hope they play no first teamers. Then a 3rd penalty in a row in the last minute for us would do just fine.

We have NO HOPE sorry

Edited by gl2

3 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Well they are making Bournemouth run around in circles (currently 0-2) and they look frightening in attack; so we need to run around...a lot and hope they play no first teamers. Then a 3rd penalty in a row in the last minute for us would do just fine.

We have NO HOPE sorry

Yeah hopefully they don't hit double figures. Don't you remember 74?

Leeds unbeaten against little old Bristol City.

On 24/02/2023 at 14:23, mozo said:

Naturally we have to sit in and absorb pressure to frustrate Man City and put them out of their flow. It's a risky business but we don't have much choice.

If you're going to be mostly defending, you absolutely must have a threat going forward too. My crazy plan is this...

Bell to spearhead the attack. He has one lethal weapon that the Man City defence will struggle with; PACE.

Don't play Bell wide where Walker will keep up with him. Play him central, and hope he can latch onto a clearance (or even a pass, if we can muster a few of those!)

The pace of Bell and the sheer class of Scott, give us a chance to get out and give Man City problems. 

I might be off my nut, but I would also be tempted to play JD left full back and Pring left forward. Print is comfortable going forward but also we would have a defensive balance that side.

might be off my nut, but I would also be tempted to play JD left full back and Pring left forward. Print is comfortable going forward but also we would have a defensive balance that side.

This is what happened towards the end of the game today, so NP does know about using them like that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gl2 said:

We have NO HOPE sorry

Yes we have no hope in a one off cup game in a competition that is famous for cup shocks. 

No we don't need to run around. That's the trap teams fall in to. Running around chasing shadows just wastes energy.