IGNORED

What tactics should we employ to beat Manchester City?

Curr Avon

2 hours ago, gl2 said:

Well they are making Bournemouth run around in circles (currently 0-2) and they look frightening in attack; so we need to run around...a lot and hope they play no first teamers. Then a 3rd penalty in a row in the last minute for us would do just fine.

We have NO HOPE sorry

We had no hope against Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku and co either...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2

3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

We had no hope against Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku and co either...

True and that's the spirit in which we all should approach Tuesday. Except... we're nowhere near as good as we were in Jan 2018  so you're not comparing like with like.

Fingers crossed,  though!  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

Other than taking out Haaland within the first couple of minutes I have no idea, in fact it's a pretty scary prospect now it comes down to it!

I would play Bell, he'll be an unknown to Man City, has real pace and that can always be a problem for any defender. Target John Stones, he's always got a mistake in him. Alex Scott might get a bit more freedom than he's used to against typical Championship midfield thugs.....

panic-mainwaring.gif

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Other than taking out Haaland within the first couple of minutes I have no idea, in fact it's a pretty scary prospect now it comes down to it!

I would play Bell, he'll be an unknown to Man City, has real pace and that can always be a problem for any defender. Target John Stones, he's always got a mistake in him. Alex Scott might get a bit more freedom than he's used to against typical Championship midfield thugs.....

panic-mainwaring.gif

I wouldn't recommend it - he's unlikely to be playing

Max to have the game of his career, Tomas to remind  us of how good an experienced international defender he still is, and everyone else chasing, harrying and giving their all for the cause... Then we can stay in the game, all game 

Oh and Zak to just do what he does, IE play like a bloke reborn, player of the season.

COYR 

Ps hope the ref isn't all pally with the Prem boys, let's face it, they usually are in these matches.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

Haven't scrolled the thread, but I don't think we should employ any tactics to beat Man City because it is very, very ****ing unlikely.

We should just go for it, enjoy it and try to play our own game. That will increase our chances of victory from 1% to about 8%.

(figures in no way scientific)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Me and Mrs R&W will be watching the game at Ibenza Square Benalmádena if anyone fancies joining us…….. ?

It's going to be down to as low as 2 degrees there Tuesday night (Weds morn) so wrap up, shame the Euro bar has gone you will have to make do with paying  an outrageous 2 Euros a pint, :laugh:.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think the biggest tactic that we need to employ is to believe that we CAN win. 

Reading this thread has been a little depressing. Whilst I expect us to lose, I do believe we can win and im going to Ashton Gate on Tuesday night with the belief that we can pull off a shock. 

I think we are gonna give them a really good game.

• Like 3