IGNORED

Joe Williams Booking

richyy66

Just now, richyy66 said:

Not sure if his booking counts for the league games. That's 10 bookings for the season so not so sure whether he will be available for Saturday. Big blow if not for a stupid booking late in the game.

It wouldn't have ruled him out for today if he had been booked Saturday so I don't think it should count.

On 16/02/2023 at 06:15, richwwtk said:

Shame to hear "We're Bristol City, we do what we want" being sung around the time of the trouble with the stewards. Usually means people are being dicks because they think they can get away with it.

Just now, Port Said Red said:

It wouldn't have ruled him out for today if he had been booked Saturday so I don't think it should count.

Hope you're right mate.

3 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Thought it was hilarious! There's something so satisfying about premier League teams getting rattled away to clubs further down the pyramid 

Its similar in academy football when Cat 1 teams have to play teams in the categories below them, go direct/physical and get in their faces and they **** themselves.

9 hours ago, richyy66 said:

Hope you're right mate.

Red cards are the only suspensions that cross competition.  Yellow cards are fine.  That's why Pring missed the WBA match - he got booked in both the Swansea matches.  

Fair play to Silva though.  I expected him to throw himself to the floor clutching his face when Williams pushed him in the chest.  As he didn't it just ended in handbags really.  Thought both managers were right to take them both out of the game at that point though.  Would've been a real blow to have seen a red card in the match, although arguably Foden could easily have seen red.  He only set out to scythe Sykes(?) down - there was no intention to win the ball, he was just angry and the red mist descended.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As some massive wazzock stood up in front of me at the precise moment it all kicked off, can someone let me know what caused the ructions?

Not really sure. Silva got the hump over a challenge i think and shoved him in the back. Handbags really if you can say that these days!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As some massive wazzock stood up in front of me at the precise moment it all kicked off, can someone let me know what caused the ructions?

Williams gave him a sly kick off the ball and he reacted by pushing him in the chest.

De Bruyne got involved to try & get Williams sent off & there was some verbals flying about as a result.

He’s not suspended for Cardiff (I’m sure you knew this) as has been explained countless times 2 yellows in the cup is a one match ban in that competition only & doesn’t count towards league bookings.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Super said:

Thought Williams was pretty poor last night. His passing really is dreadful.

Nothing to do with Man City internationals reading the game, positioning themselves better and thus being able to cut out passes that would be good at Championship level?

Joe is just a bad player?

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Williams gave him a sly kick off the ball and he reacted by pushing him in the chest.

De Bruyne got involved to try & get Williams sent off & there was some verbals flying about as a result.

He’s not suspended for Cardiff (I’m sure you knew this) as has been explained countless times 2 yellows in the cup is a one match ban in that competition only & doesn’t count towards league bookings.

Watch it back on TV.

No kick by Silva.

Man City were building up play, Williams went towards Silva and just pushed him to the floor out of the way. Really funny tbh. Silva got up looking stunned, reacted, and pushed Williams in the back. 

Williams just doing some shithousery and winding them up ??

Edited by spudski
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Watch it back on TV.

No kick by Mahrez.

Man City were building up play, Williams went towards Mahrez and just pushed him to the floor out of the way. Really funny tbh. Mahrez got up looking stunned, reacted, and pushed Williams in the back. 

Williams just doing some shithousery and winding them up ??

It was Bernardo Silva.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Thought Williams was pretty poor last night. His passing really is dreadful.

Amazing how people see games differently, I thought he got himself all over the pitch last night, harrying, sticking his foot in and breaking play up, I'll give you that he's not the best passer of the ball, but that's not really his job, that's more the James / Scott role. I think he's been very effective in the past few games that he's played alongside James, collectively they make a good partnership, allowing Scott to concentrate on his thing..

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Amazing how people see games differently, I thought he got himself all over the pitch last night, harrying, sticking his foot in and breaking play up, I'll give you that he's not the best passer of the ball, but that's not really his job, that's more the James / Scott role. I think he's been very effective in the past few games that he's played alongside James, collectively they make a good partnership, allowing Scott to concentrate on his thing..

Agree.

5 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Have to agree thought Williams had a very good game, he really is starting to look like the player we thought we signed.

First half he started a few good moves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Some people made their minds up on Williams months ago and now can't backtrack.

See also the number who were straight on Vyner's case last night.

All quite sad really.

I rate Williams by the way, just thought he wasn't at his best last night. All about opinions, just because some think he had a poor game doesn't mean they've made their minds up.

We missed Naismith last night

Passing ability, or lack thereof, is what really is holding Williams back from being a top rated championship midfielder. It’s frustrating but I’ve accepted his role is different to that of James etc. 

I think as soon as Naismith is back fit, we will see Williams back to the bench.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I rate Williams by the way, just thought he wasn't at his best last night. All about opinions, just because some think he had a poor game doesn't mean they've made their minds up.

It's funny how we see games differently.

I thought over the pitch, breaking up and linking play he was good, his choice of and delivery of longer passes was , at times , poor. But TBF, always sowing for the ball, always in their faces and keeping play moving. 

6 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Agree.
I think this shows up more with Kalas in for Atkinson. Kalas is an old school defender, win it give it. He does not tend to get involved with build up , so where Atkinson might bring the ball out and can find a pass, Kalas wants to lay it off for someone else to do. I think with Naismith back we would be able to add that longer pass to involve Mehmeti and Skyes earlier . 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Agree.
I think this shows up more with Kalas in for Atkinson. Kalas is an old school defender, win it give it. He does not tend to get involved with build up , so where Atkinson might bring the ball out and can find a pass, Kalas wants to lay it off for someone else to do. I think with Naismith back we would be able to add that longer pass to involve Mehmeti and Skyes earlier . 

Kalas for me looked like the one player in our side who is a lot more used to playing against players of Man City's calibre. Had a great game last night.

• Like 6