IGNORED

Swearing again

Redandproud

7 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

My son got arrested last night, spent 3hrs after the game in a cell, for swearing Infront of children in Ashton Rd after the game, how many kids go to football and don't swear , especially in the singing section, the police are unbelievable in this City, 

How old?

8 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

My son got arrested last night, spent 3hrs after the game in a cell, for swearing Infront of children in Ashton Rd after the game, how many kids go to football and don't swear , especially in the singing section, the police are unbelievable in this City, 

Sounds like a nice lad

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

I’m not a Lawyer but as far as I know  swearing or using threatening language in public is a Public Order Offence. I would’ve thought he’d have been warned about his conduct before actually being nicked though. 
Im intrigued to know if there’s more to it ie Copper told him to zip it, he told Copper to “go **** himself!”… that sort of thing? 

• Like 6

Just now, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’m not a Lawyer but as far as I know  swearing or using threatening language in public is a Public Order Offence. I would’ve thought he’d have been warned about his conduct before actually being nicked though. 
Im intrigued to know if there’s more to it ie Copper told him to zip it, he told Copper to “go **** himself!”… that sort of thing? 

I was wondering that myself.......................very rare that you don't get a chance to shut up by Police. They don't really want to be filling in forms all evening because a bloke is swearing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

Didn't realise the singing section was on Ashton Road...

• Haha 13

26 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

Maybe he saw you swearing in front of children earlier in the season before being reprimanded by a steward and believed that’s how you behave?

16 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Swearing (in a public place) has got to cause "distress, alarm or harassment" for it to be a public order offence.  I guess it depends on how young the kids were as to whether they'd be alarmed and distressed. 

You'd get a warning to moderate your language though before any arrest. Sounds like Al's son was rather het up and was removed from the area before getting in worse bother. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

Now tell us the real story? :)

13 minutes ago, Danwal said:

I was there during the Gary Johnson early days when we lost every game, I was there on a cold Tuesday watching O'Driscoll playing Marlon Harwood up front, I had hope in my heart when I saw the team and Matt Heywood was partnering David Partridge at centre back

Blimey, you’re a jinx! No wonder we lost last night. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Red-Al said:

Hi mate, this forum is full of delusional people. Ive been to football for 30plus years and police behaviour doesn't surprise me. Hope the lads ok! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, redsontour said:

I actually turned round and asked the bloke behind me to pipe down last night, clearly struggles to put any sentence together without swearing. He wasn’t impressed. 

I go with my 12 year old, I’ve been since I was 12 years old, I have no issue with swearing generally, I’m ex military, but having to listen 90 minutes every week to that is not acceptable.

What saddens me is that he is there with his own children who are young. I wonder what their vocabulary will be like? 

He has an absolute right to do what he wants when he’s in his own home, but everyone else has a right not to have to consider it acceptable. 

I did the same and then when I did a "f off ref" they then proceeded to have a full on argument with me for my so say double standards.

There is a vast difference to the odd swear word to a constant 90 mins of swearing, especially in front of children. 

The electronic display even says bad language will not be tolerated.