IGNORED

Swearing again

Redandproud

5 hours ago, Red-Al said:

You are a solicitor, your questioning me like one,as far as I'm concerned nothing more to say whilst he's appealing, think what you like, like the police, 

How can he appeal if he pleaded guilty? 

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Exactly.

I am aware of the grounds for appeal and, crucially, what cannot be appealed, hence my question to @Red-Al.

Unless I have misunderstood his response, the young man is appealing something because his solicitor advised him to do so, against somebody’s judgement.

It is established that he can’t appeal the verdict, only the sentence, but personally I think he has got off quite lightly.

I think had he of attempted to headbutt an emergency worker away from football then the punishment would have been more severe. 

30 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think we’re all missing the bigger picture here, how do you fail to head butt someone?

Haha. Was having the exact same thought myself. A swing and a miss of the noggin is a tricky one to picture. In my imagination the momentum either topples the guy over or he somehow headbutts himself in the gonads

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think we’re all missing the bigger picture here, how do you fail to head butt someone?

I suppose if you’re suitably refreshed you may have double vision and choose to nut  the ‘wrong’ head? 

If that’s not the case then it becomes one of life’s mysteries like how the hell did that bloke from East 17 manage to run himself over with his own car? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Colombo Robin said:

Haha. Was having the exact same thought myself. A swing and a miss of the noggin is a tricky one to picture. In my imagination the momentum either topples the guy over or he somehow headbutts himself in the gonads

Yeahhhhh headbutting one self in the gonads is the way to go. ??????

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm intrigued why the solicitor was only met an hour before? 

Was he originally going to defend himself? 

From what I've read, that's nowhere near as unusual in a magistrate's court as it should be. I think the duty solicitor turns up in the morning and gets a handed a load of cases with barely any time to read through them in detail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Ok let's get our facts right here, he pleaded not  guilty to assault on a police officer which was proved with video cam, did not headbutt her,  pleaded not guilty for being drunk and disorderly, passed a breath test, went to court but his solicitor who he only met 1hr before the court case, advised him to plead guilty on all offences , otherwise it would go to crown court,he's appealing the charges,that's what I mean that the BL went overboard with the charges on consent of the police, so all you lot should be standing up for him instead of slagging him off, that's the true story, but BL only published the story given to them by the police,

I think your spelling is incorrect too. When you say that your Son is appealing, I think you meant you Son was appalling…

12 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

According to our friends from Whorefield it's quite easy. You just have to be on the other side of a bus window. 

I think some of the comments on here are pretty poor tbh , nobody knows what happened apart from the accused & the copper / coppers ,  we all think we are right sometimes even when we’re not and we all know how incidents at football with fans are massively exaggerated by the police . So I think it’s best we all keep our council on this tbf to all

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, redkev said:

I think some of the comments on here are pretty poor tbh , nobody knows what happened apart from the accused & the copper / coppers ,  we all think we are right sometimes even when we’re not and we all know how incidents at football with fans are massively exaggerated by the police . So I think it’s best we all keep our council on this tbf to all

Ummmm....ok.....? Of all the comments I'm not sure why you chose mine to quote?!???