IGNORED

Swearing again

Redandproud

On the subject of swearing, had a right moron sat behind me on Saturday - I sit in the children’s section and luckily my 6 year old didn’t fancy it this week. This guy spent the whole match swearing at the top of his voice and then complaining that he was getting looks - guy obviously had no awareness of who he was surrounded by. I was expecting a drunken teen but when I looked around he must of been in his 60’s

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

@Red-Al

Is this your son? 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/man-who-tried-headbutt-police-8323785

Apologies if not but seems to fit some of the things you've said. 

Well.

The report refers to Patrick Elkins.

A quick Twitter search for Alan Elkins (assuming Al is short for Alan) finds a Bristol City fan with that name.

Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

On 02/03/2023 at 21:35, W-S-M Seagull said:

Unfortunately tho some don't. 

When I voiced my displeasure to those near me about their language in front of my child I was told to go and sit in the family section by them. They have then spent the whole season purposely swearing in an attempt to antagonise me. 

Finally one of them has been banned by the club but it took a very long time for the club to take action. My son didn't want to come to games at one point. If it wasn't for my persistence then City would have lost him as a fan. 

A guy who sits behind me can get really excitable and swear constantly throughout a game, he told a woman in front of me to wind her neck in and go and sit in the children’s section, when she asked him to stop. Many in our section have told him to calm down, he’s even had a go at me on occasion. He’s a nice bloke but sometimes goes on too much, it’s not even always foul language. 

22 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Looking at his tweets, I’d say he’s your man! 

Tweet from 17 June 22 going on about recycling not being collected in BS10 area. Patrick Elkins, of Silverhill Road in Henbury, which as you guessed is BS10!

On 01/03/2023 at 13:55, Red-Al said:

My son got arrested last night, spent 3hrs after the game in a cell, for swearing Infront of children in Ashton Rd after the game, how many kids go to football and don't swear , especially in the singing section, the police are unbelievable in this City, 

3 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

Yes it is, but the BL have over reacted to the true story,

What was the actual reason for his arrest? Swearing in front of children or being abusive to Man City fans, threatening police officers and trying to headbutt them?

Interesting that although you claim that Bristol Live have overreacted,your son still pleaded guilty to a public order offence and common assault against an emergency worker.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

11 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Tweet from 17 June 22 going on about recycling not being collected in BS10 area. Patrick Elkins, of Silverhill Road in Henbury, which as you guessed is BS10!

There's something about football fans from Henbury...

• Haha 10
  • Flames 1

Banner image

ℹ️ STATEMENT - FOOTBALL BANNING ORDER

TUESDAY, APRIL 4TH 2023

A man has been banned from attending football matches for three years after magistrates were told he tried to headbutt a Police Officer following Bristol City's Emirates FA Cup tie against Manchester City.

Patrick Elkins, of Silverhill Road in Henbury, appeared in court in Bristol on Thursday, March 30th and pleaded guilty to a public order offence of threatening or abusive behaviour and one count of common assaulting against an emergency worker.

The 33-year-old was abusive towards Manchester City fans after Bristol City's Emirates FA Cup defeat to the Premier League side on Tuesday, February 28th outside Ashton Gate.

Elkins, when approached by officers, then made threats towards them before attempting to headbutt a Police Officer.

He received a three-year banning order for his offences, which prevents him from attending any match in the UK for the duration of the order or going to certain areas near football stadiums on match days.

Elkins was ordered to carry out 200 hours' unpaid work and must also pay £200 compensation, £114 victim surcharge and £85 costs. 

Dedicated football officer PC Thomas Williams said: "We welcome the court's decision to issue a football banning order following this incident. We are committed to working with all our football clubs and sports teams to ensure supporters can enjoy games without fearing for their safety.

"It is important to recognise however this FA Cup tie was played out in front of a full house with more than 25,000 fans in attendance. The irresponsible actions of one man should not overshadow the good behaviour of the overwhelming majority of supporters who contributed to a terrific atmosphere both inside and outside the ground.”

Bristol City Football Club condemns violence in any form as we strive to make matchdays a safe and enjoyable experience for all at Ashton Gate.

The Club have fully supported Avon & Somerset Police throughout the process and their decision to issue a football banning order.

On 01/03/2023 at 14:08, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’m not a Lawyer but as far as I know  swearing or using threatening language in public is a Public Order Offence. I would’ve thought he’d have been warned about his conduct before actually being nicked though. 
Im intrigued to know if there’s more to it ie Copper told him to zip it, he told Copper to “go **** himself!”… that sort of thing? 

And then tried to headbutt the copper. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

A guy who sits behind me can get really excitable and swear constantly throughout a game, he told a woman in front of me to wind her neck in and go and sit in the children’s section, when she asked him to stop. Many in our section have told him to calm down, he’s even had a go at me on occasion. He’s a nice bloke but sometimes goes on too much, it’s not even always foul language. 

"What do we want...........a cure for tourette's, when do we want it............c*** !

• Haha 15
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, BarnzFM said:

On the subject of swearing, had a right moron sat behind me on Saturday - I sit in the children’s section and luckily my 6 year old didn’t fancy it this week. This guy spent the whole match swearing at the top of his voice and then complaining that he was getting looks - guy obviously had no awareness of who he was surrounded by. I was expecting a drunken teen but when I looked around he must of been in his 60’s

We can all let loose with a swear word as a way of letting off steam. Many children know and use it so nowadays it's not as serious as in my childhood. But the continual use every other word is repulsive and should be reported.

• Like 2