IGNORED

Swearing again

Redandproud

18 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

None. Why?

I think the point the poster was making is that the players and the coaching staff swear during the games which seems double standards if the authorities are clamping down on fans swearing. 

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

I think the point the poster was making is that the players and the coaching staff swear during the games which seems double standards if the authorities are clamping down on fans swearing. 

Bloke got arrested in the street afterwards. Do you honestly believe it was for swearing and nothing else or cos he had a bit of edge about him and gave the copper a bit of unnecessary gob after being told to stop?

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Danwal said:

Don't generally have a problem with swearing but the bloke in the front of the South Stand calling everyone boring C***S for not joining in the bounce around was pushing it a bit. 

On a slightly different subject I also hate being looked at as a day tripper, I can't afford to go every week anymore and decided to take my 8 years old for this game. But I was there during the Gary Johnson early days when we lost every game, I was there on a cold Tuesday watching O'Driscoll playing Marlon Harwood up front, I had hope in my heart when I saw the team and Matt Heywood was partnering David Partridge at centre back, I've earnt my stripes to pick and choose when I attend 

Part timer!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, shelts said:

Are the club clamping down on swearing inside Ashton Gate ?

Not swearing in general but certainty persistent swearing. Almost 1/3 of our season ticket holders are under 16. 

On 01/03/2023 at 13:55, Red-Al said:

My son got arrested last night, spent 3hrs after the game in a cell, for swearing Infront of children in Ashton Rd after the game, how many kids go to football and don't swear , especially in the singing section, the police are unbelievable in this City, 

Does your son have children?

1 hour ago, shelts said:

Are the club clamping down on swearing inside Ashton Gate ?

There is swearing and then, again, there is swearing. I sit in the Dolman with a wide age range of people around me - children to OAPs. There is the occasional F word shouted out, usually at referees, but nobody complains as it’s occasional. The problems start when it’s continual. Some people, in normal like, are unable to say more than two sentences without swearing and at football it just gets worse. There used to be a chap who sat close to me who was friendly but he just couldn't speak without saying F’ing this or F’ing that non stop. It was very tiring but luckily he’s gone. 

I think the problem is that people who swear constantly in day-to-day life don’t realise that not everyone does the same. They go to football, swear not stop at the top of their voice and then get stroppy when people with children complain. They are happy to swear in front of their own children so assume it’s ok to do the same with other children. 

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I think the problem is that people who swear constantly in day-to-day life don’t realise that not everyone does the same. They go to football, swear not stop at the top of their voice and then get stroppy when people with children complain. They are happy to swear in front of their own children so assume it’s ok to do the same with other children. 

I have a very very good mate that would give his last dollar to someone to help them, he goes out of his way to help people, sometimes to his detriment but his language is atrocious, it's not aimed at individuals but just in general chat. He just can't help himself, we all tell him to cool it but it hasn't improved at all & I don't think it ever will.

There is however imo a huge difference between being verbaly obnoxious towards some-one & some-one like my mate, though both can be offensive.

• Like 2

On 01/03/2023 at 18:19, Red-Al said:

My son isn't on OTIB, he says some people talk Bxxxxks on here,

So which is it? Is he on here or not? If not then how does he know some people talk bollocks on here? Or does he use you as a yardstick.....?

Very little adds up really... You try to defend it by referring to kids in the singing section, (before subsequently saying you don't sit there), but state that he was arrested for swearing outside the stadium in front of kids. So basically you have no idea whether the majority of kids who go to games swear. 

I guess he's right about one thing.... Some people really do talk bollocks on here!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Most people swear, but when kids or women (..) are present they’ll rein it in a bit. 

The problem is when people behave as in the above comment - to make a point or show their annoyed at a decision etc and it becomes the norm in their everyday life, and for their household (i.e. their kids) - how can that next generation make their anger shown without doing something even more anti-social, as the swearing they’ve done all their lives is now just ‘normal’ for them?

Thats why society has unwritten boundaries which most people have the moral compass to abide by without being asked to. 

Edited by Red DNA
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I've had to make numerous complaints to the club this season due to bad language. These people bring children along with them and in normal conversations with their children will use swear words. It's probably a reflection upon how they themselves were raised. 

No one minds the odd swear word. I'm more than guilty of that. However every single game this season my child has had to listen to the same people talking for 90 mins with every other word being the f word or the c word. Even as an adult I don't want to be listening to that for 90 mins. 

It's just the total lack of respect shown by other parents that I find disgraceful. I even got told by those round me that if I don't like it to go and sit in the family section. 

The ground rules that we all agree to are pretty straight forward to understand. 

As Al and his son have figured out, it can also be an illegal offence to swear in front of children.

received_707611334373456.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Most people swear, but when kids or women (..) are present they’ll rein it in a bit. 

Unfortunately tho some don't. 

When I voiced my displeasure to those near me about their language in front of my child I was told to go and sit in the family section by them. They have then spent the whole season purposely swearing in an attempt to antagonise me. 

Finally one of them has been banned by the club but it took a very long time for the club to take action. My son didn't want to come to games at one point. If it wasn't for my persistence then City would have lost him as a fan. 

• Like 3

My son got arrested last night, spent 3hrs after the game in a cell, for swearing Infront of children in Ashton Rd after the game, how many kids go to football and don't swear , especially in the singing section, the police are unbelievable in this City, 

If you're going to Huddersfield, see you next Tuesday. ? 

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

23 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Bloke got arrested in the street afterwards. Do you honestly believe it was for swearing and nothing else or cos he had a bit of edge about him and gave the copper a bit of unnecessary gob after being told to stop?

I should have said I wasn’t specifically commenting on that situation, it was more of a general point about swearing inside the ground .

On 01/03/2023 at 14:26, Fordy62 said:

If only there was a way he could have avoided being arrested…

True we never see examples of police using their power excessively especially at football. 

I guess the only people that really know in this situation will be the people there. I'm sure there is more to the story than second hand information from Dad. 

• Like 1

Isnt this all just a load of old bollox?! Who cares! Far too many snowflakes in this world now i’m afraid. 
Unfortunately ( for most imo ), swearing is part of general vocabulary nowadays. 
Yes it should be reigned in and certainly around kids, but are we really that bothered? I know i’m not!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, nickolas said:

Isnt this all just a load of old bollox?! Who cares! Far too many snowflakes in this world now i’m afraid. 
Unfortunately ( for most imo ), swearing is part of general vocabulary nowadays. 
Yes it should be reigned in and certainly around kids, but are we really that bothered? I know i’m not!

Your dad said that you never post on here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

@Red-Al

Is this your son? 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/man-who-tried-headbutt-police-8323785

Apologies if not but seems to fit some of the things you've said. 

• Haha 3