IGNORED

Message to JL

I like NP but think it's probably worth waiting on this one

He seems quite committed to the club and vision anyway so an extension seems kind of meaningless at the moment

For as good a job as he's done/doing, we're still in the bottom half of the championship where our general aim has been to get into the play offs

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

37 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Don't agree, think having a manager tied down longer term will give players additional reason to want to join the club.

He remains a big pull. Bigger than anyone we've had in years. 

It was only 2 months ago people wanted him out ?

So what we give him an extra year or two and then what happens and we struggle for form again? We then need to make a change and have to pay out more money

The benefits of having him secured for longer right now are massively outweighed by the cost of if it goes wrong imo

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Nobody with a brain cell wanted him out

The club didn't want him out. 

This project is hugely influenced by the stability and experience of Nige. He's the key ingredient. 

I generally agree, but still don't think it makes sense at this time. 

A lot will depend on internal conversations anyway. I'd like to assume that the Lansdowns are in contact with Nigel enough to know if he feels he needs to sign a new contract right now

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

He remains a big pull. Bigger than anyone we've had in years. 

1 hour ago, Bcfcshags said:

Already agreed he won’t be getting an extension and we will receive some compensation.

Please guys don't make me go there...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roe said:

It was only 2 months ago Some people wanted him out ?

So what we give him an extra year or two and then what happens and we struggle for form again? We then need to make a change and have to pay out more money

The benefits of having him secured for longer right now are massively outweighed by the cost of if it goes wrong imo

Corrected that for you, there always some with a short term view of things. Those who take the longer view and see how the club was progressing, rather than fixating on the team were happy with the job he was doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Corrected that for you, there always some with a short term view of things. Those who take the longer view and see how the club was progressing, rather than fixating on the team were happy with the job he was doing.

Again I agree but that's not my point. 

I'd like to think we've moved on from unnecessary contact extensions for players and managers.  If the club and Nigel Pearson feel a new contract is necessary I'm sure they'll be working on that and don't need to be told to hurry up with anything imo

43 minutes ago, Roe said:

Again I agree but that's not my point. 

I'd like to think we've moved on from unnecessary contact extensions for players and managers.  If the club and Nigel Pearson feel a new contract is necessary I'm sure they'll be working on that and don't need to be told to hurry up with anything imo

Deleted.

Edited by Numero Uno

2 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Nobody with a brain cell wanted him out

The club didn't want him out. 

This project is hugely influenced by the stability and experience of Nige. He's the key ingredient. 

Disagree.

After West Brom I was done was Nigel. We had a really poor run, and didn't look like turning it around. Had no style of play, or progression plan in my opinion. 

Since then I've been totally proven wrong, and we've done amazingly. I'm loving Nige now, and very proud of City.

Harsh to say I don't have a brain cell, very likely many many like me in the same boat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Roe said:

He seems quite committed to the club and vision anyway so an extension seems kind of meaningless at the moment

For as good a job as he's done/doing, we're still in the bottom half of the championship where our general aim has been to get into the play offs

I agree. For however well we’ve done this calendar year, I think a lot of the changes were forced upon him and it’s just fallen into place.

The change in formation, personnel, having to play young players due to squad depth amongst other things.

I still feel also that there’s no real plan with our teams going into games. I’d be amazed if we did numerous tactical drills on the training pitch or in the analysis room at the HPC in the lead up to games if watching our games is anything to go by.

We’re doing well because Nige embraced the change in formation, stuck with a performing team and our lads have a real togetherness and camaraderie. And credit to him for that.

But I think it’s a little premature to start rewarding the manager with new deals just yet. Let’s see what happens when an inevitable bump in the road occurs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kolsch said:

I agree. For however well we’ve done this calendar year, I think a lot of the changes were forced upon him and it’s just fallen into place.

The change in formation, personnel, having to play young players due to squad depth amongst other things.

I still feel also that there’s no real plan with our teams going into games. I’d be amazed if we did numerous tactical drills on the training pitch or in the analysis room at the HPC in the lead up to games if watching our games is anything to go by.

We’re doing well because Nige embraced the change in formation, stuck with a performing team and our lads have a real togetherness and camaraderie. And credit to him for that.

But I think it’s a little premature to start rewarding the manager with new deals just yet. Let’s see what happens when an inevitable bump in the road occurs.

No real plan? Wow.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kolsch said:

All about opinions, but I couldn’t be more polar opposite in mine.

FWIW contract discussions with Nige aren’t a priority imho.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fair enough Dave. I agree with a lot of what you say but I guess we’re different in this instance ?

It just looks to me very much like there’s a ‘just go out and play’ approach to our side. I still feel like we’re going to get our comeuppance soon against a well coached team that’s done our homework against who we can’t overwhelm.

Its probably just that Nige is old school though, I guess his strengths lie in other areas.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Roe said:

Forget league position. It’s about the direction of travel, the development of a footballing identity, the academy pathway and the financial health of the football club.

Pearson has had - and continues to have - a positive impact in all the above areas. It’s just taken a while to see the benefits on the pitch.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From what Steve Lansdown has said, it looks like they have a pretty open relationship and both know a change could have been made, but wasn’t. Steve said that Nige isn’t afraid to argue with the owners and that he’s with “the project”!

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Forget league position. It’s about the direction of travel, the development of a footballing identity, the academy pathway and the financial health of the football club.

Pearson has had - and continues to have - a positive impact in all the above areas. It’s just taken a while to see the benefits on the pitch.

I agree and these are what Nige needs commending for.

We are going in the right direction on and off then pitch. 

• Thanks 1