IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

Mark that one in the Reading and Brum away column for that second half.

Killed us when Williams came off.

Weimann and Cornick just don't fit in to the system at the moment. Every time the ball comes into them they lose it and it is every time. 

I usually don't mind losing too much but not going to lie this one rankles a bit.

Their players wanted it more than ours and it showed, they might be knackered from midweek but they let themselves down today, no way near enough passion and energy to win the 50/50s and the decision-making going forward was too one dimensional for Kipre and co to clear.

edit: Shout out to Sykes today who probably the only one who played to the level required today - he never stops running, some good quality crosses in the first half today too.

Edited by ProfitInMyPocket
  • Like 2

Disappointing, got to give some credit to Cardiff, they definitely nullified our threats, with the way they set up, once they scored it was pretty comfortable for them, they didn’t really create that much but then they didn’t need to. Nigel would be livid with their second, shit defending from DaSilva allowing him inside and keepers should not be beaten at their near post after it was not struck like a rocket.

Liked their 25, thought he looked very tidy.

Not sure about Bell as the front man, not yet anyway. Got to start with Wells in a game like this. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Leveller said:

I thought we were largely very poor on the ball, apart from occasional touches by Scott and runs by Sykes. And Cardiff looked more composed than us, surprisingly.

I don’t agree. I thought we looked controlled in possession but let down by poor decision making going forward. 

Cardiff just made it very difficult to play through them. 

We’re just better off being the counter-attacking team.

Long way from our best today and picked up two concerning injuries. To a man we looked flat and short of ideas. They looked hungrier and wanted it more IMO. Disappointing display.

As NP often says you learn more about your players in adversity.

Well done the traveling supporters and get home safely.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Cornick is the new scapegoat then.

It would appear so. Jury is out for me as of yet but I can only give an honest opinion of what i have seen of him so far, and he has been in the main poor.

You hope once he gets up to speed fitness wise we will see a better version if him but I can’t help think the money would have been better spent elsewhere. Still early days though.

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We were decent up until Williams went off injured. That was then made worse when Kalas went off.

Yep, think that’s a fair comment.

Decent on the ball, but lacked a cutting edge. If that Scott header or the rebound had gone in (as it should) would have been a different game.

Not overly disheartened myself after the complete and utter dross we’ve watched for the past 3/4 Seasons when we could barely achieve backwards/sideways pass completions over 5 yards, let alone any form of forward pass.

Obvious worries over Williams and, particularly, Kalas and we may need to start looking over our shoulders again! Concerns over the subs lacking any impact, which is disappointing again. 

Onwards and consolidation of mid-table please. 

ps since when has Robins TV not allowed you to link the iPad to a smart tv? Spent the entirety of the first half fiddling with the settings to no avail. As disappointing as the the result tbh.

Edited by RedRock
6 minutes ago, WWred said:

to be honest seen this result/performance a mile off... They were going to be well up for this one and far fresher than us.

The lack of squad depth is going to be tricky for the remainder of the season but at the very least we need to be hard to beat.

As for Cornick I must confess i was never enthralled by his signing, easy to say that at this point i know but the guys career has peaked in a very workman like efficient Luton Town team. Not the sort of players that's going to take you to the next level. 

Mehmeti I'm not to worried about. Young lad, some performances will certainly be inconsistent, they can't all be great and exciting!

Onwards and updwards, grateful for the unbeaten run while we were on it! COYRRR

When Cornick signed, NP said ‘we can improve him.’ I damn well hope so. 

Disappointing result, surely influenced by Tuesday's game. Like others said, the worst part is the double injury: I guess one could have been avoided (Williams out of the starting XI), the second one less so (King for Kalas would have been risky).

It won't be easy to play the next gamed without key players but let's hope we won't lose many points positions in the table...

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We could go 2 goals from open play in 5 league games if you like. Point is we are nowhere near good enough offensively at the moment. 

There’s been some incredible saves in amongst that though. Not as if we’ve created absolutely nothing in every game. How Allsop saved from Mehmeti is a mystery. Hit the bar and post twice in games. Not quite that black and white 

Season ended for me today though I think. Losing Kalas and Williams are huge blows when we’re already light 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Dan Robin said:

Disappointing result, surely influenced by Tuesday's game. Like others said, the worst part is the double injury: I guess one could have been avoided (Williams out of the starting XI), the second one less so (King for Kalas would have been risky).

It won't be easy to play the next gamed without key players but let's hope we won't lose many points positions in the table...

Can we really use Tuesday as an excuse?

6 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Mark that one in the Reading and Brum away column for that second half.

Killed us when Williams came off.

Weimann and Cornick just don't fit in to the system at the moment. Every time the ball comes into them they lose it and it is every time. 

I usually don't mind losing too much but not going to lie this one rankles a bit.

Their players wanted it more than ours and it showed, they might be knackered from midweek but they let themselves down today, no way near enough passion and energy to win the 50/50s and the decision-making going forward was too one dimensional for Kipre and co to clear.

I think you're right about Weimenn, finding it hard to find a position for him, team seems to have out grown him.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

We made them look good with the amount of mistakes second half. Cornick was dreadful. Definite hangover from Man City and worrying to see two more injuries.

Fair enough, but they have to give more today, not least because it's a severnside derby. Very poor and not acceptable.

Fingers crossed the injuries aren't serious.

Better next game please lads!!!!