IGNORED

Blackpool fan killed at weekend

BS15_RED

8 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Nobody should be at unneeded risk going to work or a place of entertainment.

I fail to understand how anyone at a sporting event should have their life destroyed by person or persons just looking for a fight. How brave and big they must feel.

My sympathy to his  family and friends.

Not condoning what has happened at all but it’s not just football, I fail to understand being attacked and stabbed to death for living in a different post code , I fail to understand being robbed of a watch whilst walking through London . 
I think you can see what I’m getting at we live in a very disturbed cowardly world I’m afraid .

2 hours ago, TheReds said:

The trouble is that is the same even if you take football out of it. Remember when a fight was a fight and that was it. Now I'd be more scared of getting knifed, bottled, kicked in the head seems to accepted now as normal behaviour or a whole gang having a go at one  or two people - that's before anything that happens after the incident.

You can see what's coming with this story already, which will be "football has major problem". Conveniently forgetting all the trouble, violence, crime riddled streets of the UK day in day out - forget all that though, it will all be about ALL football fans being hooligans and violent.

Spend a weekend in London , mainly post code gang wars but loads of bike / watch thefts etc going on in broad daylight by youths on mopeds , 10 times worse than football problems but all brushed under the carpet by the corrupt mayor Khan 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2

9 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

This is most certainly not in the same league as this awful and tragic news, nevertheless, it is a related sickening and shameful reflection on our Club. I sometimes reach out to away fans, via their forums, to help inform the match thread. I got this response a couple of days ago from a Blackpool fan.

‘Hi, at the end of the 2001/2 season City came to Bloomfield Road on a promotion charge; Blackpool scrapping to avoid a relegation battle to the bottom division. City came in large numbers. The 5 -1 score line derailed City badly. Unfortunately, the behaviour of some of the Bristol fans was humiliating to their club. I was with my daughters aged 7 and 5 and we got attacked by about 10 City fans outside the ground (wholly unprovoked or stimulated) - until some older City fans (mainly older couples) stepped in (which I will always be grateful for). My girls were shaking and trembling, seeking protection behind my back. I had a bloody nose and bust lip. For that reason I see most of your support as the lowest life in the football league, having no ethics or integrity. You have a lovely city but Rovers are the only team I can respect and always come to Blackpool in larger 'nosier' numbers. That may be not what you wanted to hear but facts are facts, sorry. My son and his mate will be there on Saturday and I wish you all the best.‘

I can’t understand this way of thinking at all. I took an Asian friend of mine to a game against Reading once and a group of their fans gave him racist abuse and threatened us… I paid no attention to the team they supported, they were just racist scumbags pure and simple. I don’t go around saying how their fans are racist and that I much prefer Oxford. It’s completely irrational and the sign of a rather low IQ to be honest.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Superjack said:

So they were attacked by City fans and City fans stepped in to help. Yet all of our fans are the lowest life in league football. 

We have scum. So do they, in all likelihood.

Every club has them, unfortunately. 

A bit silly to say all of our fans are basically the same after that incident by the Blackpool fan on their forum tbh. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, fanjita said:

And what annoys me is seeing a lot of blokes in their 30s and 40s and even 50s as the ringleaders, pathetic really 

Some blokes like fighting and football offers an opportunity to do that in company.

It's okay to disapprove as there are plenty of negative consequences from it but I don't see why it's particularly "pathetic" and how their age matters.

Is it perfectly fine for a teenager or adult to spend hours a day on a games console? That's something I would regard as pathetic personally.

• Confused 5
  • Hmmm 1

15 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Some blokes like fighting and football offers an opportunity to do that in company.

It's okay to disapprove as there are plenty of negative consequences from it but I don't see why it's particularly "pathetic" and how their age matters.

Is it perfectly fine for a teenager or adult to spend hours a day on a games console? That's something I would regard as pathetic personally.

Jesus Christ. What an insane attempt at justification. 

• Like 15
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I suppose you’d assume that they would know better? Be more mature and grown up. Unfortunately that’s not always the case.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

If people want to fight then arrange it and do it out of the way of the rest of us that aren’t interested. Do it out of the way of young children etc etc. Fighting like that in front of kids, pensioners, vulnerable people and other innocent bystanders isn’t a great look I don’t think.

Your choice in life isn’t a strict “games console or scrap in the streets”.

I think it’s been established now pretty clearly that a 50 plus year old bloke thought it would be fun to attack a pub full of people supporting a different team and paid the ultimate price in doing so.

If Blackpool ask for a minutes applause on Saturday I hope we politely decline their request.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I do like a nice adult debate.

Step away from the blue Smarties.

Your post didn’t give anything to debate - just a very odd attempt at justification of people fighting over football, in a thread about someone dying no less. What debate do you think you were starting and do you think this was the right place to start it?

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

There are plenty of places you can go and fight, if people are so desperate there’s plenty of boxing and MMA gyms around the country where you can go to war with someone without putting your life in danger. Obviously these fans don’t have the courage to do that so have to run around with scarfs over the heads in large groups to feel safe enough. That’s pathetic.

Anyone throwing punches on concrete is brain dead. The chances of serious injury/death are way too high to be doing so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, KegCity said:

There are plenty of places you can go and fight, if people are so desperate there’s plenty of boxing and MMA gyms around the country where you can go to war with someone without putting your life in danger. Obviously these fans don’t have the courage to do that so have to run around with scarfs over the heads in large groups to feel safe enough. That’s pathetic.

Anyone throwing punches on concrete is brain dead. The chances of serious injury/death are way too high to be doing so.

I would suggest the appeal is the heightened excitement from the much higher level of uncertainty surrounding it: when and if a fight will kick off and of what nature it will be.

Your examples are all very regulated forms of fighting.

The sensible form of such fighting would be what the East Europeans, such as the Polish fans, carry out.

They organise their fights in isolated areas with equal numbers, no weapons and film them, you'll find them on the internet.

My objection above, which I clearly stated, was to the use of the word "pathetic" when I would say it is clearly not. I have never taken part in it nor ever will but to go up against a group of strangers in a street fight takes some guts.

That doesn't make it laudable but it equally doesn't make it pathetic.

6 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Terrible thing to have happened but the bloke knowingly went to the away fans pub 2 hours after the game in a group looking for trouble and unfortunately found it.

That’s it in a nutshell. All I’ve read is a silly cliche that “no fan should go to a match and not come back RIP”. Well, had the 55 year old simply gone home after the match or had he gone to his own boozer for a few hours after and then home, like 99% of fans can manage, his Children and Grandchildren would have seen him again. He didn’t though, a bloke who could technically draw a private pension wanted to attack a pub full of Burnley fans for whatever reason.

• Like 3

If anyone has a vaguely open mind rather then simply belching the usual knee jerk reaction this is worth a watch.

There is no glorification of hooliganism whatsoever, unlike within the several books published over the last twenty years, and he clearly says "I don't want to fight" but he was going to football at a time when fans going to games were prone to being attacked.

It's a lengthy piece at 46 minutes but I have cued it up at a typical example.

Obviously it's his own words and we all paint ourselves better than we are, but to me it all has the ring of truth.

It's interesting from the start if anyone has an interest in social history, he spent his teenage years holding down a job whilst living by himself in a cemetery in London which I used to walk past daily.  Though not at that time.

It's a different world these days and people, generally, choose if they wish to be involved but go back to the eighties and before that and having a few people like this standing in the way helped out many ordinay fans over the years.

36 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I would suggest the appeal is the heightened excitement from the much higher level of uncertainty surrounding it: when and if a fight will kick off and of what nature it will be.

The sensible form of such fighting would be what the East Europeans, such as the Polish fans, carry out.

They organise their fights in isolated areas with equal numbers, no weapons and film them, you'll find them on the internet.

My objection above, which I clearly stated, was to the use of the word "pathetic" when I would say it is clearly not. I have never taken part in it nor ever will but to go up against a group of strangers in a street fight takes some guts.

Lots of football violence is about rage due to supressed homosexual feelings if you ask me.  They are trying to prove something to themselves in order to hide a part of their psyche they know exists but they cannot face. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It clearly is pathetic for so many reasons. 

And probably one of the most selfish things a person could do. No self control what so ever. 

It maybe just about a fight amongst others who are like-minded.

However there are always knock on affects to others who want nothing to do with it. 

Firstly the families and children who have to live with these people and the consequences of their actions. Death, injury, jail terms, fines etc.

Then the Police, Ambulance, Paramedics,Stewards who have to put themselves at harm. 

Often property is damaged. So whoever owns the property has to pick up the tab, often pubs, bars, shops, small businesses, cars etc. The knock on affect of insurance. All goes up and costs, plus can cause trauma and fear. 

General public going about their own business, not wanting to be involved, often have to witness it, traumatising kids and woman and elderly. Affecting what they choose to do in life again. Where to go etc. 

Then it's done all in the name of a football club. 

Clubs that don't want anything to do with it. The majority of fans that don't want anything to do with it. The actions affect everyone associated with the club. Greater police presence, greater restrictions, higher costs etc, etc. 

What annoys me more, is that Blackpool FC are paying their respects to a man who went out of his way to attack Burnley fans at a pub designated for away fans. He was the aggressor, he went to harm/ injure a member of public. From the video you can clearly see him kick out and be the aggressor...he got punched and killed from someone retaliating. He could easily have been the murderer rather than deceased. 

Why would a football club offer it's respects, just because he was a life long supporter?  Would they have offered their respects if he had been the murderer? Respecting someone who went out of their way to cause damage, mame, injure another person in the name of Blackpool FC. It's all so hypocritical imo. 

Now his poor family have to live without him. All because of his selfish actions in the name of football. 

Ridiculous.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Lots of football violence is about rage due to supressed homosexual feelings if you ask me.  They are trying to prove something to themselves in order to hide a part of their psyche they know exists but they cannot face. 

Violence in general probably.

To take a current example the whacked out loon calling himself "Charles Bronson" is up for parole at present.

One of his party pieces is this:

When questioned about several incidents behind bars a few years ago and why they happened, Bronson said: "I love a rumble. What man doesn't?"

The Parole Board heard he "took half a tub of Lurpak" and "greased up" after stripping naked in his cell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-64861518

B3tHifUIEAAOnjc.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

And probably one of the most selfish things a person could do. No self control what so ever. 

However there are always knock on affects to others who want nothing to do with it. 

Firstly the families and children who have to live with these people and the consequences of their actions. Death, injury, jail terms, fines etc.

Then the Police, Ambulance, Paramedics,Stewards who have to put themselves at harm. 

Often property is damaged. So whoever owns the property has to pick up the tab, often pubs, bars, shops, small businesses, cars etc. The knock on affect of insurance. All goes up and costs, plus can cause trauma and fear. 

General public going about their own business, not wanting to be involved, often have to witness it, traumatising kids and woman and elderly. Affecting what they choose to do in life again. Where to go etc. 

Clubs that don't want anything to do with it. The majority of fans that don't want anything to do with it. The actions affect everyone associated with the club. Greater police presence, greater restrictions, higher costs etc, etc. 

What annoys me more, is that Blackpool FC are paying their respects to a man who went out of his way to attack Burnley fans at a pub designated for away fans. He was the aggressor, he went to harm/ injure a member of public. From the video you can clearly see him kick out and be the aggressor...he got punched and killed from someone retaliating. He could easily have been the murderer rather than deceased. 

Why would a football club offer it's respects, just because he was a life long supporter?  Would they have offered their respects if he had been the murderer? Respecting someone who went out of their way to cause damage, mame, injure another person in the name of Blackpool FC. It's all so hypocritical imo. 

Now his poor family have to live without him. All because of his selfish actions in the name of football. 

Ridiculous.

How is that different from driving so reckllessly that you crash and fly off so far from the road that it takes days to find the car, killing three people?

This takes up loads of police and emergency services time and leaves families bereaved.

Yet people aren't queueing up to call the driver in this recent fatal crash "pathetic" because it isn't one of their hobby horses.

Cardiff car crash: Mum criticises two-day search to find group

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64872517

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

How is that different from driving so reckllessly that you crash and fly off so far from the road that it takes days to find the car, killing three people?

This takes up loads of police and emergency services time and leaves families bereaved.

Yet people aren't queueing up to call the driver in this recent fatal crash "pathetic" because it isn't one of their hobby horses.

Holy whataboutism.

If he was driving recklessly or drunk etc. resulting in people dying then loads of people would be calling it out. What are you on about? How is this even relevant?

Is your point that people are accepting of reckless/drunk driving?? Bizarre.

I think you'll find drink driving or poor driving are many more people's "hobby horses" than football violence, imo.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Holy whataboutism.

If he was driving recklessly or drunk etc. resulting in people dying then loads of people would be calling it out. What are you on about? How is this even relevant?

Is your point that people are accepting of reckless/drunk driving?? Bizarre.

I think you'll find drink driving or poor driving are many more people's "hobby horses" than football violence, imo.

Not on this board they aren't.

And it's an absolutely clear parallel; trotting out a stock internet phrase doesn't change that.

12 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I haven't said it was. And I don't know the circumstances of this case.

However...anyone that does something on purpose that puts others lives at risk is imo, selfish and often pathetic. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, spudski said:

Ridiculous.

Bang on Spudski

Lighting the Blackpool Tower, squad and manager involvement, book of condolence, floral tributes. All wrong.

A hooligan cannot be scum to society in life and revered in death. What a confliction.

I truly hope we do nothing to facilitate a silence or clap on the weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Bang on Spudski

Lighting the Blackpool Tower, squad and manager involvement, book of condolence, floral tributes. All wrong.

A hooligan cannot be scum to society in life and revered in death. What a confliction.

I truly hope we do nothing to facilitate a silence or clap on the weekend.

Not just seen as scum by society, but also seen as scum and distanced by Football Clubs. 

The hypocrisy is ridiculous. 

The deceased went to injure other people in the name of Blackpool FC. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It is pathetic, putting on a coat with some goggles and chucking bottles at each other doesn't take guts. It's an easy way to think you're a big man and maybe throw a haymaker at someone. Fighting someone fairly in a ring or a cage takes guts which people like this don't have. I understand why someone would do it, it's an easy to way to get some adrenaline going, it's just moronic when anyone can go and have a proper fight in a room with mats where they're not going to have their head cracked open when they get knocked down.