IGNORED

Blackpool fan killed at weekend

BS15_RED

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Tbf the only place I've been in recent years, maybe the last five where I haven't got about much, where I thought "this is dog rough, I'm not hanging about here" was surprisingly Shepton Mallett on a Sunday afternoon.

That isn't a joke.  Though maybe I just caught it on an off day.

?‍♂️

23 hours ago, spudski said:

Think how hypocritical we are as humans, where we deplore violence in general,

We don't.

Think how hypocritical we are as humans, where we deplore violence in general, but will pay to watch and be entertained by boxing and cage fighting.

See that is not a deplore.

boxing and cage fighting.

Where I have been.

I do not deplore it.

On 07/03/2023 at 11:28, spudski said:

Where the intention is to knock someone out, injure them. Often the injuries life changing. And we pay to enjoy it, because it's legalised. Loosely..the only difference I can see, compared to hooliganism is it's controlled, legal, insured, rules. If someone dies from their injuries, it's seen as a tragic accident...yet the intention is to do as much harm as possible!

I have knocked opponents out.

You win by the means you win.

My intent was not to injure anybody.

My intent was to compete.

To challenge myself.

To keep pushing myself further.

To win a fight with my own fears.

To win.

To improve.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Through history at one point shepton mallet was the shooting capital, the jail had a wall riddled with bullets, think it was pows that got shot there but not sure 

They executed military prisoners - some GIs convicted of rape and murder during WW2 - there. 

• Like 2

On 07/03/2023 at 18:48, Eddie Hitler said:

Tbf the only place I've been in recent years, maybe the last five where I haven't got about much, where I thought "this is dog rough, I'm not hanging about here" was surprisingly Shepton Mallett on a Sunday afternoon.

On 08/03/2023 at 11:41, Red-Robbo said:

They executed military prisoners - some GIs convicted of rape and murder during WW2 - there. 

I visited Shepton Mallet prison and seen where the military prisoners were executed by firing squad in the prison yard. This isn't a joke what I am about to impart, but the firing squad executions had to be changed to indoor hangings at the prison because the locals complained about the noise.

I can imagine Mrs Smith ordering Mr Smith in their terraced house in Shepton Mallet to knock on the prison door to ask them to keep the bloody noise down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, handsofclay said:

I visited Shepton Mallet prison and seen where the military prisoners were executed by firing squad in the prison yard. This isn't a joke what I am about to impart, but the firing squad executions had to be changed to indoor hangings at the prison because the locals complained about the noise.

I can imagine Mrs Smith ordering Mr Smith in their terraced house in Shepton Mallet to knock on the prison door to ask them to keep the bloody noise down.

It is totally surrounded by housing, some only a few yards from the walls, so I suppose they had a point.

My first serious GF came from Shepton and I remember a romantic stroll through the town being slightly cheapened by the coarse suggestions shouted down by prisoners, as she and I passed arm-in-arm past the facility. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It is totally surrounded by housing, some only a few yards from the walls, so I suppose they had a point.

My first serious GF came from Shepton and I remember a romantic stroll through the town being slightly cheapened by the coarse suggestions shouted down by prisoners, as she and I passed arm-in-arm past the facility. 

Aimed at you?

• Haha 4

On 07/03/2023 at 18:48, Eddie Hitler said:

You caught it on a good day ?

• Haha 2

People say you shouldnt go to the football and never return home. Couldnt agree more.

When people go to the football looking for a fight, they dont deserve to represent their team, or even be there watching it.

RIP Tony.

On 07/03/2023 at 19:25, pillred said:

I don't have figures but just from memory (I'm 66) and have followed city home and away for 50 years I can confidently say yes you may have had seats thrown at you and be pelted with coins and pieces of wood, piss and yes that's you Chelsea and Cardiff, but carrying a knife to a match back in those days would have been a rarity.

Same age as you, correct in what you say , but having twenty idiots trying to kick the s@@t out of you was always “interesting “

• Like 1

4 hours ago, handsofclay said:

We did the prison tour at Shepton last year. It is a good tour. Claimed to have the highest prison walls in the UK. Well worth a visit with the wife if you have a free afternoon. Enjoyed it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

We did the prison tour at Shepton last year. It is a good tour. Claimed to have the highest prison walls in the UK. Well worth a visit with the wife if you have a free afternoon. Enjoyed it.

Is there an option to leave her there?

Asking for myself  

Edited by Slacker
  • Haha 13

On 06/03/2023 at 13:50, Jerseybean said:

This is most certainly not in the same league as this awful and tragic news, nevertheless, it is a related sickening and shameful reflection on our Club. I sometimes reach out to away fans, via their forums, to help inform the match thread. I got this response a couple of days ago from a Blackpool fan.

‘Hi, at the end of the 2001/2 season City came to Bloomfield Road on a promotion charge; Blackpool scrapping to avoid a relegation battle to the bottom division. City came in large numbers. The 5 -1 score line derailed City badly. Unfortunately, the behaviour of some of the Bristol fans was humiliating to their club. I was with my daughters aged 7 and 5 and we got attacked by about 10 City fans outside the ground (wholly unprovoked or stimulated) - until some older City fans (mainly older couples) stepped in (which I will always be grateful for). My girls were shaking and trembling, seeking protection behind my back. I had a bloody nose and bust lip. For that reason I see most of your support as the lowest life in the football league, having no ethics or integrity. You have a lovely city but Rovers are the only team I can respect and always come to Blackpool in larger 'nosier' numbers. That may be not what you wanted to hear but facts are facts, sorry. My son and his mate will be there on Saturday and I wish you all the best.‘

Something not right about this post ,first of all I thought yes this guy is right about the events ,sickening but did say that other City fans  jumped in to help out .But after that praise he went on to say we are all scum etc and Rovers are the Bristol team he respects . Same horse punching , boob cricket mob he means I presume ?

12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

So we are agreed that there should be no silence or handclap Saturday then?

Considering we haven’t had a proper minutes silence for Colin Sexstone, I won’t be honouring a hooligan 

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

On 06/03/2023 at 13:50, Jerseybean said:

This is most certainly not in the same league as this awful and tragic news, nevertheless, it is a related sickening and shameful reflection on our Club. I sometimes reach out to away fans, via their forums, to help inform the match thread. I got this response a couple of days ago from a Blackpool fan.

‘Hi, at the end of the 2001/2 season City came to Bloomfield Road on a promotion charge; Blackpool scrapping to avoid a relegation battle to the bottom division. City came in large numbers. The 5 -1 score line derailed City badly. Unfortunately, the behaviour of some of the Bristol fans was humiliating to their club. I was with my daughters aged 7 and 5 and we got attacked by about 10 City fans outside the ground (wholly unprovoked or stimulated) - until some older City fans (mainly older couples) stepped in (which I will always be grateful for). My girls were shaking and trembling, seeking protection behind my back. I had a bloody nose and bust lip. For that reason I see most of your support as the lowest life in the football league, having no ethics or integrity. You have a lovely city but Rovers are the only team I can respect and always come to Blackpool in larger 'nosier' numbers. That may be not what you wanted to hear but facts are facts, sorry. My son and his mate will be there on Saturday and I wish you all the best.‘

Looking like the guy will get his wish to respect the Fewers and indulge in a mutual wankfest next season in their mid-table League 1 scrap.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Looking like the guy will get his wish to respect the Fewers and indulge in a mutual wankfest next season in their mid-table League 1 scrap.

Which will probably result in a middling, mediocre scrap somewhere in north Bristol and in Lancashire away from football.

• Like 1