IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

3 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

The only surprise is Bell over Memehti but other than that with injuries it picks itself.  The big risk tonight is their CBS as set plays as all 3 are big units.

Mehmeti might have a slight injury or even be feeling under the weather for all we know. It is not something that Nigel would advertise to the opposition.

Bit disappointed to see Mehmeti drop to the bench but he'll likely get a run out.

As it seems highly unlikely that we'll be drawn  into any prospect of a relegation fight and the play offs are near impossible, the score tonight is not immensely significant. Experience for some of the academy subs can only be applauded.

Tonight is probably the last ever time we see Colin in the dug-out at a BCFC game so it would be delicious if we could say cheerio to him with a 5 or 6 nil destruction of his team but that's wishful thinking...maybe.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Williams out for the season, Kalas 6 weeks approx.

Is Williams out of contract soon? I don’t see how he fits in the long term plan.

Decent player and I really like his attitude, but unfortunately we need to move on.

• Like 2

We were doing well with Bell/Wells/Sykes fairly recently, give em a chance to see if they get going again, and Bells good run came on that side. TBF it's the one area we have alternatives, Mehmeti could be good against a tiring defence later on. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Spike said:

What in the absolute **** is that line up. Not happy with that at all. 

Kind of difficult not to pick that line up frankly, this one of the circumstances where the team picks itself on availability rather than form. 

Unless you stick kids in there are no alternatives, and a Warnock team at the bottom of the league at their place is not the night to be starting inexperienced youngsters

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think there might be a few goals tonight, hope we are on the right side of the result.

I was thinking that as well.

Would have preferred Mehmeti to Bell, but other than that the team picks itself.

Set pieces key, they have an advantage in that respect, but we can get at them - was looking forward to seeing Sykes and Mehmeti running at them.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Had a hunch it was next summer. I would only use him for rotation next season in that case.

He isn’t reliable to be first choice.

We will need one or two new CMs then. King will be out I think, Scott sold, James a year older, Massengo formally gone, Benarous back from injury hopefully but that's a 20 year-old who's had a season on the doctor's table. If Williams is reduced to a rotation player then you are essentially left with James plus what...3 new signings?

I think Williams will be key next season.