IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

26 minutes ago, lenred said:

Would love us to play on the ‘strange atmosphere’ that Robbins mentioned on Saturday and really come at them hard out of the traps and just keep going at them.   Even if this means we are open it would be worth the risk imho. However back in reality,  I think it will be incredibly tight and like all away games I’d be very happy with a point.   

Leaving aside the media obsessing over Warnock it must be a perplexing season if you’ve a Huddersfield fan.

Play off final last year, when they certainly got the rough end of a few penalty shouts, Corberan quits over budget cuts, so appoint his assistant (that sounds familiar), it doesn’t work, sack him early & go back to the route under Wagner of someone coaching in Germany, then sack him too & appoint a bloke who is 74.

From the outside a club that looked well run when they got to the Prem on a low budget seems to have completely taken leave of their senses.

Whatever happens tonight (& my hunch is an odd goal defeat) they look a mess & so no wonder the atmosphere up there is “strange”.

• Like 3

I would be tempted to switch back to the back 3/5 for this game given the players we have injured. The thought of Vyner and Pring/Tanner in a two worries me somewhat, whilst not ideal I think we need to be flexible and try something slightly different to ensure we don't just get bombarded at the back. We aren't going to win many first balls so important we have enough players around to pick up 2nd and 3rd balls, Pring is comfortable carrying the ball out and Tanner is an absolute warrior. This formation also potentially allows Wilson to get half hour if fit enough and can also be fluid in game by dropping Dasilva back and pushing Sykes on if needed. Far from ideal and wouldn't be my go to but needs must...

O'Leary

Tanner  Vyner    Pring

Sykes                                     Dasilva

James    Scott

Cornick                                   Mehmeti

Wells

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1
3 hours ago, lenred said:

Would love us to play on the ‘strange atmosphere’ that Robbins mentioned on Saturday and really come at them hard out of the traps and just keep going at them.   Even if this means we are open it would be worth the risk imho. However back in reality,  I think it will be incredibly tight and like all away games I’d be very happy with a point.   

Yes,, a draw will indeed be acceptable - however, I see the first goal should one come along as being particularly important..

Edited by Son of Fred
2 hours ago, hinsleburg said:

I would be tempted to switch back to the back 3/5 for this game given the players we have injured. The thought of Vyner and Pring/Tanner in a two worries me somewhat, whilst not ideal I think we need to be flexible and try something slightly different to ensure we don't just get bombarded at the back. We aren't going to win many first balls so important we have enough players around to pick up 2nd and 3rd balls, Pring is comfortable carrying the ball out and Tanner is an absolute warrior. This formation also potentially allows Wilson to get half hour if fit enough and can also be fluid in game by dropping Dasilva back and pushing Sykes on if needed. Far from ideal and wouldn't be my go to but needs must...

O'Leary

Tanner  Vyner    Pring

Sykes                                     Dasilva

James    Scott

Cornick                                   Mehmeti

Wells

Agree with a lot of this and I really wouldn't mind us experimenting a little. We're prevented by injuries from playing our strongest line up, yet are safely ensconced in mid table. So it's the time to play some wildcards and try things out. Don't mind your line up much, could work, might not work, might work a little bit.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Agree with a lot of this and I really wouldn't mind us experimenting a little. We're prevented by injuries from playing our strongest line up, yet are safely ensconced in mid table. So it's the time to play some wildcards and try things out. Don't mind your line up much, could work, might not work, might work a little bit.

Let's be pragmatic & get just a few more points on the board before the experiments.

• Like 3

Hi all!   I'm at a concert tonight, but should get home at least by 22.00. so hopefully will only miss the first 15 minutes. If we turn up, perhaps we will get all three points to give us our confidence back after two defeats.  Going to be a cold night there and here as well, could be down to minus 4 still that's not too bad for this time of the year. So Come On You Red's and see you later.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Judging my today’s u21 line-up, Kane Wilson and Marlee Francois will be the additions to the fit 16 to make 18.

I’d like to see Kane given a chance on the right, but will be Sykes based on merit and Andi up top I think which I have no qualms over 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Tonight is the night Cornick becomes a City player - I have a feeling he'll get off the mark.

Absolutely nothing whatsoever to base this on, certainly not previous performances. But I reckon he'll do okay this evening. 

Hope your right..........but to me, he looks unfit, lacking in physique and on a different wavelength to every other City player?    But apart from that he looks a stellar signing....who can only get better (PLEASE!) 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Every day of the week, mind you would have on Saturday, as well.

Expect us to line up;

O’Leary

Tanner Vyner Pring Dasilva

James Scott

Weimann

Sykes Wells Mehmeti 

With 2 gaps on the bench I’d expect Wilson & Francois to join Haikin, King, Cornick, Bell & Taylor-Clarke.

Very attacking line up. Might suit us just to go for it. Get an early goal and with their league position, heads will drop. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, spudski said:

My gut feeling is NP will set up this way.

_________________Max_________________

Tanner____Vyner_____Pring____DaSilva

_______Scott_____________James______

______________Weimann_______________

Sykes________________________Mehmeti

________________Wells_________________

I like that look of this lineup to be honest. Whatever happens I would like to see Wells lead the line from the start, fancy him to get on the scoresheet tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Hope your right..........but to me, he looks unfit, lacking in physique and on a different wavelength to every other City player?    But apart from that he looks a stellar signing....who can only get better (PLEASE!) 

This would be my only explanation for why Cornick hasn’t hit the ground running to be fair. He looks a yard off the pace at present, has to be down to fitness.

1 hour ago, Bris Red said:

This would be my only explanation for why Cornick hasn’t hit the ground running to be fair. He looks a yard off the pace at present, has to be down to fitness.

For info, Cornick completed the beep test at Luton, he’s a “runner”.  But his running gait (is that the right spelling) is a bit ungainly and that makes him a bit knackered-looking.

He is probably lacking that bit of match sharpness, granted…whilst also adapting to the way we play.  Getting both of those aspects sorted and we will hopefully see a Harry Cornick that is a PITA to play against.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I haven’t seen it mentioned, and I doubt it re rushing Wilson back, but I wouldn’t be that surprised to see Tanner CB and Sykes/Wiemann/Wilson in at RB instead of playing Jay.

I would be keen for that and would like to see Wilson get a run of games before the end of the season. He was a really exciting signing and it's a shame his fitness has not been there.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but this is a lovely interview with Colin.  He talks about how he lives Bristol and used to come to visit his daughter at Uni here in disguise.    Lots of memories about the banter with our fans going back to Palace play off semi final

Just now, Daniro said:

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but this is a lovely interview with Colin.  He talks about how he lives Bristol and used to come to visit his daughter at Uni here in disguise.    Lots of memories about the banter with our fans going back to Palace play off semi final

Loves Bristol - not lives - soz

• Like 1