IGNORED

Press conference

mightyreds89

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Fantastic comments on HNM. Delicious. As said many times, if 99% of other players had done what he’d done fans would bay for blood. But because he had big hair and a nice song he was seemingly untouchable 

I think it works both ways. 

Why would Massengo sign a new contract with us? We've been a shambles for the vast majority of his time here 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Massengo was not disruptive. Yes he waved goodbye as he thought he was leaving but when he didn’t leave he was not disruptive.  I’ve not wanted to be at my current employers for a year and am leaving next week but I’ve never been disruptive. Not sure it’s a big deal 

At a former employer of mine, can depend on role, sector etc- those who were leaving in a great many cases were out of the door that day.  Varies.

Massengo doesn't seem the type to disrupt or cause an unhappy camp IMO but never know eh.

1 minute ago, Roe said:

I think it works both ways. 

Why would Massengo sign a new contract with us? We've been a shambles for the vast majority of his time here 

Think the story is he wanted to stay, but He was asking for obscene money/pay rise. Thought he could earn that elsewhere instead but got frozen out (rightfully imo) which he probably didn’t expect 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

At a former employer of mine, can depend on role, sector etc- those who were leaving in a great many cases were out of the door that day.  Varies.

Massengo doesn't seem the type to disrupt or cause an unhappy camp IMO but never know eh.

Pearson said he wasn’t disruptive and I’m not sure why he’d lie so I think we do know 

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Pearson said he wasn’t disruptive and I’m not sure why he’d lie so I think we do know 

Now he is definitely outgoing barring summer compensation, I agree. Earlier in the season could have been a way to maintain value.

If he's said that today, now we know he won't be coming back post January loan yes I'm inclined to believe for sure.

24 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Think the story is he wanted to stay, but He was asking for obscene money/pay rise. Thought he could earn that elsewhere instead but got frozen out (rightfully imo) which he probably didn’t expect 

Who's story is that? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Now he is definitely outgoing barring summer compensation, I agree. Earlier in the season could have been a way to maintain value.

If he's said that today, now we know he won't be coming back post January loan yes I'm inclined to believe for sure.

He always was.

Didn’t want to sign a new contract & was playing really poorly when correctly dropped.

No one was going to buy him then & he vetoed at least one move away to a club in another country (Belgium) before joining Auxerre.

Just need to get some compensation from wherever he ends up next now & move on.

I think HNM made his mind up 18 months ago.

Perfectly happy with Nige not wanting players who don't want to be here and moving them on accordingly.

In this case it's worked out well for both parties. Han seems be having a good loan and we've saved a few quid on a player that rightly wasn't going to feature. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I think HNM made his mind up 18 months ago.

Perfectly happy with Nige not wanting players who don't want to be here and moving them on accordingly.

In this case it's worked out well for both parties. Han seems be having a good loan and we've saved a few quid on a player that rightly wasn't going to feature. 

Foe goodness sake, your post really isn't vitriolic enough for this thread..

• Haha 2

What a beaut of an interview that was.  Good questions too.

For those that haven’t listened / watched, re the players that have left in January:

- Massengo (didn’t want to be here)

- Martin (couldn’t get in the team)

- Klose (had lost his drive)

- Towler (good move for him, delighted he’s doing well, but realistically would still be behind Pring and Tanner for a CB slot)

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Plenty still

having a pop at Pearson for not playing him but there’s the truth . He didn’t want to be here 

His attitude must’ve been ok at the start of the season as he was getting minutes in fairness.

Realistically though it’s been a difficult three years for the club in general and certainly won’t have been what he expected when he signed for us so don’t blame him for wanting a fresh start.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Another brilliant, insightful and honest interview from Nige - in his word, “we did good business with those we brought in and brilliant business getting rid of those that left”

Bring on next season…..

Agreed. However I do miss bullshit bingo a bit too!!

The bollox spoken by LJ really gets shown up by Pearson. 

• Haha 1