IGNORED

Press conference

mightyreds89

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

What a beaut of an interview that was.  Good questions too.

For those that haven’t listened / watched, re the players that have left in January:

- Massengo (didn’t want to be here)

- Martin (couldn’t get in the team)

- Klose (had lost his drive)

- Towler (good move for him, delighted he’s doing well, but realistically would still be behind Pring and Tanner for a CB slot)

The one question I would have asked...is why didn't Massengo want to be here? 

Nige might not have given an answer, or said, ' ask him', but at least ask it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

For those that haven’t listened / watched, re the players that have left in January:

- Towler (good move for him, delighted he’s doing well, but realistically would still be behind Pring and Tanner for a CB slot)

Enjoyed it as well. For all the moaners saying we would of had cover blah blah .  These are the reasons. It’s better for the club. He makes decisions for the betterment of the club . This a great interview for the fans that think they know better than a very experienced professional football manager.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Great to hear NP desperately trying to convince himself that Connick   is a good signing...."He runs?"   Ha!   ....Yes!...I am being a little unkind, I know.

• Sad 1

I don’t get why some people can’t understand why Han wanted to leave when his contract ran out.

As a young lad he signed a contract for 4 years and at no point in that time did he want to finish that contract early, he was always very happy to stay for the full term. He never once wanted to leave before the end of his contract, even when offered a loan move to Birmingham he said he liked it in Bristol too much and would rather fight for his place here, which he did and then won his place back and wasn’t dropped the rest of the season once Pearson took over.

But he’s not English, he’s not Bristolian, he’s not a born Bristol City fan. He’s experienced English football loved it despite playing for a team that for the majority of that time was struggling and got through 3 managers and decided once his contract was up he’d like to experience something different.

He had reached a point where he needed a change in his career and that’s what he’s chosen. It’s that simple.

• Like 4

Massengo never developed much past the player he was when he arrived. 

No one knows here who did or didn’t come in for him until this transfer window unless they work at the club.

However he has gone and it gets my vote. I hope he turns it on and does well, but his future was never going to be at Bristol City as he just didn’t add enough! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roe said:

I think it works both ways. 

Why would Massengo sign a new contract with us? We've been a shambles for the vast majority of his time here 

I mean I don't think Alex Scott would agree with that. 

Simple fact is that HNM had every opportunity to be in the same position as Scott had he been as consistent and talented. HNM had a lot of potential but it's clear to see that he thought he was above us but he'd not shown us with his performances that he had any right to feel that way. I'm glad he's gone and even more so that we have a manager who said "if he doesn't want to be here let's move him on!" 

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

On the first point, spot on.

Whoever it was that was up first from Radio Bristol (Ed Hadwin?) was excellent, James Piercy, as usual, excellent. The 3rd one to speak always fills me with dread that it is going to be that idiot Jordan Jones, but although I have no idea who it was, it definitely wasn’t him & they also asked decent questions & covered Duncan Idehen, which the first two didn’t.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

I agree with what NP says about players not wanting to be here but massengo started games earlier this season so clearly  the huddersfield 'goodbye' wasnt a problem.

Was birmingham away his last appearance? If so that team performance of which he was part of seems to have been the final straw  

Yes it was.

I wouldn’t lose sight of the probability that stuff is going on behind the scenes all the time.

We’ve known for some while he wouldn’t sign another contract & so I do think it is an exaggeration that it was all down to Huddersfield, but once he stops making an effective contribution & we know he’s been dead set on leaving for ages it makes sense to have a clean break.

If we had used him 4 or 5 times in the remaining games what does it prove? He will leave in June no matter what.

Giving Taylor-Clarke a bit of pitch time & getting King to fill in short term is more sensible.

• Like 3

On 10/03/2023 at 20:01, Davefevs said:

Good summary Fevs. 

Towler aside the way he spoke of the others was pretty damning. HNM the most negative but Martin and Klose didn’t come out it very well either in the way he said what he did.