IGNORED

Swansea City away match thread

4 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Omar Taylor - Clarke starting 

Fair play to him.  Lot of running needed today for an opponent like Swansea (so makes sense)?  Instead of King, or alongside King to allow Scott to go into the more advanced role?

Any other team news?  Ta

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fair play to him.  Lot of running needed today for an opponent like Swansea (so makes sense)?  Instead of King, or alongside King to allow Scott to go into the more advanced role?

Any other team news?  Ta

Don’t know any other team news unfortunately Dave just that he’s starting. COYR!

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Why go to Swansea for a walk?  We’ve got Severn Beach

67352B3D-A175-435B-91E9-2F8D536E1711.jpeg

Went there yesterday and it's not a bad walk to be fair, when they finish the new flood and ecology defences it will be a energy sapping trip all the way to Aust. 

Back to the streaming, are some clubs so IT illiterate that they don't understand VPN technology, or do some have shares in those companies? 

14 hours ago, RedM said:

I've been staying here a couple of days and got to admit I am very envious of Swansea. Less than 30 minutes away they have stunning beaches, absolutely breathtaking, and we have Weston!

IMG_20230318_183749.jpg

IMG-20230318-WA0025.jpeg

IMG_20230318_123216.jpg

Wales has fantastic unspoilt beaches, some national trust, all along the west coast and up to Anglesey.

Traeth Mwnt is a favourite, great for kids, lovely beach and bottle nosed dolphins can be seen from the beach or on the cliff (Cardigan Bay has the biggest pod of bottle nosed dolphins in Europe apparently).

Anyway, hopefully James is fit and Tanner returns from illness.

Will we line up as usual or with two up top as we did for a large part of the game at Luton ? Maybe Conway back on the bench ?

A point would be good, but I fancy a 2-1 win for us today ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Feel like this might be a good game to judge City’s appetite to battle.  After Wednesday’s disappointing start to the game, and below par performance overall, the players have a chance to show it was a rare showing as they go up against Swansea for the 4th time this season.

I think Tanner will be back, so the back four picks itself.  Questions whether OTC might make his first start over King, or we might even play a front two after the little tweak second half v Luton.  Would be good to see Matty James back if fit.

At least we should be able to play on the counter as Swansea like to get their fullbacks into high positions.

49 minutes ago, basshead said:

Omar will start today.

Would like to see him start every game between now and end of season , we’ve got nothing to play for give him the game time and judge him at end season . Is he a starter for next season, squad player or needs a loan spell 

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Harry Darling, Ben Cabango, Nathan Wood, Ryan Manning; Liam Walsh, Matt Grimes (captain); Luke Cundle, Joel Piroe, Olivier Ntcham; Liam Cullen.  

Substitutes: Andreas Søndergaard, Jamie Paterson, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Naughton, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve. 

So much hate being thrown at Cornick on twitter, I know he's not been great but he's also not being given a consistent run so of course it's going to take him longer to get settled in the team. 

Regardless of what people think he's our player and Nigel obviously sees something in him, turning on him so soon is not going to help and attacking him for not getting goals even no-one seems to be scoring in that central role seems unfair imo

• Like 16
Just now, Spike said:

So much hate being thrown at Cornick on twitter, I know he's not been great but he's also not being given a consistent run so of course it's going to take him longer to get settled in the team. 

Regardless of what people think he's our player and Nigel obviously sees something in him, turning on him so soon is not going to help and attacking him for not getting goals even no-one seems to be scoring in that central role seems unfair imo

Quite agree, got to give him a chance, I'm sure he will get better as he gets an understanding with the players around him. Too early to make a opinion yet, we will see!

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

It says more about Twitter than it does about Cornick

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1