IGNORED

Swansea City away match thread

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Nothing wrong in what you have said the main thrust of my argument is that we have been in the position we currently are so many times under various owners not just SL  so I can completely understand the frustration that a lot of supporters feel and with 46 years behind you you too must feel frustrated yourself at the way we keep being in the position we find ourselves in yet again though I'm sure a full strength side probably would have beaten Swansea, and injuries, another recuring theme as well, are we cursed? sometimes it feels we are. 

To be honest I've got no issue at all if you find it a bit more frustrating at the moment than I do. That's all good, we don't all think the same way and I can't argue that whilst this team is improving it's also bloody frustrating at the same time. Nature of the beast given the way Nige is building the side from scratch. What I don't like is some of the vitriol that gets thrown about when we lose a couple of games. For example the guy who said Warwick Davis would beat Jay Dasilva in the air probably wouldn't win a single header against him if he was given ten chances down the local park with five grand riding on it.

I understand the argument that they're on £8K per week so they can take a bit of criticism.......and no doubt they all can and do.....but it does seem that we have a larger than it should be minority on here who live for the defeats so that they can have a moan and that gets lost with the fans who are disappointed out of genuine frustration.....like yourself.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Bizarre isn't it, that we are probably going to finish in or around the same points as last season (55), but this campaign feels more than about points. We've reduced the playing budget, managed the transition of a large number of Academy players, shifted players that either don't want to be here, or we can't afford, whilst getting £10+m for a player that could easily have done a Fammy on us.

Whilst all of that has been going on, our crowd average has gone over 20k for the first time in a long long time. There are positives, but as a squad it still feels that we are a long way off being around the top 6 places.

Exactly what Nige said. I would be a lot more worried if he was spouting off crap that "we aren't far away now", "almost there", "couple of signings away" blah blah blah. He knows what is needed and, as yet, we don't have anywhere near enough of what we need. The good run we recently had was a double edged sword in that it raised expectation levels to nowhere near where they ought to be given the squad depth we (don't) have. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’m quite enjoying it…I see a plan being executed, carefully, methodically whilst we get out of the mess.  This summer will be the first one we can be proactive in the market.  Having said that I don’t see recruitment solving everything in one window either.  But continued progress excites me.  And progress isn’t about points this season per se either.  Circumstances and all that.  But we are on the right lines.

Last week sealed it for me when we beat Blackpool. I know they were rank but when was the last time you saw us control a game like that and have something to show for it? It showed me what we might be watching against better sides than Blackpool if we can get the right players in. The intent was there, the sort of football Nige wants us to play was obvious. Unfortunately for us we don't get to see it on a consistent basis...............yet.

• Like 4