IGNORED

Swansea City away match thread

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Must admit I’m starting to doubt that O’Leary is the long term answer. The error rate has been poor recently.

Preston, Cardiff and now Swansea in recent weeks.

I never doubted it. Hes never been good enough and just because hes an academy product does not mean the love-in for players from there means weve got to keep going with him. But hes got himself a nice new contract now so there we go. ?

Yet another pathetic goalless away performance against another crap team to go with truly woeful performances against the divisions powerhouses, Cardiff, Reading and Birmingham, we are so so far away from being a decent team and please don’t tell me about injuries, every team has them (not that I’m convinced ours would make any difference )

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
Just now, harrys said:

Yet another pathetic goalless away performance against another crap team to go with truly woeful performances against the divisions powerhouses, Cardiff, Reading and Birmingham, we are so so far away from being a decent team and please don’t tell me about injuries, every team has them (not that I’m convinced ours would make any difference )

No win in 6. No clean sheets in 14. And we barely put a glove on them! ?

3 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

We aren’t creating anything our passing is shit I’d say 3 shots on target in 2 games pathetic , no passion from bench or on pitch , players already on their summer hols

I think you are right. But surprised and disappointed that Pearson has not got them fired up for these games. Particularly when he talked of going in to the break with a good performance. 

6 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Without Vyner we’d have been beaten even more convincing. 

Defensively I agree. But his distribution has been very poor today. As has Dasilva's albeit in a different way - he just seems unable to see his colleagues making runs into space - its so frustrating that several times a simple ball by him would have set up a break, but he just misses it, takes another touch, plays it back.

11 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

…. Plus you’ve got posters fighting with each other.

Hardly a new thing on here, there will always be differences of opinions, just needs to be a little more respectful. Never understood why people can't agree to disagree and why everything has to be an argument rather than a discussion/debate. That said I wouldn't say Toxic, more unable to have a grown-up discussion.

• Like 1

IMO despite the positive bias offered throughout by Robins TV the result reflected the balance of play. Largely we were second best today, while they played neat and tidy possession football and created clearer scoring opportunities. Sometimes you have to  acknowledge being beaten by a team that played better on the day. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, harrys said:

Our squad is quite thin and it got thinner in January.

Hakin in, Bentley out

Klose and Towler out

Massengo out

Semenyo and Martin out, Cornick and Mehmeti in

Granted Towler was out on loan anyway. Low joined him out on loan in January, Bajic too.

We are decimated in the midfield with injuries.

We are weakened at the back- one of those CMs is key tactically in the sense that we can switch in-game between a back 3 and 4. Naismith and only Naismith gives us that possibility. Kalas and Atkinson is on paper arguably our best CB pairing though Vyner this season has been excellent.

I would start Mehmeti every game.

Wilson is just coming back now has been missing for months- fit but not necessarily match fit- Benarous all season. Conway gives us something different up front too. Or would if he was fit.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Been good - one bright spark. 

We started with the wrong team and Pearson must take some blame for picking cornick again. 

Think getting Kane Wilson back on the pitch finally might be another but not too many of them.

Seems we were denied a clear penalty at 1-0 & had a goal chalked off for offside but we’re punchless at present.

Need Conway back & having Naismith & James back will certainly help.
As for Haikin I’m not sure we see him as a long term part of the squad, if he doesn’t get an opportunity with so few games left I won’t be surprised if we look elsewhere this summer.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Defensively I agree. But his distribution has been very poor today. As has Dasilva's albeit in a different way - he just seems unable to see his colleagues making runs into space - its so frustrating that several times a simple ball by him would have set up a break, but he just misses it, takes another touch, plays it back.

Vyner distribution not poor but perhaps not of the very high standard of a few weeks ago. 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Our squad is quite thin and it got thinner in January.

Hakin in, Bentley out

Klose and Towler out

Massengo out

Semenyo and Martin out, Cornick and Mehmeti in

Granted Towler was out on loan anyway.

We are decimated in the midfield with injuries.

We are weakened at the back- one of those CMs is key tactically in the sense that we can switch in-game between a back 3 and 4. Naismith and only Naismith gives us that possibility. Kalas and Atkinson is on paper arguably our best CB pairing.

I would start Mehmeti every game.

Wilson is just coming back now has been missing for months- fit but not necessarily match fit- Benarous all season. Conway gives us something different up front too. Or would if he was fit.

Semenyo is by far our biggest miss

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

So missing James, Naismith, Kalas, Baker, Atkinson, Williams and Conway would not make any difference? Can you explain why ? 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

IMO despite the positive bias offered throughout by Robins TV the result reflected the balance of play. Largely we were second best today, while they played neat and tidy possession football and created clearer scoring opportunities. Sometimes you have to  acknowledge being beaten by a team that played better on the day. 

That's a fair assessment, but what's frustrating is that for all their neat and tidy football you could see why Swansea are on the terrible run they are and you could see why they've thrown away so many leads recently. They were the better team...but they weren't really that convincing.