IGNORED

Swansea City away match thread

1 minute ago, Percy Pig said:

I don't think you can level that criticism at them, plenty to criticise last couple of games but not the effort. They're still running their nuts off. 

I wasn’t criticising the effort. Far from it - that’s the one thing we haven’t lacked 

Injuries have killed the momentum just as we were seeing some progress  . Atkinson, Naismith, Kalas, James - that’s the spine of the team 

The last 8 games will be dead rubbers 

• Like 3

Small squad,  FFP & too many injuries mounting up. The international break can't come quickly enough. Believe it or not with the work already done by NP we will be in a better place next season. I think Swansea have a lot of offloading to do looking at their financial situation.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Pathetic. We may be safe and have no chance of play offs but it isn't too much to expect Nige to motivate this team to play with some fight.  

I wouldn’t blame NP for not motivating the players. The problem is we’ve got the bare bones of a squad and when everyone is fit we’re ok. As soon as a few injuries occur the strength in depth isn’t there 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I've not seen much toxicity, frustrated but fair criticism, Max has been awful today and I like Max, sometimes when a player plays poorly they need to be called out.

…. Plus you’ve got posters fighting with each other.

10 minutes ago, grifty said:

We are garbage.

9 minutes ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Bloody awful

7 minutes ago, Buster said:

Total shit show not one good player today not one. 

6 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Pathetic. We may be safe and have no chance of play offs but it isn't too much to expect Nige to motivate this team to play with some fight.  

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Oh no no no. Dont you know he was picked because of his superior distribution to Bentley?? And apparently a better gk than Bentley too! ??? 

New No 1 GK required this summer please. 

Might already be here in Haikin, hope he'll get some game time at some point. He was/is very well-regarded and a big part of Bodo-Glimt's success in Europe (and the league).

4 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Oh no no no. Dont you know he was picked because of his superior distribution to Bentley?? And apparently a better gk than Bentley too! ??? 

New No 1 GK required this summer please. 

Must admit I’m starting to doubt that O’Leary is the long term answer. The error rate has been poor recently.

Preston, Cardiff and now Swansea in recent weeks.

Just now, Percy Pig said:

Fair enough, Andy. I usually take "they're on holiday already" or variations on the theme to mean "they're not trying". 

Agree on the dead rubbers, but be interesting to see how we can the team functioning when we have a few of the names you list back fit.

I think there's a valid argument there that we might have lost some edge now, not just because of small squad fatigue, but also the lack of an objective. 

Alex Scott is a possible example for me. He's still doing the km, but some sloppiness is creeping into his game, and I just wonder if a part of his mindset, conscious or unconscious, is distracted or detached.

Just a theory.