IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

28 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

He might support them but he ain't so daft as to sign for that bunch of losers. 

I expect he'd rather like being in a team that's seventh in the Prem and to be earning squillions of quid, but let's face it where any upward-bound player goes is based on an equation to do with money and likely/promised game time. Sometimes, a favoured manager will swing it, but I'd suggest for most professionals it comes down to cash + opportunities.  

If there was an offer from Man City and I was Alex I would jump at it.

May not get much game time initially as that is how Pep works, but in the medium term it could be a great  move for him, surrounded by excellent players and being coached by the best in the business.

Nathan Ake is a great example, went there as a thought, a squad filler, took him a year to get the way they play and now starts every game.

If Man City is not an option than Brighton would be a good, if different option. My only concern would be whether that can hold on to their coach, lot of management changes predicted in Serie A and I would have thought he would be a target.

Equally, as many have said, Dortmund would be a good option for the lad.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

For AS it needs to be a club on the up, not one that could face upheaval due to relegation or change of ownership/manager regime.

No need to chase the money, that will come with the right choice, if he decides to leave.

Mr Barton's mouth is always open.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nugget said:

Well, his post award interview has given some hint of wanting to stay. Could just be good media training & not the right setting to say otherwise!

IF Alex does decide to stay another year or two, I would hope that we play him in one position in the side. I'm not going to say which, as I'm not qualified to do so, but Pearson and his coaches are.

By deciding which is his most promising and productive place in the team, I suggest it would also be a big benefit in the long run, to his growth towards top Premier and England, combined with a more significant sale price. 

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

If there was an offer from Man City and I was Alex I would jump at it.

May not get much game time initially as that is how Pep works, but in the medium term it could be a great  move for him, surrounded by excellent players and being coached by the best in the business.

Nathan Ake is a great example, went there as a thought, a squad filler, took him a year to get the way they play and now starts every game.

If Man City is not an option than Brighton would be a good, if different option. My only concern would be whether that can hold on to their coach, lot of management changes predicted in Serie A and I would have thought he would be a target.

Equally, as many have said, Dortmund would be a good option for the lad.

Not sure about Man City, he could be buried under the talent there, would think Brighton, Villa, or hopefully Spurs. The latter I would consider a good fit.

47 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

IF Alex does decide to stay another year or two, I would hope that we play him in one position in the side. I'm not going to say which, as I'm not qualified to do so, but Pearson and his coaches are.

By deciding which is his most promising and productive place in the team, I suggest it would also be a big benefit in the long run, to his growth towards top Premier and England, combined with a more significant sale price. 

I’d play him in central midfield.  I’m not qualified either, but this is a forum, so go for it.

20 hours ago, Nugget said:

Well, his post award interview has given some hint of wanting to stay. Could just be good media training & not the right setting to say otherwise!

It might be that he intends to wind his contract down, which would be a disaster for the club.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

…not unless he led the charge to our promotion. Hardly a disaster

Amen to that but it's the hope that kills you.

I'd be delighted if he was here next year, but not if he doesn't sign a new contract. We need more than a few players in and from what I can see much of it will be funded by Alex Scott's sale.

• Like 1

I’m going to go out on a limb and say he will be here next season, I just don’t think clubs will fork out the money quoted for him. It’s a lot of money for someone with his “record”, although we know if he did go it would be down to potential. He still needs to do more for me, impact the games more.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 2

10 minutes ago, Searles said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say he will be here next season, I just don’t think clubs will fork out the money quoted for him. It’s a lot of money for someone with his “record”, although we know if he did go it would be down to potential. He still needs to do more for me, impact the games more.

His record is perfect for most of the clubs in the Prem, if he was their own player they would have been loaning him out to Championship clubs at 17/18/19 to get experience. 

All that has been done for them, now they can reap the benefits.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

His record is perfect for most of the clubs in the Prem, if he was their own player they would have been loaning him out to Championship clubs at 17/18/19 to get experience. 

All that has been done for them, now they can reap the benefits.

I think you have misunderstood my point, it is impossible for his record to be “perfect”, a handful of goals and assists is not good enough for someone with his role in the side. We know he offers more, but not £25 million more, not at this stage.

Now if he had got 5 goals and 10 assists last season then yes, this on top of his all round game would mean clubs spending the money. He didn’t achieve that, he should have in my opinion.

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

42 minutes ago, Searles said:

I think you have misunderstood my point, it is impossible for his record to be “perfect”, a handful of goals and assists is not good enough for someone with his role in the side. We know he offers more, but not £25 million more, not at this stage.

Now if he had got 5 goals and 10 assists last season then yes, this on top of his all round game would mean clubs spending the money. He didn’t achieve that, he should have in my opinion.

The assists figure is not as important as the chances created figure. His was in the 40's, one of the highest in the league.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

The assists figure is not as important as the chances created figure. His was in the 40's, one of the highest in the league.

Absolutely, too much made of assists, they come in all shapes and sizes, and can depend who’s on the end of them too.  I would use the Conway (Blackburn away) goal as an example, did great work dribbling out of defence to feed Weimann, who got the assist.  Scott gets nothing for that.  Well, okay he actually gets a Second Assist on Wyscout, but nobody looks at that.

I do think he needs to improve in this area, but we should also remind ourselves that he has played the large proportion of his minutes in CM, not as an AM/10.

IMG_7290.jpeg.a6c26759ff356703fb6fcd15690daf66.jpeg

He got 4 goals last season, so we know he can do it…in fact some were from RWB.

It might be a reason why the big, big clubs might not fork out the money we want, but I’m sure he’s on their radar for all the other bits of his game.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Absolutely, too much made of assists, they come in all shapes and sizes, and can depend who’s on the end of them too.  I would use the Conway (Blackburn away) goal as an example, did great work dribbling out of defence to feed Weimann, who got the assist.  Scott gets nothing for that.  Well, okay he actually gets a Second Assist on Wyscout, but nobody looks at that.

I do think he needs to improve in this area, but we should also remind ourselves that he has played the large proportion of his minutes in CM, not as an AM/10.

IMG_7290.jpeg.a6c26759ff356703fb6fcd15690daf66.jpeg

He got 4 goals last season, so we know he can do it…in fact some were from RWB.

It might be a reason why the big, big clubs might not fork out the money we want, but I’m sure he’s on their radar for all the other bits of his game.

I think the other bits are the more impressive elements of his game. His tackling, driving with the ball, decision making. This is what has made him stand out. I still don’t think it’s enough to get the money we want though. 

On 03/05/2023 at 10:52, Percy Pig said:

My mate who works at Brighton's academy is saying that the whole building is talking about Alex replacing Mac Alister this summer. A lot of buzz about it apparently. 

As much as I would like Alex to stay with us for another season, living in Brighton it would be perfect for him to come here but I do know people and players at the club and they have all said they no nothing about him joining. Not saying its not true of course as Brighton are like City in transfer deals in keeping things quiet but they know nothing about a potential deal..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, M.D said:

As much as I would like Alex to stay with us for another season, living in Brighton it would be perfect for him to come here but I do know people and players at the club and they have all said they no nothing about him joining. Not saying its not true of course as Brighton are like City in transfer deals in keeping things quiet but they know nothing about a potential deal..

I think any deal (if any) will gather pace after the u20 WC.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think any deal (if any) will gather pace after the u20 WC.

Total sense there Dave. Would expect him to just concentrate on the WC first. Then seek his future after. What are the dates for the WC ? His agent must be getting clubs asking about him now one would of thought. So difficult to ignore it all till after WC

Just my thoughts 

COYR