IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

In my mind, there is no doubt that in the future, we'll see Alex playing in an England midfield of him, Bellingham and Rice. 

England just don't produce players like Scott. He is a unique talent. Within a few years Alex, in my opinion, could be another 80-100 million pound player. 

We have lots of interest despite the price tag we've put on him, because he is an incredible talent. 

We all saw his performance against Man City. He is ready for Premier league football. 

I think people don't realise that premier league clubs have not even returned to pre season training yet. I think that's what the hesitancy is about, rather than the fee.

The Declan Rice deal still hasn't been completed. When that goes through and other clubs sell and make signings then I fully expect to see real concrete bids put in for Scott. It's that classic domino effect.

Good point about pre-season training, they do seem to start later I guess.

Agree with many things you say on Scott, clearly West Ham moving forward is somewhat contingent on Rice money. How many midfielders they will look to sign is another question, Zakaria from Juventus is one such name who is meant to be joining for £17m but I'd be surprised if he is their only CM signing.

In any event, one more year of Scott would suit just fine. I'd like to see what he can do in a side that has truly stabilised on and off the pitch after the fire fighting of his first 12-18 months in a City shirt.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Just seen this on Twitter. 

IMG_0400.png

I read the whole thing and What a load of crap. Basically said Moyes sabotaged the meeting as they were presenting stuff to Alex….who absolutely wouldn’t have been there. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Can't help thinking these Prem clubs baulk at the idea of paying 25m to the likes of City, they would be only too happy if it was WBA or Southampton, but we're not giving all this cash to little clubs !

I don't think they would worry about us being given their cash, we aren't a threat to them at all are we. But they could have the mindset of are "little Bristol City"really going to have a player of the quality they might consider.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Can't help thinking these Prem clubs baulk at the idea of paying 25m to the likes of City, they would be only too happy if it was WBA or Southampton, but we're not giving all this cash to little clubs !

Yes I have thought that for quite sometime. 

In Scotts case if he stays injury free it’s only a matter of time that someone pays, IMO. 

54 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don't think they would worry about us being given their cash, we aren't a threat to them at all are we. But they could have the mindset of are "little Bristol City"really going to have a player of the quality they might consider.

Yes agree with this too. However I think that is changing. You only have to look at Kelly Webster Brownhill even Ayling. Add Scott in Conway Pring and now allegedly Vyner and the hard work of Timion and his staff will get recognized 

If it doesn’t. So much the better. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes agree with this too. However I think that is changing. You only have to look at Kelly Webster Brownhill even Ayling. Add Scott in Conway Pring and now allegedly Vyner and the hard work of Timion and his staff will get recognized 

If it doesn’t. So much the better. 

I think we all appreciate that he, like others you mention, is a quality player. Just like we also accept that we can't hold on to these type of players at our level. 

Premier League clubs must obviously be scouring the lower leagues for a bargain, but they are also used to buying from eachother and spending millions and millions on more proven players. If Arsenal sign someone from ManU or Chelsea their fans are impressed, when they are linked with someone like us, not so much, even though our player might be only half or a quarter of the Chelsea price. 

Its like that throughout the league though, football pecking order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Adam Wharton reportedly leaving Blackburn for £15m, or that is his price tag anyway.

Similar age in fact 6 months younger but much less experience.

Screenshot_20230708-232700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bccf060894bab95b0b1039aad3106b38.jpg

He’s probably the closest stylistically to Alex Scott in the Championship.  Good player, but there’s a reason he only played 1055 mins this season for Blackburn…and that’s because he’s not as good as Scott.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

He’s probably the closest stylistically to Alex Scott in the Championship.  Good player, but there’s a reason he only played 1055 mins this season for Blackburn…and that’s because he’s not as good as Scott.

Even they know it. I like Wharton very much but he's definitely Alex Scott lite

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/forum/4-blackburn-rovers-fans-messageboard/

Alex Scott is touted at 22 million, Wharton is not at his level yet

Alex Scott looks a level above Wharton right now

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Even they know it. I like Wharton very much but he's definitely Alex Scott lite

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/forum/4-blackburn-rovers-fans-messageboard/

Alex Scott is touted at 22 million, Wharton is not at his level yet

Alex Scott looks a level above Wharton right now

Yep agreed. Scott is both superior and further along in his development.

Reinforces the £25m price tag justification.

28 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Don’t think FI are particularly strong when it comes to breaking news. Let’s hope this is also nonsense. 

Can depend on who it is reporting for them. They broke the Dickie and Roberts Medicals/signings. But that article re Scott doesn’t really say much at all tbh. 

• Like 1

On 08/07/2023 at 12:32, Davefevs said:

There’s not promising a player minutes and not promising a player minutes but selling the club, the journey at the same time.  I’ve no idea whether this is true or not, but I’d like to be (?), so it gives more likelihood of Alex being here next season.

We don’t know when this happened, and it’s possible that to do remotely, Alex in Austria, his reps there in person with West Ham reps, or combos of.

Even in the 90s players were using mobile phones to do transfers (apart from the physical signing) whilst on holidays.

Ive just woke up , its early.  Ive not have coffee.  So I could be well wide of the mark here.  If so forgive me.

I thought the same as someone mentioned above.  Perhaps it was a zoom meeting.  That could easy explain Austria etc.

BUT ... I thought that Alex would not be allowed to speak to WH unless a bid had been accepted?  Or doees WH only require BCFC permission?

I appreciate WH are allowed to talk to Alex's representatives,  But to actually officially talk to Alex himself I thought they required permission?

I might have missed something somewhere, so apologies if I have

6 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Was with a Wolves supporting mate on the weekend who may (or may not) be close to a few people on the inside up there and he was adamant Wolves are well and truly in for Scott 

Apologies if been mentioned but not read the whole thread just thought would chuck it in 

Wolves won't pay 25 million we want, until a club meets our asking price he is going nowhere, it also seems everyone involved seems content in that,

So much chat and it is all just recycled and was there at the very start of the window - same clubs, same fees, same 'interested in'. Just this thread has gone off on a tangent about every footballer in the world, plus any tweet that comes out about Scott.

Truly believe that £25 million is too much money for the teams touted as interested, as he has no prem experience and won't be a guaranteed hit in his first season, which West Ham and Wolves need, and Spurs have just got Maddison, and are after 2 central defenders, and Levy isn't a massive spender. AS also seems like a clever lad and wants first team football, and that isn't guaranteed when making the step up, he knows he has time on his side to play in the prem. Think he'll be here next season, and hopefully sign a contract stopping him leaving on a free. Also seems very happy in pre season.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BCFCAL said:

So much chat and it is all just recycled and was there at the very start of the window - same clubs, same fees, same 'interested in'. Just this thread has gone off on a tangent about every footballer in the world, plus any tweet that comes out about Scott.

Truly believe that £25 million is too much money for the teams touted as interested, as he has no prem experience and won't be a guaranteed hit in his first season, which West Ham and Wolves need, and Spurs have just got Maddison, and are after 2 central defenders, and Levy isn't a massive spender. AS also seems like a clever lad and wants first team football, and that isn't guaranteed when making the step up, he knows he has time on his side to play in the prem. Think he'll be here next season, and hopefully sign a contract stopping him leaving on a free. Also seems very happy in pre season.

You may be right but they would be short sighted. You sign Alex for the player he's going to become not the player he is now.

Given that Wolves and West Ham spent an awful lot of money last year and got worse their recruitment doesn't seem very smart.

37 minutes ago, BCFCAL said:

I don't know why you would think that. Wolves appear to have £30M profit on this summers dealings, West Ham are looking at £100M from Rice. Brighton having already done 2 £20M deals and look like getting in £75M from Moisés Caicedo's potential move. Liverpool have been linked, now they will probably be looking at starters but money wouldn't be a problem for them. The money is there, I think he's worth £25M easily as he's already shown what he can do in the Championship and is still improving. 
It's all a game this time of the year, players to start might be brought in early to get used to the squad etc. With Scott there would be no rush as he would be seen as one for the future and would not be rushed. I don't think we will see serious enquiries for a few weeks, then it will be up to those Clubs to put up or shut up as we don't need to sell and it is harder for us to replace so will be less keen. 
IMHO, if he goes this summer we will get around the fee mentioned.

22 hours ago, Rocky said:

They paid their £8 for a blue tick, so they must be legit.

21 hours ago, Street red said:

Not sure but Brian tinnion follows the page 

I too follow pages purely for the lols it gives

53 minutes ago, BCFCAL said:

There's both recent and aged precedents of this with the club.  I think I read that Ross McCrorie did this at Aberdeen to ensure that the club got fair value, something we will have been aware of.  And further back, Darren Barnard did the same for us when Danny Wilson was coming in for him at Barnsley after their promotion to the prem.

3 hours ago, soultrader said:

Ive just woke up , its early.  Ive not have coffee.  So I could be well wide of the mark here.  If so forgive me.

I thought the same as someone mentioned above.  Perhaps it was a zoom meeting.  That could easy explain Austria etc.

BUT ... I thought that Alex would not be allowed to speak to WH unless a bid had been accepted?  Or doees WH only require BCFC permission?

I appreciate WH are allowed to talk to Alex's representatives,  But to actually officially talk to Alex himself I thought they required permission?

I might have missed something somewhere, so apologies if I have

West Ham need permission from City to talk to Alex or his Agents, whether they’ve bid or not.  Whether they follow protocol or not is unknown.

• Thanks 1

On 08/07/2023 at 16:25, W-S-M Seagull said:

In my mind, there is no doubt that in the future, we'll see Alex playing in an England midfield of him, Bellingham and Rice. 

England just don't produce players like Scott. He is a unique talent. Within a few years Alex, in my opinion, could be another 80-100 million pound player. 

We have lots of interest despite the price tag we've put on him, because he is an incredible talent. 

We all saw his performance against Man City. He is ready for Premier league football. 

I think people don't realise that premier league clubs have not even returned to pre season training yet. I think that's what the hesitancy is about, rather than the fee.

The Declan Rice deal still hasn't been completed. When that goes through and other clubs sell and make signings then I fully expect to see real concrete bids put in for Scott. It's that classic domino effect.

Too early to call that surely? 

36 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I don't know why you would think that. Wolves appear to have £30M profit on this summers dealings, West Ham are looking at £100M from Rice. Brighton having already done 2 £20M deals and look like getting in £75M from Moisés Caicedo's potential move. Liverpool have been linked, now they will probably be looking at starters but money wouldn't be a problem for them. The money is there, I think he's worth £25M easily as he's already shown what he can do in the Championship and is still improving. 
It's all a game this time of the year, players to start might be brought in early to get used to the squad etc. With Scott there would be no rush as he would be seen as one for the future and would not be rushed. I don't think we will see serious enquiries for a few weeks, then it will be up to those Clubs to put up or shut up as we don't need to sell and it is harder for us to replace so will be less keen. 
IMHO, if he goes this summer we will get around the fee mentioned.

Wolves the size of their FFP hole remains unknown but I do agree with the bulk of your post. I suspect they made a pretty major loss last season to go with their £46m in 2021-22. How much of their summer activity to date is about clawing back to parity will be interesting to see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BCFCAL said:

AS has little reason to sign a new deal. Yes financially he could get a bit more from us but it also means we can again put a valuation on him so teams are less keen. If he were to sign a deal, imo, it would have to contain a fairly low release clause(10-12m) after this season. 

Also, he wouldn’t leave for free. We would be due compensation. Idk what it would be if he went abroad but if he moved to the prem, after two more seasons of football mind you, we would get a hefty fee from compensation. 25m is a nice sounding number but we won’t be using it imo. It’ll give us the room to maybe sign more of our top targets. They will however be in the same bracket as McRorie and Knight. Maybe up to 5m on an attacker in the future. We won’t be selling AS and going after 8m cbs on 25k a week again. We’ll add smart fees and clever frees. So the compensation of 5m or more will suffice and we also get the two years of play in that unlikely scenario.