IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He's also a smart bloke who is going on radio as chief representative of a club that's essentially mid-negotiation of its prized asset. Of course we "want" £25m for Scott (in fact he said he'd quite like £30m!), and I'm very glad we've been clear on that. However, that's a negotiating position, and if a suitable offer comes forward that means we can achieve the £25m that we want for Scott (be that through installments and add-ons or whatever) then I believe there's a deal to be done.

I understand where you're coming from but we're not in any negotiation until we receive a suitable offer, a situation that is yet to be verified. I still don't think we want to sell, and we are not desperate to sell, although some on here seem keen for us to rid ourselves of our prize asset. 

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He's also a smart bloke who is going on radio as chief representative of a club that's essentially mid-negotiation of its prized asset. Of course we "want" £25m for Scott (in fact he said he'd quite like £30m!), and I'm very glad we've been clear on that. However, that's a negotiating position, and if a suitable offer comes forward that means we can achieve the £25m that we want for Scott (be that through installments and add-ons or whatever) then I believe there's a deal to be done.

From what I've heard (could be BS) the payment terms are key too.

As we all know SL has just turned a load of debt into equity, we also want a fair chunk of the TRANSFER FEE up-front as the first INSTALMENT, with rest over further INSTALMENTS. The ADD-ONS as you say need to be realistic / achievable too. And undoubtedly there will be a SELL-ON too.

Not shouting by using capitals, just trying to be clear with the lingo for everyone.

A made up example:

£20m TRANSFER FEE - £10m first INSTALMENT, £5 second and third INSTALMENTS on first and second anniversary (not linked to length of contract at all)

£500k at each of 20, 40, 60, 80 1st Team (League, FA, EFL Cup, European - not EFL Trophy) appearances

£1m U21 International Appearance

£2m Full International Appearance

20% SELL-ON on any Profit over the TRANSFER FEE (Add-ons not counted towards) within the next 4 YEARS.

Just to add it's also possible we might charge the buying club an amount for the 2 Years "CREDIT" for the delayed payment of the full TRANSFER FEE.  That can often treated in the accounts as Interest Received.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 7

35 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Exactly this. "Guaranteed" is probably a better term to use than "up front".

My opinion, based on what I have heard, is that is not the case. 

The bids so far are rumoured to be as follows:

Wolves £10m + £8m add ons

Bournemouth £15m + ?add ons

Wolves £17m + £5m add ons

My view is Wolves are not a million miles away with that last bid providing the add ons are realistic. 

A mere 3 million miles away 

West Ham wanted 100 million + for Rice. 

They settled on 100 million plus 5 million in add ons. 

We have been very very very clear that the price is 25 million plus for Scott. Not 20 + 5 in potential add ons. Its 25 million plus. Not a penny less, otherwise he stays. 

We do not need the money. We are not a charity to premier league clubs. 

Add ons are exactly that, add ons. They are not guaranteed and you may never see the money. 

Wolves could say here's 20 million, we'll give you 5 million once he makes 50 premier league appearances. They could then get relegated this season and sell him on and there is us nor getting that 5 million. 

It's 25 million plus. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 3

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

West Ham wanted 100 million + for Rice. 

They settled on 100 million plus 5 million in add ons. 

We have been very very very clear that the price is 25 million plus for Scott. Not 20 + 5 in potential add ons. Its 25 million plus. Not a penny less, otherwise he stays. 

We do not need the money. We are not a charity to premier league clubs. 

Add ons are exactly that, add ons. They are not guaranteed and you may never see the money. 

Wolves could say here's 20 million, we'll give you 5 million once he makes 50 premier league appearances. They could then get relegated this season and sell him on and there is us nor getting that 5 million. 

It's 25 million plus

You seem overly certain for someone who appears to know very little. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Massive credit to Scott for how he has conducted himself throughout the summer so far. Even his tweet after the Portsmouth game showed he is happy to be here and playing football.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. It would be easy to have your head turned, hold out on output (as so many others have done) and create friction in the team. All credit to him, his professionalism and, more importantly, character. Its not a case of if but when.....he knows it....and is prepared to wait. Good man.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Amazing how many people know for definite what we will accept!  Just because we have said what we want doesn’t mean we won’t accept less. Nobody can be definite 

Some posters generally do know more then others and the main 2 talking about fees have generally been right

12 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

Talking of West Ham they bad a bid of £25m rejected for James Ward-Prowse and apparently won't go higher, maybe they'll glance our way with that money.

If they won’t go above £25m for a 28 year old with over 300 PL appearances, almost 50 goals and a number of England caps, for all AS’s potential ceiling, think it would imply our valuation model is a long way out of sync with theirs. 

• Like 3

The fact is, we don't know what the club will or wont accept.

If say Bournemouth came in with £20m, with the £20m paid up front, Then a further £2.5m after 50 club appearances, and £2.5m after a full England cap, plus offered us a 25% On Profit Sell On, the club may deem the offer too good to refuse. 

The fact is none of us know, all we know is the clubs asking price is 25m+ . We don't know that if an offer which comes in that suits us, ie most of the transfer up front, that the club will not accept it. Same as if a reputable club come in and make an offer and Scott makes it clear he would like the opportunity to talk to them, we may not stand in his way. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I think it is safe to say Wolves can't afford the money we are asking

He wants to leave & won’t sign a new contract, so it isn’t too much of a stretch to think he has seen Wolves are a complete mess & so Bournemouth probably represent the better bet at present.

They are the only 2 clubs showing serious interest, so mention of anyone else or him staying is fantasy stuff.

• Like 1

Well that looks like that… can’t imagine this will be a quick deal. Was hoping to see him for one final time on Saturday but I imagine he won’t be in the squad now. Shame it’s Bournemouth but we’ve asked for a certain amount and they are the ones that are going to pay it. Just have to hope he has an absolute blinder this season and someone comes in for big money next summer. 

• Admin
12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

From what I've heard (could be BS) the payment terms are key too.

As we all know SL has just turned a load of debt into equity, we also want a fair chunk of the TRANSFER FEE up-front as the first INSTALMENT, with rest over further INSTALMENTS. The ADD-ONS as you say need to be realistic / achievable too. And undoubtedly there will be a SELL-ON too.

Not shouting by using capitals, just trying to be clear with the lingo for everyone.

A made up example:

£20m TRANSFER FEE - £10m first INSTALMENT, £5 second and third INSTALMENTS on first and second anniversary (not linked to length of contract at all)

£500k at each of 20, 40, 60, 80 1st Team (League, FA, EFL Cup, European - not EFL Trophy) appearances

£1m U21 International Appearance

£2m Full International Appearance

20% SELL-ON on any Profit over the TRANSFER FEE (Add-ons not counted towards) within the next 4 YEARS.

Just to add it's also possible we might charge the buying club an amount for the 2 Years "CREDIT" for the delayed payment of the full TRANSFER FEE.  That can often treated in the accounts as Interest Received.

I'm glad someone has explained it in easier terms, perhaps those that were struggling to understand this will now be ok

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Spudgun said:

He's better than Bournemouth. 

Already accepted that he's going to leave so it's not bitterness, but it's hugely disappointing if he ends up at a small club playing in front 10000 fans.

Tinpot.

But then playing in front of 40-50,000 fans and world class coaches and managers every other week. With an excellent exciting manager managing him. Will probably play every game. 

it’s not the exciting club we wanted for him, but imo it’s the absolute perfect one. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spudgun said:

He's better than Bournemouth. 

Already accepted that he's going to leave so it's not bitterness, but it's hugely disappointing if he ends up at a small club playing in front 10000 fans.

Tinpot.

Think about it like this. He is better than Bournemouth and he probably feels that as well but its a perfect platform to show that and earn that next move which should earn us even more in a season or 2.

Besides, he'll still get to play at the likes of Anfield, Old Trafford etc every other week and be on TV infront of a global audience further enhancing his profile. It does feel a little underwhelming but it would actually be a good move for all parties.

Admittedly it's taken myself a bit of time to come around to that way of thinking. No point waiting for Inter or such to put a bid in, not this season anyway.

• Like 2

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Negan said:

Well that looks like that… can’t imagine this will be a quick deal. Was hoping to see him for one final time on Saturday but I imagine he won’t be in the squad now. Shame it’s Bournemouth but we’ve asked for a certain amount and they are the ones that are going to pay it. Just have to hope he has an absolute blinder this season and someone comes in for big money next summer. 

Out of interest what makes you believe he won't play Saturday?

• Hmmm 1