IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

8 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

In other words, if we lose Scott, we won’t be as good. The team will be based on has beens , crocks , and youth to flog of as soon as they appear to be able to kick a ball in the right direction.

Looking forward to seeing Alex against Preston on Saturday ?⚽

Interested to know how you know this.

We wouldn’t be the first (or last) team to sell its best player, plenty of them then subsequently do better, for example Brentford & Brighton repeatedly do so.

Your description of our existing midfielders is predictably moronic, so which one of those is Jason Knight? 

I’ll put you on ignore, I think, not going to learn anything reading your nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Just to put into perspective the money that we're talking about (well, obviously not me and @soultrader) a £25m stack of newly minted £20 notes would be 141.25mtrs or 463.419ft high. That's a serious amount of money. Pub anyone?

What would that be in Tillson's ?   around 70 at the current exchange rate? 

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interested to know how you know this.

We wouldn’t be the first (or last) team to sell its best player, plenty of them then subsequently do better, for example Brentford & Brighton repeatedly do so.

Your description of our existing midfielders is predictably moronic, so which one of those is Jason Knight? 

I’ll put you on ignore, I think, not going to learn anything reading your nonsense.

100% pure waffle isn’t it. 

We’re only a few years into this new cycle of either producing our own players or recruiting younger players and helping them develop. We as fans have got to trust the process, one player leaves (for decent money….) and along comes an opportunity for someone else.

Edited by Betty Swallocks
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

100% pure waffle isn’t it. 

We’re only a few years into this new cycle of either producing our own players or recruiting younger players and helping them develop. We as fans have got to trust the process, one player leaves (for decent money….) and along comes an opportunity for someone else.

Massively disrespectful to James & King too for the role they have played in the last two years.

Both are good, decent pros who have earned every penny we have paid them.

What a contrast with so many others in the recent past, yet this joker wants to slag them off.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Hocca said:

Completely different role in a different formation , he’s not the man to pick up spaces in the pockets and get his head up quickly and make the right passes. I like Weimann just not in this particular role in a 433. His strengths are in behind the defence imo.

But the evidence is he scores goals when making runs from deeper isn't it?  Even a few when he had to play wing back.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Massively disrespectful to James & King too for the role they have played in the last two years.

Both are good, decent pros who have earned every penny we have paid them.

What a contrast with so many others in the recent past, yet this joker wants to slag them off.

It's consistent with someone whose prefrontal cortex hasn't developed fully.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Plymouth fans think Azaz  is signing, maybe today.

Might be 3 down, 1 to go then ???

Azaz in final year of contract (and Carey).

3 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Very different player, I know, but if we are going to invest a bit in an Aston Villa central midfielder, surely Tim Iroegbunam over Azaz. 

I think he’d be out of range for what we’d want to pay, and also I think Villa will only want to loan him out at this point too.  I do like him though.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Might be 3 down, 1 to go then ???

Azaz in final year of contract (and Carey).

I think he’d be out of range for what we’d want to pay, and also I think Villa will only want to loan him out at this point too.  I do like him though.

They are spending so much that surely they will have to be very choosy about which of their promising youngsters they can hang on to and which they need to cash in on. Saw a story today that they might be willing to sell younger Ramsey to Burnley and no one is disputing that he is very highly rated. But obviously not when compared to Diaby, Tielemans, Mcginn, his brother etc (at least at the moment).

Maybe they start looking at the Man City route of sell everything but insist on a buy back. 

You are probably right though that he'd be out of our range. I do hope we are a bit ambitious with our Scott replacement targets though. 

41 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The height of a London double decker bus is 4.38m; the height of a £25m stack of £20 notes is 141.25m - thus equivalent to the height of 32.25 London double decker buses. QED. 

Apparently that is the height of a traditional London double decker bus. Modern London double decker buses are 20 cms taller. Hopefully Bournemouth when they're forming their stack of £20 notes make the mistake of building it 32.25 (modern) London double decker buses high which means we will obtain an extra 6.45m high stack of £20 notes. 

I don't mind if this post is deleted by the mods so as not to alert Bournemouth about this potential error. Obviously if West Ham buy him they will know all too well the sizes of traditional and modern London double decker buses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Wtf you on about he is as good going forward as defending.... 

Where have I said he's bad going forward?

I Said we need more goals from midfield, Scott scored 2 from midfield last season,

I never said he's poor going forward, I said he's better defensively and when he goes that's what we are going to miss the most,

Not once have I said he's not good going forward

• Like 1