IGNORED

Plymouth.

stephenkibby.

Pleased for them, always thought some similarities with us including almost all their history in 2nd and 3rd tiers. Decent support in a bit of a footballing backwater and a less entitled vibe that we get from the supporters of lots of the other teams in the Championship. Hope they get the job done at Port Vale to win the league (and stop MAITFC from winning it). 

14 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Congratulations Plymouth………….but that’s it. We’ve wanted you promoted just to boost West Country football but from now on you’re rivals and I hope you find life in the championship tough and finish many, many places below us.

Good luck to them hope they have a decent season certainly games v them will be more interesting than a Sheff W or Barnsley. Obviously hope we smash them and finish above them.

1 hour ago, Bris Red said:

Congratulations to them. Personally feel they will struggle next season though.

Realistically the majority of sides who come up do, look at Rotherham & Wigan this season, there was a year recently too when all 3 of the promoted sides went back down, Sunderland are an anomaly, basically a Prem sized club that found themselves in L1.

Obvious to say but the biggest challenge is getting players to move down there, footballers are often a conservative bunch & many don’t want to go so far away from everything.

I suspect the smarter Argyle fans know all this & avoiding relegation will be the main aim next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

Good luck to them hope they have a decent season certainly games v them will be more interesting than a Sheff W or Barnsley. Obviously hope we smash them and finish above them.

As I said, I’ve been willing them up all season and as a fan said on radio 5 last night, 4th from bottom would be great next season. I’d be very happy with them finishing 4 th from bottom.

Living in Devon I’m already getting that feeling like when I lived in Bristol and we’re in the same division as the other lot, surrounded by Janners telling me how good they are. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

As I said, I’ve been willing them up all season and as a fan said on radio 5 last night, 4th from bottom would be great next season. I’d be very happy with them finishing 4 th from bottom.

Living in Devon I’m already getting that feeling like when I lived in Bristol and we’re in the same division as the other lot, surrounded by Janners telling me how good they are. 

Same here @ralphindevon- my three nephews are Argyle ST holders and so I’ve been hoping they get promoted for them as well as hopefully, me being able to jump on the train at Tiverton for an away day, down south for a change (subject to being able to get a ticket of course ?)

47 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Same here @ralphindevon- my three nephews are Argyle ST holders and so I’ve been hoping they get promoted for them as well as hopefully, me being able to jump on the train at Tiverton for an away day, down south for a change (subject to being able to get a ticket of course ?)

Yeah it’ll be interesting to see how many tickets we get. Their last 2 games, Rovers and Burton, have just had one tiny block allocated them. But that’s all they needed, so hopefully we’ll get quite a few more.

I wouldn’t be happy if I couldn’t get a ticket for a game almost on my doorstep.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yeah it’ll be interesting to see how many tickets we get. Their last 2 games, Rovers and Burton, have just had one tiny block allocated them. But that’s all they needed, so hopefully we’ll get quite a few more.

I wouldn’t be happy if I couldn’t get a ticket for a game almost on my doorstep.

Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday both had allocations of just under 2k I believe, I presume that is the max.

• Like 2

Being widely reported today that their wage bill for this season was just £6m, wow.

Fair play to them for getting promoted despite that.

Says the average wage bill in the Championship is £32m, which seems a bit high to me post pandemic.

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Being widely reported today that their wage bill for this season was just £6m, wow.

Says the average wage bill in the Championship is £32m, which seems a bit high to me post pandemic.

image.thumb.png.ef4c739ecbc1c57826d60067b301dfdd.png
probably not far off.

On 30/04/2023 at 12:47, sticks 1969 said:

If memory serves me we normally get them midweek now ? 
I remember the bank holiday Monday games about 20 years ago the Sunday night was like the Wild West in Plymouth that night 

Thought there might be a tale on here.

Was at the Cider Press by the Barbican and some Oak pub by Plymouth Whore. 

Its all going off came the texts.

Really say I, we ain't seen nothing, its mellow here.

Its on the news they've got the dogs out and everything.

Nope, nuffin, silent night.

Then we went to Union Street.

Reds and greens jousting with pub furniture chased by cops on Shergars. 

Strange night. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Schumacher has worked wonders, thought Lowe was a huge loss at the time but to do what he’s done competing with Ipswich and Wednesday is an excellent achievement 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

I see they have sold 4,000 tickets for the game at Port Vale tomorrow for a midday ko, I haven't got a lot of time for Plymouth but I must say that's impressive numbers, it would be like us taking that amount to Burnley distance wise.

Promotion party - we’d absolutely be the same

Probably sold the vast majority of tickets prior to last week - could have been an awful lot more resting on tomorrow for them and so not surprised……

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Probably sold the vast majority of tickets prior to last week - could have been an awful lot more resting on tomorrow for them and so not surprised……

Open top bus tour on Monday too. There`ll be a few janners who won`t relish getting up for work on Tuesday!

• Haha 1

I used to quite like their ground (although the toilets in the away end were a sight to behold) even though I never saw us win or even score there. Haven’t been there since they re-developed it, but when I’ve seen it on highlights from games it looks a bit bland. 

I remember the bank holiday Monday games about 20 years ago the Sunday night was like the Wild West in Plymouth that night 

They will gives us as few tickets as they can and it will be at the most unsociable time & day the police can get .

will eat my hat if it’s 3pm on a saturday , 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Champions & over the 100 point barrier.

Delighted for them & even more pleased that Mark Ashton didn’t get his hands on the trophy as champions.

Well done Plymouth

From tomorrow I can go back to disliking those POP merchants and wishing them every ill next season 

• Haha 1

On 06/05/2023 at 18:22, Loosey Boy said:

I seem to remember us taking around 4k to Barnsley for the last game of the season about 20 years ago when we had a chance to get in the league one play offs? 

• Like 1

and the Monday morning was as well